Barbara And Hank Greenspun Junior High School 2

Posted March 25, 2014
My daughter is a 7th grader at Greenspun and based on the two years she has been here, I can quite honestly say, I am very disappointed with the staff and teachers. My child struggles with Math and does well in her other classes but trying to get her teachers to respond to my emails or get help from them about anything is nearly impossible. I have sent emails, at one point scheduled a meetings just to get their attention and only 3 teachers out of 6 showed. No sorry, no apology, simply, "they couldn't make it." I have given up on Greenspun's teachers for any help or reach-out. I am now in the process of hiring a private company to help my child with her needs. Regardless of the matter, teachers should be communicating with parents and it should not be this difficult. They also do not have many options when it comes to extra circular activities. Very limited options, which also is a bummer! Other than the teachers being very unhelpful, my daughter loves it. Of course, a teen does not care about these issues. In fact, that makes them a cool teacher. The less they care, the cooler they are to the student. Pretty sad.

Posted August 04, 2013
Greenspun has a wonderful summer transition program for incoming 6th graders. Two of my three daughters have attended and the third is looking forward to attending this summer. It is a fun program that allowed my girls to start the junior high school experience happy and confident.

Barbara And Hank Greenspun Junior High School 4

Posted January 14, 2013
As a former student of this school, I will try my best to just state my opinion and not be biased. Anyway, after moving to Henderson from a different state, I can honestly say my sister and I got very lucky to go to this school. It has a positive, cheery environment that students love. The way it's set up makes it not confusing, and it's relatively easy to get used to this school, if you're new. And the music programs are spectacular! The caveat? The low test scores and poor teaching. It's considered an "easy" school with very little responsibility and work--your kid would love that, but as a parent who wants the best for your kid, you would not! It's okay for grade level kids, but for accelerated kids (like me), it's just not challenging enough for us and we fall behind. In the end, my sister and I moved to Miller, another CCSD school *sob.* The education and test scores there are outstanding; it's a great place for accelerated students who need an advanced, rigorous curriculum. But I prefer Greenspun because of its environment. Greenspun, you'll remain in my heart forever!

Posted August 13, 2012
i'm a 7th grader now and to me this school is a great school it is easy to get to each and ever class the campus is beatyful the teachers are nice some times. but besides that i thing with alittle improvment green spun can be a very good school

Barbara And Hank Greenspun Junior High School 1

Posted July 19, 2012
The administrators at this school are not very friendly at all!!! If your child comes home from school and says he or she has been picked on, YANK your child out right away!!!! My child was hit on, constantly picked on, and NOTHING was done about it!!!!! The Dean took the incident report that my child wrote complaining about the bullying incident, and THREW IT AWAY. The Principal and Ass't Principal backed her up, and I IMMEDIATELY took my child OUT OF THAT SCHOOL!!!!

Barbara And Hank Greenspun Junior High School 2

Posted September 04, 2011
If your student is an accelerated student DO NOT GO TO this school. There are only two courses "labeled" accelerated (name only) Math and English. They are NOT Accelerated!!! Principal says with the all inclusion of low and high students the low "aspire" to the higher level, not when the class is taught to the low level and at a snails pace. Go to Bob Miller or Del Webb those schools are actually teaching..... Beware...... two area math tutors currently tutoring HS Freshmen and Sophmores that attended Greenspun. Students were in "accelerated" and Honors math. They were not prepared at all.................................

Barbara And Hank Greenspun Junior High School 0

Posted May 03, 2010
Our family is highly appreciative that due to Greenspuns (mommy&daddy) oversight has brought attention to our child's drug use problem. How did this get past Mommy & Daddy!..thank you our child is in recovery.

Posted April 02, 2010

Posted January 30, 2010

Barbara And Hank Greenspun Junior High School 4

Posted December 21, 2009
We have been very impressed with Greenspun, especially after a couple of years navigating some of the other junior highs in the area. The staff bent over backwards to help me daughter straighten out some scheduling snafus, and most of the teachers I have met seem both personable and competent. I don't know that the curriculum here is any better than anywhere else in the district, but so little of that is controlled at the school level, I can only appreciate that they do their best to teach with what they're given in time and resources.

Barbara And Hank Greenspun Junior High School
140 North Valley Verde Dr, Henderson, NV  89074
Last modified Barbara And Hank Greenspun Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barbara And Hank Greenspun Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top