Gordon Mccaw Elementary School 3

Posted May 29, 2014
I was not very impressed with this school sadly. My child's preschool teachers were not very pleasant, and did not treat the children equally. walking through the halls I would witness teachers being extremely ride to their students. I feel that it is the teacher's job to make the students feel safe and comfortable. I can say that any time I had to drop something off at the office, the staff there were wonderful! All in all, this school could definitely make improvements within the staff!

Posted June 10, 2011
Great school, great principal, awesome teachers and staff!!!! If my children had not gotten accepted in a magnet school this would be my kids and I school of choice.

Posted May 22, 2011
McCaw ES has wonderful teachers and staff and it's a shame they have such a poor principal who really doesn't care about the true well being of the students, teachers or staff. She is more worried about 'how she looks' and 'what makes her look good' as a principal. With the moral so low with the staff, the teachers still focus on doing their job and making education a priority with their students. The PTA is great too and works hard to get more parents involved with the school. The best thing that could happen is for the principal to be reassigned and for the school district to bring in a principal who will genuinely put the students and teachers first.

Posted May 21, 2011
When I 1st moved to the area back in '07, and this school did what the previous school didn't: they saw the true potential in my son, something I had been "Arguing" with Hummel for 2 yrs, this school didn't see a need or a reason to keep him in the special needs class. Once being in a 1st grade class with kids more like himself, he went up 2 reading levels! This school truly cares about the students. With every grade since, I have been able to volunteer weekly & each teacher has not only more than welcomed the help, but you also get a lot of "inside scoop" what's going on in the class. I wish more parents would volunteer like this so that it's more than just an institution. I enjoy the fact that everyone is friendly, principle is approachable, the festivities that are offered, different events like Kite Day or Field Day, Fairy Tale Ball....It's elementary school and the school hasn't forgotten that, the kids attending are young, so things can't be all "stuffy." My son is almost done with 4th & I like the school enough that even during this economy (losing a house & unable to find work for 3 yrs), I did everything I could to keep him there.

Posted August 18, 2010
I love Jackie and all her staff here at Gordon McCaw. My children and I have recently bought a home in this area just so that my boys would attend this school all through out their elementary years. We feel right at home here and look forward to the following years to come, as long as Mrs. Walker is here with us.

Gordon Mccaw Elementary School 1

Posted March 27, 2010
school gets worked up about little things. they take little things way too seriously.

Posted October 03, 2009
We have the best teachers and students in the county! We are the oldest and greatest of the elementary schools in Henderson, NV.

Gordon Mccaw Elementary School 0

Posted August 23, 2009
I strongly disagree with this statement!! Wewere new to the school and Mrs walker and mrs Stumbaugh did everything to make my children feel welcome and worked hard to meet all the standards we had set from our previous school! Good job Mrs walker and staff way to go!

Gordon Mccaw Elementary School 1

Posted May 23, 2009
this school needs a lot of work, both in the class rooms and with the staff. i have found Mrs. walker to be very unsatisfactory, and to worried with getting ahead in her job to care about the parents and students cares or problems.

Posted May 02, 2009
My two children attend this school and love it. There is a real sense of care and community here from teachers and staff.

Gordon Mccaw Elementary School
330 Tin St, Henderson, NV  89015
Last modified Gordon Mccaw Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gordon Mccaw Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top