Omaha, NE
Students enrolled: 2,571

Posted November 04, 2014
My school is very diverse which allows both staff and students to learn about others and their cultures, etc. With so many backgrounds, students learn a lot when others bring a mixing pot of information to class with them. Most teachers are focused on getting the most out of their teachings and see improvement in scores and personalities as well. I enjoy going to Central but the security staff should be rehired because they lack in there job, or at least one man does. He's useless. Other than that, the admin is great! The principal is having a hard time enforcing rules on a daily basis and needs to step up his expectations for daily behavior based on what I've seem and heard. Besides that, the school is a very well brought up educational school!!!

Posted January 20, 2014
Here at Omaha Central High School, you'll find dedicated teachers and thriving students. I've been here for almost two years and I plan on staying. The IB program here is amazing. Perhaps you've heard rumors about this school, but there nothing here that you wouldn't find at any other school. It's a matter of who is willing to put in the effort. I adore Central's diversity, opportunities, and overall appeal. Once an eagle, always an eagle.

Posted May 25, 2013
I graduated from Central in 2008 with a rounded education that allowed me to complete my bachelor of arts in English in only three years. I was able to opt out of math, science, and political science gen eds in college because Central provided classes that were sometimes even better than the college classes they could offer me. In addition to that Central has one of the most prestigious classical music programs in the state and gave me the opportunity to perform professionally with Mulberry Lane and at the College World Series. Central is the home of anyone who goes there. I often describe the feeling of family at Central as a mini Husker nation. The teachers of this school are some the best I've ever studied under, and as I complete my final semester of graduate school for my Master's degree, I can without a doubt say that Central is the reason I have the friends, world experience, and education I have today.

Posted October 04, 2009
The school is as excellent today as it was when I attended. It is a solid school, with excellent teachers that care.

Posted September 17, 2009
Academic excellence, amazing athletes, fabulous teachers and administrators...what more is there?!!

Posted September 16, 2009
It's magical! My friends and I joke that there are 'friendly ghosts.' The building is at least 100 years old and magnificent. Academics are superlative, sports are winners, Central is 'different.' Unique, Lots of love in there....

Posted September 16, 2009
I graduated from Central High last year. Central's AP classes and excellent teachers helped pave the way for me to get to college this year. Central desserves this money because of its academic excellence and its contribution to the community.

Posted September 16, 2009
Academic excellence; diversity;music and arts;tradition

Posted January 02, 2008
I love this school so much. The programs here are amazing. Central is ery diverse. Thats what makes this school the best.

Posted July 16, 2007

Central High School
124 North 20th St, Omaha, NE  68102
Last modified Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top