Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Where there's a will there's a way. There are teachers there that hold down the fort, so to speak. Whom work tirelessly to give the children a quality education. Like Ms. Bennet as a teacher or Ms. Cummings as faculty.

Amount of homework: Agree

While my son struggles, I still believe they have to keep up to a standard instead of lose the opportunities for a better future.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

When you turn the other cheek, you allow the children to advertise their own ignorance. This seems to be their general motto is education, socializing, and values.

To be completely honest and fair, most teachers and staff are remarkable and compassionate. However, the racism is unreal within the students; the trolling on how a child chooses to dress (if it isn't name brand), and the some of the teachers/faculty's lack of faith in our children in general make me question why they chose their career. This campus is so diverse, but the extremities of low moral values takes it's toll on even the friendliest of children. Take the girl Hailee who committed suicide a few years back. Nothing has changed. I have wildly different children, but the consistent patterns in social behavior versus educational goals have not wavered in years. It's all about your threads and this repulsive sense of entitlement. How disappointing because this could really be such a great school. Good luck.

The Principal and staff at this school are absolutely amazing. I have been through numerous middle schools since moving into Clark County and none of them have come close in comparison to Thurman White. Communication with teacher and administration at this school is wide open. I love this school and both of my children that attend do to. I am so grateful!

This school was a fantastic school once upon a time. Now I just can't wait until my kid can be done there. The administration is horrible, the bullying is out of control, and almost no one seems to care at all. The only redeeming quality this school has is that most of the teachers still seem to care, the problem is there is not much they can do when the powers that be don't care. Since Dr. Welsh left there has been a steep and steady decline at this school in every aspect, from academics to the brutality of the student body. I will move before I let another of my kids go through this school.

The staff is not so friendly. If the student is late, the staff actually get angry as if it's their child. They should remain curtious regardless as to what is going on.

I went to Thurman from 6-8 grade and I have now moved onto Green Valley. I will say that the kids who take Spanish now should be great full because not all middle schools can have this option. And yes this school does have great accelerated classes, I would know because I was in accelerated every year and now I have all honors classes in high school. Thurman has great PE teachers, music teachers, English teachers, Geography teachers, math teachers, and many great electives! The people who are hating on Thurman should realize that my class of 2015 have made the best CRT scores every year we were there! We didn't get those scores on our own, we had our amazing teachers!

My daughter is currently a 7th grader at this school. She went to both Thorpe & Treem for K-5th and these three schools work well together. Every time it was time for her to move to the next school it has always been a smooth transition. Thurman White is an excellent school with a principal that has only been here a couple of years but has done amazing things for this school. He & his staff encourage a fun learning atmosphere with TONS of extracurricular activities. They also have many evening parent/child events. You never get the feeling that the staff is in a hurry for you to leave so that they can get home. Which after working so hard they have every right to want to :-) This school feels extremely safe and welcoming. The principal stands outside to greet the kids as soon and the school opens in the A.M. and again he is there, along with some teachers, in the afternoon to wish the kids a great evening. He always takes your phone call or returns it ASAP. His staff definitely pick up on his enthusiasm because both the teachers & office staff are the same way. Always available. There is afterschool homework/music/library help available everyday. WONDERFUL ENVIRONMENT!

I go here I'm currently a 7th grader and I love it its so much fun. The teachers are so nice as well as the staff and they make sure you know what your doing! Also all the grades get along with eathother even the 6th and 8th grade I have some friends in 6th and 8th grade. I will try to manage to go here until I move on to high school!

Last modified Thurman White Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.