Bad
Good

I believe Hitchcock Elementary is the best in the Omaha area. The teachers are amazing. They are engaged with students and ensure that every student gets an opportunity to learn. The administration is equally amazing and manages the school very well. Parents get great communication and issues are timely addressed. And, family support of the school is superb. Hitchcock truly is an amazing community. What a jem! We are so lucky to get to send our children there each day knowing they will be safe and have an opportunity to learn from the best! Thank you Mrs. Hartz and your great team of teachers and staff for making that happen.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Wow! The teachers are incredible. From the innovative ways they teach concepts to the caring concern they exhibit for their students. The teachers are the heart of Hitchcock!

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework keeps parents involved with what their child is learning. Bring work home at reaffirms the material and makes it relevant outside of the classroom.

My son went here for one year then I withdrew him. At first I was happy with the pre-k program until an incident occured that made me VERY UPSET. My son had a rough day one day and as punishment the faculty thought withholding snack from a 3 yr old was appropriate. I found this to be very wrong. It is wrong to withhold food from anyone let alone a 3 yr old child.

We moved from California, and my son has been at Hitchcock for three years. I cannot say enough about the dedicated staff and small class size. The art, music, and PE programs are also a fantastic complement to the strong core academic classes. Parent involvement is very high. As a Hitchcock alum myself, I am pleased that the school has gone from great to superlative since I attended. My hat is off!

My daughter has been attending hitchcock for 3 yrs and we love it all of the teachers and staff are very caring and with the low enrollment in the school the kids get more attention pe music and art program are great they always work some thing new in. the parent participation is unbelievable the school we came from was larger and we didn't know anyone , at this school it seems like everyone knows each other

Hitchcock has the most responsive and dedicated staff. Programs ensure academic success, but it's the dedication of the staff that sets it apart. Class sizes are small enough that all children get the attention they need. Programs are in place to challenge high ability learners as well as those who need more one on one time. Our media center is outstanding as is the specialist. 'Every child, every day' is exemplified here.

Last modified Hitchcock Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.