Bad
Good

My son is in 1st grade and I cannot be happier with this school. The teachers are all so caring and adminstration is wonderful. They have always been there to listen to me. We love this school!!!

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

While I cannot personally speak to this, I imagine that the school caters to all students and supports them.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal at the school is a visionary who has really grown the magnet program from concept to inception. We are very grateful for her leadership!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school encourages students to "Be Kind" and my child talks about this often. School rules are communicated as well.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

There is great communication and my child comes home and shares what she has done in class each day. My child is excited to go to school each day!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My child gets a homework packet each week and also has online learning apps that she looks forward to engaging in after school. The school also offers homework tutoring on Tues and Thurs which allows students to stay after school to complete their assignments.

We are new to the school and completely impressed with the administration who welcomed us and made sure all was going well. We also love our first grade teacher Mrs. Akes who has made learning something my daughter enjoys. The STEAM program is quite unique and one that I am excited for my child to participate in as she grows with the school.

This school is not a place to send your children. Their focus is on end of the month head count, not education. You have to sign a contract that requires you to keep your kids in the school for the year. They implemented the contract because of the high turnover rate of kids moving back in to the public school system. Most of their staff left the first year they opened. Their curriculum is sub par. They put on a good show from the outside. If you dive in and investigate further you will start to see cracks. Their focus is head count, which equals bigger salaries for people like Gia Moore, their director.

I was not very impressed with this school sadly. My child's preschool teachers were not very pleasant, and did not treat the children equally. walking through the halls I would witness teachers being extremely ride to their students. I feel that it is the teacher's job to make the students feel safe and comfortable. I can say that any time I had to drop something off at the office, the staff there were wonderful! All in all, this school could definitely make improvements within the staff!

My child is in kindergarten and McCaw. This school gets worked up over every little thing.

Last modified Gordon Mccaw Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.