Henderson, NV
Students enrolled: 1,353

Posted October 17, 2014
The Principal and staff at this school are absolutely amazing. I have been through numerous middle schools since moving into Clark County and none of them have come close in comparison to Thurman White. Communication with teacher and administration at this school is wide open. I love this school and both of my children that attend do to. I am so grateful!

Thurman White Middle School 1

Posted January 30, 2014
This school was a fantastic school once upon a time. Now I just can't wait until my kid can be done there. The administration is horrible, the bullying is out of control, and almost no one seems to care at all. The only redeeming quality this school has is that most of the teachers still seem to care, the problem is there is not much they can do when the powers that be don't care. Since Dr. Welsh left there has been a steep and steady decline at this school in every aspect, from academics to the brutality of the student body. I will move before I let another of my kids go through this school.

Thurman White Middle School 2

Posted January 18, 2012
The staff is not so friendly. If the student is late, the staff actually get angry as if it's their child. They should remain curtious regardless as to what is going on.

Posted January 09, 2012
I went to Thurman from 6-8 grade and I have now moved onto Green Valley. I will say that the kids who take Spanish now should be great full because not all middle schools can have this option. And yes this school does have great accelerated classes, I would know because I was in accelerated every year and now I have all honors classes in high school. Thurman has great PE teachers, music teachers, English teachers, Geography teachers, math teachers, and many great electives! The people who are hating on Thurman should realize that my class of 2015 have made the best CRT scores every year we were there! We didn't get those scores on our own, we had our amazing teachers!

Posted November 04, 2011
My daughter is currently a 7th grader at this school. She went to both Thorpe & Treem for K-5th and these three schools work well together. Every time it was time for her to move to the next school it has always been a smooth transition. Thurman White is an excellent school with a principal that has only been here a couple of years but has done amazing things for this school. He & his staff encourage a fun learning atmosphere with TONS of extracurricular activities. They also have many evening parent/child events. You never get the feeling that the staff is in a hurry for you to leave so that they can get home. Which after working so hard they have every right to want to :-) This school feels extremely safe and welcoming. The principal stands outside to greet the kids as soon and the school opens in the A.M. and again he is there, along with some teachers, in the afternoon to wish the kids a great evening. He always takes your phone call or returns it ASAP. His staff definitely pick up on his enthusiasm because both the teachers & office staff are the same way. Always available. There is afterschool homework/music/library help available everyday. WONDERFUL ENVIRONMENT!

Posted October 22, 2009
I go here I'm currently a 7th grader and I love it its so much fun. The teachers are so nice as well as the staff and they make sure you know what your doing! Also all the grades get along with eathother even the 6th and 8th grade I have some friends in 6th and 8th grade. I will try to manage to go here until I move on to high school!

Posted April 02, 2009
i love this school,its so clean,fun,and active i will manage/find a way to stay here

Thurman White Middle School 2

Posted January 04, 2009
My son is an A/B student at White Middle School. Unfortunately, I feel the principal at this school has distanced many great parents, students and teachers. Myself, and at least 8 other families, that I know of, can not wait until our kids are out of this school. This is not to say they still don't have some great teachers and office staff. Unfortunately, there is not a better selection for Spanish language class- Not recommended. PE teachers and music teachers are exceptional! Some good accelerated courses and teachers. The administration seems to focus on every little disciplinary issue and treats small issues just the like big issues that warrant suspension or similar. It is sad to see, there are great kids at this school who are not being given the opportunity to succeed.

Posted September 29, 2008
My daughter has had an uneven overall experience at this school. Academically, there are plenty of accelerated courses offered, and even a high-school math course taught to those who qualify. More languages need to be offered apart from being an elective option, but I know that's a district-wide issue. Unfortunately, the current principal has alienated others with her management style the past few years. She has been in conflict with many parents and teachers since her arrival, but this year (2008-09) seems to be doing a little more to reach out and listen to others. Good front office staff, lots of extracurricular options. There remains a large problem with fighting and cursing students, and the Henderson police are called almost daily, but that seems to be par for the course in local middle schools. If your child tries hard and communicates well with teachers, there's ample opportunity to do well here.

Posted June 24, 2008
this is an amazing school, i mean i have so many friends and the teachers are great. i cant wait for the next two years of to be a challenger

1661 Galleria Dr, Henderson, NV  89014
Last modified Thurman White Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thurman White Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top