Bad
Good

My twins got into the school as pre-school kids three years ago. At that time, they just move from China and could barely speak any English. The teachers and volunteers taught all the kids in pre-school almost one-to-one. My boys surprisingly improved their English skills so quickly that in grade one they became part of advance learning programs. I really appreciate the atmosphere that the school try to create in reading. Teachers use all kinds of ways to encourage students to read. My kids now at grade two and are leaving the school soon. The reading habits they have formed from Ulis Newton will come with them and benefit their whole lives. I am so grateful of this. Another thing I like about this school is that all teachers have tremendous patience to these young and active kids. They know how to balance the discipline and guidance. My suggestion to all parents is that, don't just look at the ratings but the school's educational philosophy. The right one can help your kids exceed your expectations. We will miss Ulis Newton's friends.

My daughter atteforwton for her kindergarten year and did very well.I was very impressed by her teacher Mrs.Lind she cares for students and it shows.the office staff is always polite and courteous.The principal Mrs.Gibson is doing a great job.My daughter is excited and looking forward to attending Newton for first grade.

WORST SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!!! Both of my daughters were RPCed today. One for calling another girl names AFTER she was called names first and my younger one for laughing. The Vice Principal refused to talk to another student who witnessed the incident because she knows the girl that started it personally!!! This "school" is a joke!!! Send your kids anywhere but here!!!!!!!!!

best school by far. The office staff is always helpful. I recommend this school to anyone who lives in Henderson

I love Newton! I currently have 3 children at Newton and an older daughter that is just going into middle school after going from K- 5th grade at Newton. I am very involved at the school and have become familiar with the entire staff. The principal is wonderful and my kids have been lucky to have a great group of teachers. I think parental involvement is the key to any positive relationship with your childrens school. If you are new coming to Newton or a current family looking to get more involved, contact PTA! We are always looking for new voices and help with activities and family engagement. :0)

2 kids both love the school , teachers are very involved in the education process. Parents are very involved in school.

I love this school. My daughter loves going to this school and loves her teracher Ms. Redford. The principal is a very nice lady who is always around.

I have four children, 2 attended Newton K-5th. I would not recommend this school to anyone. The mentality of this school is similar to that of a military school. Students receive citations on a regular basis, especially for talking in the lunch room. Administrators are derogatory in their mannerisms. Posted in the hall are guidlines for expected behavior, included in one posting is 'lips zipped'. If you are looking for a loving, nurturing and fun learning enviroment for your young student, you will not find it here. Unfortunately, the few amazing teachers this campus is lucky to have on staff does not make up for the hostile administration.

If you have a bright child who doesn't cause trouble, don't expect too much from this school.

Newton Elementary is an awesome school. The teachers and staff take so much time with students I've been very impressed with the individual attention my child has gotten and not just in the classroon. The entire factilty takes time to know each student and takes an interest in the overall development of each child. When you enter the school it feel much more like a family and home then an institution. My daughter loves her school and so do I. I am very impressed on how I've seen my daughter grow since she has attended Newton.

Last modified Ulis Newton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.