Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My son graduated in 2016 and is currently in college doing very well. My daughter is currently in the high school and is also doing very well. UCHS has a large % of low income kids which brings scores down .. in ALL schools. UCity does as good or better job at addressing low income needs as best ANY school can. It does a fabulous job at offering all kids opportunities --- AP classes; sports; yearbook/journalism, robotics etc. Most sports and activities are open and available to ANY kid who wants to join: not just those kids who have had private experiences in the activity prior to high school. I CAN and DO honestly say that i am glad my kids went/go to UCity schools and that they are better off for it.

How can parents honedtly say they are glad that their child attended U City? Just to say they went to the U? Are you awsre over 80% of the kids are achieving BELOW LEVEL. The school is ranked a 2 out of 10!!!! Are you serious!! Average ACT score is 18!!! People are on here bragging about that! NEWS FLASH: THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF FAILING!!! Wake up!!

As a recent alumni and now college student I cannot fully express the great lack of preparation for college that University City provided. I was a student from k-12 this environment fosters bullying and racism. Many students are not adequately prepared for college and most drop out during their first year. If you have any other options DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN HERE.

After having one daughter graduate last year and go to college, as well as a daughter in her junior year, I've experienced many times when I am so proud to say my kids attended U City schools since kindergarten. I'll try to be brief: 1. The college experience has opened one daughters's eyes to various campuses and areas of studies. 2. The 2013 graduate has found her social skills gained at U City to be a huge benefit in navigating her first semester at college. 3. The teachers are involved, caring and amazingly talented. The coursework rigorous and the options varied. 4. The school community is strong and supportive and the students recognize and appreciate how all kinds of intelligences create a well-rounded school student body.

UCHS has so much variety in their extra-curricular activities, it's hard for the kids to choose. Students are busy and happy, there are many, many great teachers, principal is doing an excellent job. Lots of opportunities and support!

I love University City Schools, they are very involved with the children, They keep you updated on your childs progress and are more than willing to help any child.

This is my second's daughter first year at University City High School and it has been a great start to the school year.

I wish i could say that UCHS is a place that i feel safe and comfertable in. I am in my sophmore year at U City and i feel as if they've failed me. Growing up in U City I loved it. I loved my friends, teachers, and my elementary school. But as soon as I became a student at the high school, I wanted to go back to elementary school. The high school has so many problems that it is ridiculous. Over 50% of the students could care less about their education, teachers, or their peers and are not hesitent to let it be known. Your peers will do their best to make you feel unaccepted in the school and only very few teachers show that they care about the students or their education. The school does have its Pros as well. The activities we have could be a better but they are good. I do believe that at one point in time U City was a great school but things change over time. I blame the parents.

I LOVE MY SCHOOL! By going to u-city I feel prepared to go into the world. I have been exposed to so much culture at u-city and have loved it all. U-city had made so many opportunities for me and I have gotten to work with some of the most amazing teachers and staff! Many teachers and staff have gone out of there way to make sure my high school experience was the best it could be! I would suggest U-city to any one who loves the arts and wants to feel prepared to face any challenges in life along with taking many great academic courses!

Public schools are extremely important to their communities as well as to the young people who attend. We should all support them as much as possible.

Last modified University City Sr. High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.