Henderson, NV

Posted August 23, 2014
My daughter atteforwton for her kindergarten year and did very well.I was very impressed by her teacher Mrs.Lind she cares for students and it shows.the office staff is always polite and courteous.The principal Mrs.Gibson is doing a great job.My daughter is excited and looking forward to attending Newton for first grade.

Posted March 19, 2014
WORST SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!!! Both of my daughters were RPCed today. One for calling another girl names AFTER she was called names first and my younger one for laughing. The Vice Principal refused to talk to another student who witnessed the incident because she knows the girl that started it personally!!! This "school" is a joke!!! Send your kids anywhere but here!!!!!!!!!

Posted August 15, 2013
best school by far. The office staff is always helpful. I recommend this school to anyone who lives in Henderson

Posted July 17, 2013
I love Newton! I currently have 3 children at Newton and an older daughter that is just going into middle school after going from K- 5th grade at Newton. I am very involved at the school and have become familiar with the entire staff. The principal is wonderful and my kids have been lucky to have a great group of teachers. I think parental involvement is the key to any positive relationship with your childrens school. If you are new coming to Newton or a current family looking to get more involved, contact PTA! We are always looking for new voices and help with activities and family engagement. :0)

Posted July 16, 2013
2 kids both love the school , teachers are very involved in the education process. Parents are very involved in school.

Posted June 28, 2011
I have four children, 2 attended Newton K-5th. I would not recommend this school to anyone. The mentality of this school is similar to that of a military school. Students receive citations on a regular basis, especially for talking in the lunch room. Administrators are derogatory in their mannerisms. Posted in the hall are guidlines for expected behavior, included in one posting is 'lips zipped'. If you are looking for a loving, nurturing and fun learning enviroment for your young student, you will not find it here. Unfortunately, the few amazing teachers this campus is lucky to have on staff does not make up for the hostile administration.

Ulis Newton Elementary School 2

Posted August 19, 2009
If you have a bright child who doesn't cause trouble, don't expect too much from this school.

Posted March 25, 2009

Posted February 07, 2008
Newton Elementary is an awesome school. The teachers and staff take so much time with students I've been very impressed with the individual attention my child has gotten and not just in the classroon. The entire factilty takes time to know each student and takes an interest in the overall development of each child. When you enter the school it feel much more like a family and home then an institution. My daughter loves her school and so do I. I am very impressed on how I've seen my daughter grow since she has attended Newton.

Posted January 08, 2006
Only at Newton is your child treated as such, a child eager, willing and happy to learn, play and interact. I can't wait for my youngest of four daughters to attend newton next year, Kindergarten. I know she'll be treated just as wonderfully as her three older sisters, who are children with names, and encouraged to be the best they possibly can as Individuals not numbers. I'm so pleased with everyone at newton that I've reframed relocating out of state with the rest of my family just so my girls will get the best possible start to their education available anywhere

Ulis Newton Elementary School
571 Greenway Rd, Henderson, NV  89015
Last modified Ulis Newton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ulis Newton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top