9-12|Private
1,021 students

Bad
Good

I graduated from Prep in 1996 and will always look back on the experience as one of the best things in my life. After years in the Millard school system, the studies were challenging and while I never really felt like I fit in, the experience shaped me and prepared me for life better than I ever could have known at the time. The teachers are all in, and are working to bring out the best version of you possible, and to prepare students to be independent post HS. Regarding academics, college was a breeze after attending Prep. I wish every young person had an opportunity to attend a school like this as the world would be a much better place.

My son went to Prep for one semester. If your son is in the top 1/3 of his jr high class and a good athlete he will love this school. If your son is average and willing to do about 3 hours of homework a night he will do fine, too. But if your son is only average and not willing to do about 3 hours of study he will not do well. at Prep. Prep is a great school but if you are only an average student you better have a really good work ethic about studying or you are going to struggle. Prep is a great school but definitely not for everyone.

As a current student I feel great about Prep. If you have a son send him to Prep, it will be a life changing experience. At first I was skeptical but after the first week I understood that this is the place to be. Even if you aren't catholic the experience is phenomenal. A lot of rumors are spread about Prep like, "they're all snotty rich kids" or "they're not all straight", and my response to all of these is that it is a bunch of baloney. Prep has Excellent Teachers, Strong Leadership and the courses are challenging but the teachers will guide you through it. But the nice thing about the teachers is that they help you, but they help from a distance so you are independently dependent. (If that makes sense). The teachers provide lots of help, but they don't hold your hand through the process. So, in finally words, Prep is simply the best.

Simply put the best high school to prepare you son for college and a successful life. If you have a son please send him here. When your son enters as a freshman, you may feel tuition is expensive but by the time he graduates you will feel it was the best value of your life!! The freshman retreat is a life changer and really builds the brotherhood your son will have with fellow classmates & alumni for the rest of their life. The staff will really try to work through any issues you encounter including financial. Pax Christi

As a grad I support this school. When I was a student I did think the classes were very difficult and intense, and they are. This helped me get ready for college classes, it actually made a lot of the easier as I knew what to do. They also have a wonderful music program, 3rd in the country when I was there in 2004. Also tons of financial aid available to help families. The student body and be "tough" but that is the same with every other high school.

Prep is a great school! The classes are very challenging and the teachers really seem to care about their students. Only complaint is that their grading scale is a bit low compared to other area high schools.

This school taught me a lot about how to make it after high school...

As a freshman at Prep right now, I can say with absolute certainty that I will stay at Prep for all my high school years. A previous review said that there are two distinctive 'cliques' - those who play many sports, and those who are academically inclined. From my experience at Prep (including the notorious Freshman Retreat), I feel like I am accepted there for who I am. You really get a sense of brotherhood at this school that you wouldn't at others; it's a sort of bond with your classmates that you can't feel unless you experience it. The academics are well suited for any level with many varied AP and Honors degrees, and the teachers are interesting and effective. I actually look forward to going to school nowadays, a big change from last year.

As a student attending Prep, I have to say I have had a horrible time here. It's a very demanding academic venture, quite frankly, that is a little too much for the average student to take on (such as myself). I've put forth the effort but yet it doesn't ever seem to pay off. As far as the student body goes, they are not the type of people I would hang out around. At Prep, you either play lot's of sports, or you are very committed to your studies, and I am neither of those. On a final note, everyone I have talked to that is currently in college, says it's either much easier or less difficult than Prep was, which is kind of astounding. In my opinion, if you aren't planning on sending your child to a demanding college, then save your money and go public.

For most students however, this school is amazing, many incredible opportunities that I will never regret having. The art program is astounding, most of the teachers are amazing. Fun environment, lackluster theology if you are not catholic. Science department is a plus, Mr. Higgins for honors physics is one of the best times I've ever had in a science class.

Last modified Creighton Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12