Hitchcock Elementary School 1

Posted September 21, 2012
My son went here for one year then I withdrew him. At first I was happy with the pre-k program until an incident occured that made me VERY UPSET. My son had a rough day one day and as punishment the faculty thought withholding snack from a 3 yr old was appropriate. I found this to be very wrong. It is wrong to withhold food from anyone let alone a 3 yr old child.

Posted September 18, 2008

Posted October 17, 2007
We moved from California, and my son has been at Hitchcock for three years. I cannot say enough about the dedicated staff and small class size. The art, music, and PE programs are also a fantastic complement to the strong core academic classes. Parent involvement is very high. As a Hitchcock alum myself, I am pleased that the school has gone from great to superlative since I attended. My hat is off!

Posted February 25, 2007
My daughter has been attending hitchcock for 3 yrs and we love it all of the teachers and staff are very caring and with the low enrollment in the school the kids get more attention pe music and art program are great they always work some thing new in. the parent participation is unbelievable the school we came from was larger and we didn't know anyone , at this school it seems like everyone knows each other

Posted February 23, 2007

Posted February 22, 2007
Hitchcock has the most responsive and dedicated staff. Programs ensure academic success, but it's the dedication of the staff that sets it apart. Class sizes are small enough that all children get the attention they need. Programs are in place to challenge high ability learners as well as those who need more one on one time. Our media center is outstanding as is the specialist. 'Every child, every day' is exemplified here.

Posted May 10, 2005
Hitchcock is a tremendous school. There are just over 200 kids there, and the smaller environment allows the staff to really know each student on a personal level. They won the National Blue Ribbon Award a few years ago, and in order to do that, the school must be top notch, from the principal to the custodians, and that they are. The quality of their academic programs is exceptional, all of the staff there is willing to go the extra mile to make learning an enjoyable experience. Hitchcock is also the audiology center for the district. There are many dedicated parent volunteers and a very strong PTO. I can't say enough good this about Hitchcock in this limited space, but I am tremendously blessed that both my kids will have the opportuntity to attend Hitchcock.

Hitchcock Elementary School
5809 South 104th St, Omaha, NE  68127
Last modified Hitchcock Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hitchcock Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top