Gretna, NE

Posted October 26, 2011
AR is a pain in my neck but I make up the misery with marching and concert band. It's the reason I'm smart, and the reason I come to this school in the first place. Wish I could drive though. Wish my bus didn't pick me up at four...:D

Posted October 15, 2011
It's great and I learn so much! The teachers have a way of mixing fun into learning

Posted July 28, 2011
This is a great local public H.S., a superb alternative to area private schools. The leadership is excellent, with high student expectations. Students are strongly encouraged to join extracurricular activities and clubs. I wish there was a school orchestra and greater number of club options, besides sports, but student involvement is high. Student teacher ratio is good, with very involved and knowledgeable educators. Teacher quality is very good. Most teachers are very caring and motivating. Of course there are always a handful that both kids and parents wish to avoid. College Prep track is available, but currently only one AP option. The commitment to education and smaller class size is worth that sacrifice. Basic education needs with alternate vocational training is also available-a good basic mix for all. I highly recommend over other larger school systems. My sophomore is not just a number in the classroom. People actually expect him to be there, to learn, and will contact parents, if necessary. I am able to access grades online, and contact teachers with direct e-mail, anytime. A++in my book! :) Parent/local private school & successful college grad.

Posted June 17, 2011
We were very impressed with the leadership, teaching ability and overall involvement of the community for the high school. Our children had an opportunity to be involved in activities that they would have never been involved in in a larger district. Counselors, teachers and principals were very thorough in their reports and genuinely showed concern for students, wanting every student to succeed and were give every opportunity to succeed.

Posted September 07, 2009
The staff is good, the assistant principal runs the place really well, but they offer nothing educationally. They don't offer anything classes to help you in life, not even a home ec. course! The english teacher I had couldn't spell but they hire any previous students without checking into them. If you want your kids to be treated nice, it's okay. If you want your kids to learn anything, send them to Millard North.

Posted February 21, 2009
As a junior at, who has attended Gretna since kindergarten, I have received an outstanding education. Teachers at Gretna do not merely care for your academic success, but want to see you excel in all aspects of your life. They are always available for help with schoolwork, and just to listen. I have consistently been academically challenged, both in the classroom, and during extracurricular activities. The majority of our coaches are also teachers at one of the schools in our district, and incorporate learning into all aspects of our extracurriculars.

Posted March 04, 2008
Gretna has excellent, caring and committed teachers and staff. But what the scores of low poverty, low minorites, etc., don't tell you: the school has a serious issue with bullying and substance abuse. Having known formers students who are now dead and having been to the school myself, the experience was quite negative. The extra-curricular programs are quite good, but there needs to be more student involvement in development and leadership. I think this stems from the whole 'hand holding' approach where many kids are spoon-fed or given a slight slap on the hand when they have done wrong. Another thing: if you want your kids to learn respect, teach it to them before they enter any school.

Posted January 23, 2008
I have had 3 sons attend all of Gretna Public Schools. The administrators and teachers are by far the best I have dealt with. Prior to Gretna, my children attended OPS in Omaha and the school was the reason we moved to Gretna. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life.

Posted November 07, 2007
Gretna High school is the best school my daughter has ever attended. Her grades have improved immensely due to the teacher support and atmosphere. The academics here and the well rounded curriculum is fantastic. We are very appreciative for all the school has done for our daughter.

Gretna High School 4

Posted July 11, 2007

Gretna High School
11335 South 204th St, Gretna, NE  68028
Last modified Gretna High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gretna High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top