University City, MO

Posted October 07, 2013
After having one daughter graduate last year and go to college, as well as a daughter in her junior year, I've experienced many times when I am so proud to say my kids attended U City schools since kindergarten. I'll try to be brief: 1. The college experience has opened one daughters's eyes to various campuses and areas of studies. 2. The 2013 graduate has found her social skills gained at U City to be a huge benefit in navigating her first semester at college. 3. The teachers are involved, caring and amazingly talented. The coursework rigorous and the options varied. 4. The school community is strong and supportive and the students recognize and appreciate how all kinds of intelligences create a well-rounded school student body.

Posted September 27, 2013
UCHS has so much variety in their extra-curricular activities, it's hard for the kids to choose. Students are busy and happy, there are many, many great teachers, principal is doing an excellent job. Lots of opportunities and support!

Posted September 27, 2013
I love University City Schools, they are very involved with the children, They keep you updated on your childs progress and are more than willing to help any child.

Posted September 27, 2013
This is my second's daughter first year at University City High School and it has been a great start to the school year.

University City Sr. High School 3

Posted November 15, 2011
I wish i could say that UCHS is a place that i feel safe and comfertable in. I am in my sophmore year at U City and i feel as if they've failed me. Growing up in U City I loved it. I loved my friends, teachers, and my elementary school. But as soon as I became a student at the high school, I wanted to go back to elementary school. The high school has so many problems that it is ridiculous. Over 50% of the students could care less about their education, teachers, or their peers and are not hesitent to let it be known. Your peers will do their best to make you feel unaccepted in the school and only very few teachers show that they care about the students or their education. The school does have its Pros as well. The activities we have could be a better but they are good. I do believe that at one point in time U City was a great school but things change over time. I blame the parents.

Posted January 02, 2010
I LOVE MY SCHOOL! By going to u-city I feel prepared to go into the world. I have been exposed to so much culture at u-city and have loved it all. U-city had made so many opportunities for me and I have gotten to work with some of the most amazing teachers and staff! Many teachers and staff have gone out of there way to make sure my high school experience was the best it could be! I would suggest U-city to any one who loves the arts and wants to feel prepared to face any challenges in life along with taking many great academic courses!

University City Sr. High School 0

Posted September 20, 2009
Public schools are extremely important to their communities as well as to the young people who attend. We should all support them as much as possible.

University City Sr. High School 0

Posted July 05, 2009
uchs focuses on the students to help them to see the best in them and to grow for the future.

University City Sr. High School 3

Posted May 27, 2009
University City High School is a place where the student who wants to work can get a great education. Opportunities are limitless. Kids whose parents never went to college are giving extra tutorial support, mentoring, college guidance, and help from the time they are freshmen, and we have scores of these students going off to college this fall with great scholarships. This year, our graduates have been accepted to Yale, Vanderbilt, Rice, U of Chicago, Washington U, Stanford, Cal-Berkley, U of Wisconsin-Madison, U of Texas-Austin, U of Redlands, and many other great schools. Opportunities to take Honors and AP classes are open to all, not just those that 'test in', and if a student is failing in AP classes, extra teacher support is available, although no one is given a 'pass' --if a student can't do the harder work despite extra help, the student can opt into an easier class.

Posted April 07, 2009

University City Sr. High School
7401 Balson Ave, University City, MO  63130
Last modified University City Sr. High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
University City Sr. High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top