Southwest High School 4

Posted September 27, 2009
Note: I have never attended a full day at Southwest because I also attend a focus program. The teachers fall within the normal spectrum: I have had superb ones and ones who seemed not to care at all. I would imagine that is the same at all schools. One suggestion, take Diff courses if you want better teachers. Some counselors are good and some aren't I know, I've have three because they changed the divisions twice. The newer ones seemed to take more of an interest. I would recommend you set up a private meeting before school with parents. Discipline is adequate: not too many stupid rules and punishments usually seem fair. Block scheduling is nice, except you only spend 1 semester, max, with teachers so getting to know them well can be a challenge. It's great only having 4 finals at a time. Only having a PE for a quarter odd.

Posted April 03, 2009
My son will be starting his Senior year in 2009 and has been attending since his sophomore. I would advise everyone to send your kids to this school. Block scheduling is wonderful and more help to kids that need the extra class time. The kids seem less overwhelmed and have more opportunity to grasp the information being given rather than cramming the same information into a shorter class. As for snobs......well I tell you what. We are not rich! We do not even live on that side of town. I send my child to this school and make the long drive just so he can attend. He is not picked on for being low income and he has made many friends over the years regardless. The teachers are involved and support the kids 100% they could communicate better with parents I agree but overall it is a great school!

Southwest High School 4

Posted October 02, 2008

Posted September 30, 2008

Southwest High School 1

Posted July 13, 2008
My son went here and the whole time he was unhappy. The counselors are unapproachable and unfriendly. Although there are a few decent teachers, the overall education is below par. I would recommend any other school in Lincoln besides this one. Don't send your child here!

Posted April 20, 2008
I am very involved in many activities at southwest and, despite all other lincoln schools despising us, have loved every minute of it. All the talk of snobs and filthy rich students are false stereotypes as there are wealthy families at every school. I love the block schedules and most all of the teachers. Southwest is a great experience and is a wonderful school.

Southwest High School 0

Posted March 09, 2008
in my experiance at southwest its to snotty only go if you a docter or a lawyer or you kids will be made fun of

Posted November 29, 2007

Posted November 29, 2007

Southwest High School 1

Posted September 13, 2007

Southwest High School
7001 South 14th St, Lincoln, NE  68512
Last modified Southwest High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southwest High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top