Bad
Good

Posted August 23, 2013
I am the proud grandmother of three students that have attended and are attending this school. These children are the smartest and they are so polite. Along with their parents and their grandmother's guidance and the teaching skills at your school, these children will excel in whatever they desire to do. Thanks for doing such a great job!

Posted June 02, 2013
I have a child that went to this school and it was excellent. The onlly negative was Mrs. Cardona. My child loved math and did very well before this year but in Mrs. Cardonas class my child and their friends now hate math due to Mrs. Cardonas lack of patients and vindictive nature. She even avoided us and another group in parents night. I would suggest you avoid her at all cost.

Posted October 05, 2011
My daughter is in 6th grade and she loves it. She is an A student; she has adjusted well to middle school thanks to the teachers. The school has prepared her well for middle school and I can see the level of maturity that she has gained. The teachers make it their duty to send you emails of what is being taught and also let you know when a quiz/test will be given and what the focus of the test will be on so you can discuss with your child. There is more than one test/quizz each week so the students are forced to keep up with the curriculum and to maintain their knoweldge. So far I am very pleased. The only issue I have is with music - i.e. renting the instrument with what I consider to be a high monthly fee and overall paying more than the cost of buying a new instrument. Taking music as an option can be costly for those who have met with financial hardship,but then again my child is not considering a career in music so it's no big deal for me.

Wentzville South Middle School 1

Posted July 04, 2008
I am a parent of a child with a dissability and have been in the wentzville school distreict for the last 5 years. When my son was at boone trail elementary the special ed department was outstanding and the staff worked so well as a team, not to mention keep excellent comminication between us. However, since my son has been at wentzville south middle these past two years have been a complete contrast. There were constant communication gaps and lack of respect for our wishes in regard to his needs. In fact, the more we had to assert ourselves as his advocates, the more resistance we got. If you don't have a child with special needs (and i do have one without special needs also) it's a fabulous school. However, if you have a child with special needs consider yourself warned.

Posted May 27, 2008
Mr. Clemons makes this a five star school! His leadership is excellent!

Posted January 04, 2007
I have a son in the 8th grade at SMS and one in 6th grade at Frontier. I really like the block schedule that SMS has and wish that Frontier had that same type of schedule. My 8th grader has had the block schedule since starting middle school and hasn't brought much homework home the entire time he's been at middle school. My 6th grader has so much homework that he spends at least 2 hrs a night on it. I feel the block schedule would cut down on the excessive homework and would give more intensive learning than what he gets now in the shorter classes.

Posted March 04, 2006
We were so pleased with WSMS. The team approach is wonderful, and really helps the staff focus on the best interests of each child. Block scheduling is great, although it takes a bit of getting used to. We live in another state now, but are moving back, and one of the requirements is that the home is in the same school. I believe the quality of education offered at WSMS is outstanding!

Posted September 29, 2004
We had our three boys travel through this school. We were all really involved. Excellent support and teacher staff. Everyone involved with WSMS stressed the importance of being prepared for the trip to Timberland. PTA participation was excellent. We are proud to say our children attended WSMS

Wentzville South Middle School
561 East Hwy North, Wentzville, MO  63385
Last modified Wentzville South Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.