Papillion, NE

Posted November 29, 2014
We are so happy we chose St. Columbkille for our children, starting in Kindergarten. Any negative reviews from years ago are certainly not accurate today! As a military family, we did a lot of research online before we moved to the area and we are so, so glad we made the decision we did. While the academics are certainly on par if not a little more rigorous than the excellent public schools in the area, St. C really outshines them when you factor in the wonderful family atmosphere and how the kids are also growing in their Christian/Catholic faith every single day. The teachers are just sensational and we love the principal and assistant principal. While there are many good schools in the area, St. Columbkille is among the best known and has a reputation for excellence.

Posted October 24, 2014
My children attend this school it has changed drastically throughout the years. One principle retired, a new principle came in. She died of cancer 2 years ago. She changed the school in a great deal for the better. We now have 2 new principles who are outstanding. They have revamped the school. It has become so much better over the years. My daughter is in 8th grade ( my worst year) and is having the time of her life !!

Posted August 26, 2013
My Child has been in this school for last 2 years and loves it, she is learning so much and looks fwd to going to school

Posted March 28, 2012
We have had children in this school for four years, and it is a great school. the new principal has greatly improved the quality of education and the accountability of the teachers. It is an excellent Catholic environment.

Posted May 18, 2011
The morale of the staff at this school is quite disappointing. Unfortunately this is reflected in the student population who seem discouraged in every aspect of their education here. There is a lot of bullying that goes on amongst the students. It appears that the staff spends more days at religous retreats that learning to deal with student relationships, special needs of students or improvements in the cirriculum. It seems the change in principal at this school has not been for the better. 13 staff members will not be returning here next fall.

Posted April 04, 2010
This school has terrible ways to discipline children! My child was in a dispute and was doing the absolutely same thing as the other child was and my child got a detention. The other child never got any consequence! In this specific dispute, as there are many other situations of poorly expressed discipline, were say 'Shut up' to each other.

Posted February 27, 2010
St. C absolutely rocks! My kids learn a lot, are expected to behave and LOVE the experience. The large class sizes are not a problem for kids who want to learn and there are always helpful adults looking out for my kids best interests.

Posted June 29, 2009
i went to this school and i loved it. they have awesome teachers. this is the best school in the world. and the pricipal is really good and you learn so much stuff. i definentley reccomend this school for your kids!

Posted June 19, 2009
I was a student at this school and it was a very bad experience. I could not recieve any help with my assignments and I was called into the guidance office multiple times for my 'problems'. The teachers there are not that good and I had a hard time learning. The class size was very large so I did not recieve much attention. The teachers are more focused on discipling the children than having them learn from their mistakes. The principle does not have the best interest of the students in mind. I would not reccomend this school.

St Columbkille School 3

Posted April 21, 2006
High number of children in a class makes it hard for teachers to provide the attention children need. One aide is shared between two classes of 30 children each. My child had a high amount of special needs kids (bad behavior-teacher spent more time discipling) in class therefore when my child needed help it was not available. We were constantly told to have our child ask for help when needed but when it came time to get help our child would complain the line was too long for help and gave up asking. Basically our child went this entire school year being told to do better even with a B or better average. Nothing ever seemed good enough and the feedback from the teacher almost always seemed negative and rarely positive. Since positive behavior was not reinforced individually and negative behavior got the attention. In the end negative behavior prevailed.

224 East 5th Street, Papillion, NE  68046