Bad
Good

Awful school my ED son had a horrible year of kindergarten the principal basically ignored us during the whole year when we ask about having a meeting and talk about my sons progress and by the end of the school year the school principal tell my I have to take my son for an evaluation with a privated doctor even tho they have the resources and the specialist to make and evaluation assessment on my son Isn't the law for our kids to have a free equal education no matter there disability or struggles . I wouldnt recommend this school to anyone specialy if u have an ED kid they just seem to push them away instead of help the kids that are real struggling

My son is a 1st grader at Gilder and I absolutely love this school. The teachers and staff are so nice and most of them know my son by name and not just as another kid. They have regular school activities that they do after school such as Math Literacy night where the kids and parents go to the school and have different stations set up for the kids to learn different ways to do math. The also have Science and healthy living night wich is the same concept. Here soon they will be having a picnic where they will grill out food and the kids have a ball. They have the most wonderful afterschool program as well. They learn so much at CLC. They do fun classes like, basket weaving, puppetry, pottery, and many more. However, first and formost is there acidemics. If they dont have homework done they cant play. I would recomend Gilder to ANYONE looking for a school in the North Bellevue.

I keep reading people who want their children to get a specific kindergarten teacher who I will not name.. but we had her and she was a nightmare. She is great if your child fits her curriculum but if a child has special needs watch out because she is very inflexable and old school and made my sons first year of school very very unhappy.

We have attended Gilder for six years. I was happy with the school up until the fourth grade. The Principal, Mrs Crumbley, is no longer there. She was great with the kids, but things have changed. If your child is a special needs kid, I would send him to a different school. Instead of working with the special kids, it seems the school is only too eager to push those kids to other schools now.

Last modified Gilder Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.