Great Falls, MT

Posted September 27, 2014
We have been with VV for 4yrs. With the old principal, there was a lot of bad management and picking sides with parents, student and staff. There was a lot of drama and there were a few times we wanted to transfer. Since the new principal, Mrs. Cutler began however, so many things have changed for the better. She runs the school so much better and you can see it from the teachers to the kids and parents. I went from getting calls daily about my child to none at all. It is amazing what one person can do to change the group. The teachers are supported better which provides my child a more structured and pleasant learning environment. VV is a great little gem. My child and I are very happy with this school and what they offer. I would recommend this school to anyone interested.

Posted January 16, 2014
VV is a wonderful school. Just in the last two years there have been so many changes. VV was the only school in great falls to meet AYP. Also VV is a title I distinguished school. There are yoga classes for students on monday morning, after school on monday the librarian has started bobcat book club. Thursdays the 4th graders can participate in a dance class after school. This year kids in 5th and 6th grade can join STEAM club to prepare for the annual STEAM expo on thursdays. The last few years kids are able to join big sky fit kids after school, which my kiddos love! Every grade has ipads to help with the techie way learning is heading. I have not yet met a teacher that I've disliked, and the assemblies are hilarious. Way to go VV I'm so proud to have my children be a part of the VV family.

Posted September 21, 2013
We have 2 children that attend valley view. We have liked every teacher so far, and love the close knit feel of the neighborhood.

Posted June 07, 2012
VV is a great school. I don't know what the other poster meant by no speech therapists? My daughter is nine and had gone to speech twice a week for two years. The turnover for teachers isn't high.VV has awesome bb lunches where at the end of each quarter parents are encouraged to come have lunch with their child and celebrate their quarterly awards. VV has a zero tolerance when it comes to bullying! My children have never a had a problem.

Posted October 27, 2011
I am very happy with Valley View overall. Like any school there are a lot of great teachers and a few that are just okay. The school is very good about keeping parents involved and has always seemed very open to parents' suggestions. There are also a lot of fun activities throughout the year.

Valley View School 1

Posted January 30, 2011
Ok, but not great. Have 2 children that atttend but plan on moving them to another school district. The one child that is in a self contained classroom is harassed and taunted by children and some staff, but we've delt with worse. The other child who was transisitoned out of self contained is really struggling and they are not helping him as much as they should. They've since informed me that now he's had an IQ test and rated 72 that they'll be dropping all services for him, which infuriates me, but that's how this state is. If you're thinking of moving from out of state, stay out of great falls completely. No speech therapists except for infants, no occupational therapists, no good physical therapists, and after a child's 8th birthday all services get cut off unless their IQ is under 70. And it's experiencing a high turnover rate of teachers. I almost forgot that for holidays, the artwork your child makes does not get to go home, it is sold for profit. So for mother's day I had to go to the school and purchase the gifts my children made for me.

Valley View School
900 Ave A NW, Great Falls, MT  59404
Last modified Valley View School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley View School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top