No rating

Messiah Lutheran School

Private | PK-8

Living in Weldon Spring

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $177,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,080.

Posted June 2, 2014

This is a pretty cool place! Great location right off Hwy 94 and easy access to 64/40. Fairly new facility and great outdoor space. New playgrounds are being installed this summer, too! We really loved having our son in Preschool this past year. We made many great friends and can't wait for PK to start in the fall. We plan on enrolling for K-8 elementary school classes, too. In two years our daughter will attend. The preschool class my son attended had great options for attentance where we chose the days to attend. He learned so much about Jesus, reading, math, and everything! We could not be more pleased with the early childhood classes and directors at this school! Even the class assistants are awesome. The staff compliments eachother very well.

Posted April 15, 2014

This place is the best hands-down! A high-quality, faith-based education with well-qualified teachers is exactly what you'll get here at Messiah. Their preschool and prekindergarten allows parents to chose exactly which days to attend. These classes fill quickly. Messiah is a Blue Ribbon School from the USA Dept of Education, too. Invest in your child's future and go here - we have been so pleased with the early childhood program and look forward to being in the elementary program.

Posted April 11, 2014

We have two children at Messiah and love it! If you're looking for an excellent education rooted in God's word- this is the place for you. The teachers and staff are excellent and caring. The Messiah community of staff, church and other parents is welcoming. I'd recommend Messiah to anyone looking for a loving, caring, safe and academically excellent environment for their children.

Posted August 14, 2013

We LOVE Messiah Lutheran! My son is entering his second year in Pre-K and has been counting down the days to go back. As a single working mother, it's comforting to know that my son is in the loving care of some great teachers when he is not in my care. I loved how they communicated what was going on in the classroom - schedules, weekly themes, books read, bible stories, and weekly emails. And the things he learned - Wow! I don't remember learning all the names of all the planets in preschool. My son is goes to school excited and leaves happy every day.

Posted November 15, 2012

I would give them a lower rating if I good based on the negligence we experienced with our three year old daughter who up until this week attended this school. My daughter had a potty accident and rather then put her in clothes that they have out visibly by their office, the teacher and Director decided to place my daughter in nothing but a t-shirt on in the bathroom sitting on a stool alone. When we showed up to get our daughter, she was freezing sitting there basically naked with no adult supervision. When we inquired with the school, we were told that they were with her one minute ago. You never leave a child unattended let alone punish her by putting her in a bathroom naked when you have clothiers. Be careful of their negligence and lack of ability to provide correct processes in child care.

Posted January 5, 2012

We absolutely are thrilled with this school. We have been there four years. Academically, the students are testing out at several grade levels ABOVE the national averages. Teachers & Staff are wonderful! They continually go above and beyond to provide the best possible learning environment for our children and keep them challenged academically. Very strong school leadership is important & Messiah exceeds in this area. The best part - this is all being accomplished in a strong, family-orientated Christian environment.

Posted May 16, 2011

I have 2 children that attended this school and have for a few years. I love the school. I feel that my children are challanged academically. The teachers are outstanding and care for the students and the school. They want to make it a success. Our principle is also very concerned about making theMessiah the best it can be. Yes, we have gone through so growing pains, and I have been through them, the school has always come out ahead!!

Posted January 24, 2011

I I was on this site to compare other schools, because I am very disappointed in Messiah! I couldn't agree more with the first parent's comment. This is happening to my children at Messiah. The teachers (90% of them) are very inflexible and won't help your child succeed. If your child is an average student, then Messiah is the place to be.

Posted August 21, 2010

Use caution if you are considering this school; it is not for everyone. The academics are not much different than the public schools. What you are paying for is the religious instruction and spiritual enrichment, which are very good. If you are a working parent it is more difficult to get involved because the activities and programs are geared toward stay-at-home moms. Also, there is very little flexibility on the part of the teachers in their instruction. If your child needs a little more help because he/she is having difficulty, or a little more challenge because the material is too easy, the teachers are not willing to change their teaching methods to accomodate. It is a "one-size-fits-all" approach to education. I was often told by a teacher that she did not have the time or the resources to do anything different.

Posted August 10, 2010

Both of my children have attended Messiah for several years and the experience has been nothing short of incredible. Not only are they testing two-plus years beyond their grade level, but here we are with two weeks left of summer, and they are EXCITED about going back to school.

Posted August 12, 2008

This is a great school. My kids attend this school and after switching from a public school to Messiah I have noticed a great improvement in their knowledge.

Posted August 3, 2008

All of our children have gone to pre-school at Messiah and are now attending day school here. We love the caring, christian environment. Messiah is fairly new, so you are really able to be involved if you wish to be! The small class size is incredible.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Rob Biesendorfer
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Fax number
  • (636) 329-1098

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious