Bad
Good

I have been going to Morton for about a year and a half now. Honestly, it's the best school I have ever gone to. I have made really great friends. This school practices lock-downs and tornado drills every month to be on the safe side. I notice that the higher the classes you take the closer the kids tend to be and that is an amazing thing. Last year, I was bullied by a girl about this guy I liked, but my friends helped me from each stubble. The staff looks out for kids, and is caring. P.E. is awesome too. It isn't co-ed. The girls have a Just Dance unit as well as a swimming unit. I can't tell you what the boys have, because well, I'm not a boy. The sports teams at Morton are FUN! I did swim team this year and I have to say that I made many new friends and close bonds. There's an after school program called Panther Pack too. It is through the Boys and Girls club. They pay you every semester for your grades. Panther Pack allows you a chance to meet new people and make friends, you can also start your own club in Panther Pack. I could go on and on about Morton but I don't have enough characters to type with. So let's leave it at this, I am upset that this is my last year at Morton.

From my nearly two and a half years of going to Morton, I can tell you it is a great school. My dad and I have been talking about school mostly about his high-school (man, the day where I choose my own high-school is trucking closer and closer) and from what I have gathered Morton is a lot like Northwest. He spoke about Northwest students being like a family to each other, and I can definitely see that in some circles. And my mom has been worried about the behavior at Northwest, but I think Morton is in the same boat; just try to make sure you are in honors classes and you should be (for the most part) away from the less behaved students. However; I do agree that some teachers, (specifically one whom teaches a high-school level class) expects us to read our notes and won't explain anything to us even if it's still unclear to the student.

My daughter attended Morton for one year, and will not be returning. Most of the teachers are completely worthless. The school says they have tutors available at no charge as part of the Panther Pack after school program, but that was totally false. Bullying is a common occurrence here, and not only do the teachers turn a blind eye, but they participate as well. This school doesn't even deserve the one star rating I generously gave.

As a former student, don't expect much from this school. While some teachers cared for the students, others were disrespectful and unwilling to help. Bullying is an issue, though it's mostly gossip and snide remarks found in many middle schools. These can be very hurtful in that age group, however, and staff does nothing about it. Many students don't care about education and teachers rarely tried to spark any interest. The AVID program is the highlight of the school, and your best bet is to attempt to get your child into it.

I would not recommend Morton for your child. Bullying is excessive and hardly ever resolved. My child has been sexually harassed many times along with her friends. Some of the staff are willing to help with emotional problems but the education is not clearly taught especially in math. The math staff is not willing to understand that students have problems understanding and they tend to have problems making things clear. Fights occurred often and students there seem not to care about other students feelings. My child personal hates Morton and can not wait to get out of there. If you are looking a for a well put together school where your child would feel comfortable and appreciated by other students, Morton isn't it.

I would not send my child to this school. The bullying seems to be a big issue here. My son is in the 5th grade and we have been battling the bullying since the beginning of the year. Some of the teachers are extremely disrespectful to the students, which hinders learning.

My child is excelling at this school!! She was floundering at her former school barely able to keep up in the remedial classes. She found the teachers at Morton to be the key to her success! The teachers are open to her questions, and give extra explaination when she doesn't understand the material. Before coming to Morton, I couldn't pay her to read. My daughter's reading teacher engaged her and has challenged her and now I can't get her nose out of a book! Morton has wonderful programs such as AVID - which helps the children learn how to study and prepare for college. The after school program (Panther Pack) allows the students to get extra help with their homework, explore their interests (art, science and math) and the staff is interested in the children. During the Panther Pack science lessons the children have dissected a cow's eyeball, made goop and dissected a lamb's brain. This hand's on approach to science may not be your "cup of tea" but my daughter just loves it! She came home the night of the brain dissection and told me what a cellebrum is, what it does, where it is locate and what it looks like.

My daughter started the 7th grade here. She has been bullied several times, she complaints about the cafeteria food. Some teachers disrespect the students. Bottom line, not too happy with this school and I have enrolled my daughter into several school because we had moved a lot in the past. I dont recommend this school.

Morton has inhanced the school by changing to a Middle Magnet School, which now serves grades 5 to 8. I started my son at Morton in the 5th grade and now he is in the 7th grade. My son has had so many advantages by being at Morton, he has been Chess tournaments, math competions, over 20 field trips to enhance classroom learning. Morton partners with UNO and Creighton University so students can expericance medical, legal, and technology career fields. My son recieves tutoring for the ACT test after school. Morton has an after school program that runs daily from 2;45pm to 6:00pm daily with loads of clubs and activities. I very happy with Morton. I attend monthy family nights to have fun with other parents, meet my sons friends and Morton always provides dinner for us. Parent involvment is the key to the success of every student.

Morton is a fantastic school. There are high quality programs, the teachers are always trying to find new and better ways to teach, and for the students who work hard there is an opportunity to excel. Morton has all sorts of music, art, and sports programs to be a part of. There are also after school clubs like the chess club for students. The level of parent involvement is fantastic. The teachers and the parents both work together to help build up the students.

Last modified Morton Magnet Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.