Bad
Good

Dayton Intermediate School 3

Posted August 20, 2013
Not super impressed, but school literally just started yesterday so I'm not going to write about the education as of yet, however, as a new parent and student to an intermediate school, this was very confusing. It would be good to have some sort of information packet that you can get right when you sign them up for school. I made sure I went and found out dates for when to register, and that day, the staff acted like she had no idea why she was busy. Ice cream social was a good opportunity to look around but there wasn't information to be had. Was told it was an official "meet the principal" night. We just moved here, we didn't know who he was. I just think the new student enrollment could be improved. I didn't even know what bus to send him on, or what supplies I needed to buy. I hope the experience gets better.

Dayton Intermediate School 3

Posted May 13, 2010
I think the school is ok. Don't get me wrong this school does have some great teachers, but some are terrible. There lunches are plane out gross. Please DIS provide us with better lunch.

Dayton Intermediate School

Posted August 31, 2009
i have a 6th grader girl and she like the school she has made more friends than ever but there is a problem about the homework she doesn't get any for a long time i wish the best to you all

Dayton Intermediate School 1

Posted October 13, 2008
I am a student attending DIS and is unsatisfide with the safty of that school. The staff there is no help what so ever do to helping students get their education and keeping students safe there. I am exchanging schools due to bullying, with the staff not do a thing to help solve my problem. Not a good school to go to unless you really are interested in sports and non-helping teachers.

Posted November 30, 2007
This school is too focused on sports. The principal and the counselor are of no help. I moved my daughter to another school and the staff there is great. The counselor at Dayton, however, did not help my daughter at all. I would recommend a different school if you ant your child to feel comfortable in school.

Posted May 15, 2007
I completely agree with the previous post. Education would be the last word I could use for this school. My 6th grader hasn't had homework in 3 months and absolutely hates the school. He's very bright and has tested in the top 1/2% in the state, but is given no choice of advanced classes. He is withering in the dead end basic classes. Science is only taught a few days a week, as it is often replaced by mandatory class counseling. Gifted & Talented program just started but has already ended 5 weeks into it. Violence is rampant, as is drug use. The staff turns a blind eye to it and hopes for the best. Very sports-oriented and does not stress academics at all.

Dayton Intermediate School 1

Posted December 04, 2006
Total lack of trust in the vice principal. Major flaws with the main principal. Studies here include little to no homework or challenge. Put your student in an advanced class, even if they are just average, to gain any type of education at this school. The front office staff was the most disrespectful lot I've ever come across in my life.

Dayton Intermediate School 4

Posted November 27, 2006
The academic programs are great! I believe the sixth graders need more extracurricular activities. Other than that the school is terrific!!

Dayton Intermediate School 4

Posted February 17, 2005
This school is a very good school. The school has been able to teach each and every student. The satff is very kind and friendly to all school and parents that come in to this school. The school has always enjoyed the b-ball games and all the support form the students parents during the games.

Posted February 17, 2005
sports they need to have more including football, soccer, and golf.

Dayton Intermediate School
315 Dayton Valley Rd, Dayton, NV  89403
Last modified Dayton Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.