Bad
Good

Gilder Elementary School 1

Posted May 22, 2015
Awful school my ED son had a horrible year of kindergarten the principal basically ignored us during the whole year when we ask about having a meeting and talk about my sons progress and by the end of the school year the school principal tell my I have to take my son for an evaluation with a privated doctor even tho they have the resources and the specialist to make and evaluation assessment on my son Isn't the law for our kids to have a free equal education no matter there disability or struggles . I wouldnt recommend this school to anyone specialy if u have an ED kid they just seem to push them away instead of help the kids that are real struggling

Posted April 27, 2012
My son is a 1st grader at Gilder and I absolutely love this school. The teachers and staff are so nice and most of them know my son by name and not just as another kid. They have regular school activities that they do after school such as Math Literacy night where the kids and parents go to the school and have different stations set up for the kids to learn different ways to do math. The also have Science and healthy living night wich is the same concept. Here soon they will be having a picnic where they will grill out food and the kids have a ball. They have the most wonderful afterschool program as well. They learn so much at CLC. They do fun classes like, basket weaving, puppetry, pottery, and many more. However, first and formost is there acidemics. If they dont have homework done they cant play. I would recomend Gilder to ANYONE looking for a school in the North Bellevue.

Gilder Elementary School 3

Posted August 03, 2011
I keep reading people who want their children to get a specific kindergarten teacher who I will not name.. but we had her and she was a nightmare. She is great if your child fits her curriculum but if a child has special needs watch out because she is very inflexable and old school and made my sons first year of school very very unhappy.

Posted January 19, 2009
We have attended Gilder for six years. I was happy with the school up until the fourth grade. The Principal, Mrs Crumbley, is no longer there. She was great with the kids, but things have changed. If your child is a special needs kid, I would send him to a different school. Instead of working with the special kids, it seems the school is only too eager to push those kids to other schools now.

Posted August 15, 2005
My son and I are new with Gilder Elementary. I've heard so much about Mrs Hankins That I wanted her to teach my child for all day Kindergarten. But the school told me that is wasn't neccessary for Jacob to go all day. I just don't want him to fall behind because I was teaching him at home. So it would be great to have Mrs Hankins for my son's teacher. She's the best and I want the best! Keep it up Mrs Hankins. Mrs Sheryl Hazuka

Posted July 28, 2005
My son attends Gilder school now. He is in second grade and has went there since Kindergarten. The principle Mrs. Crumbley is great. My son has had some special education and Mrs. Crumbley spoke to both me and my mother about him. She is genuinely concerned. His teachers have taken the time to have special meetings with me and have discussed his progress with me. On his last report card he got Outstanding in all subjects and received honor awards for Reading and Math. I think they do a great job there.

Gilder Elementary School 4

Posted January 11, 2005
My daughter attended 5th & 6th grade at Gilder. The principal, Mrs. Crumbley, seems genuinely interested in the students' lives both at school and at home. She seems to not only know each student by name, but she also knows how each student is progressing in class. My daughter was in special education there, and her teachers always kept in close contact with me concerning the progress she was making. Mrs. Tomlinson (the special ed teacher) and her aid did everything in their power to make my daughter feel comfortable in the special education class. Even after my daughter went on to 7th grade and a new school, I called Mrs. Tomlinson with a concern, and she made contact with the 7th grade special ed teacher to make sure that my concern was addressed. The staff, in general, is very supporting, caring, and encouraging.

Posted May 20, 2004
If you can get Mrs. Hankins for all day Kindergarten to teach your kid(s), I would highly recommend it. She is an awesome teacher.

3705 Chandler Rd, Omaha, NE  68147
Last modified Gilder Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.