9-12 & Ungraded
Henderson, NV
Students enrolled: 3,047

Posted March 22, 2015
Let's start at the top. The principle is a joke. He is more interested in an away football game then a NHS induction ceremony held at his own school. The vice principle is over the education and does not really care what her teachers are doing. The counselors do not want to be bothered by the students and definitely not by the parents. They all believe their school is the best, within their communications. The math department is horrible, they will not work with the students and the counseling department and the vice principle and the Principle (who is more interested in sports than education) believe these teachers are the best, give me a break. Now to the sports, if you have plenty of gift cards and money your kid will play any sport, it does not mean they have talent, but if you gift or are Mormon you will make the teams at The mighty Coronado. If you want to have frustration this is your school.

Posted March 04, 2015
I do not recommend Coronado to anybody. This school is terrible and one of the worst decisions I have made in my life to come here. They are unfair in the athletics and give special treatment to coaches kids. I won't go in detail but it's terrible. They come up with any excuse to make. If you're thinking about coming to Coronado... DONT.

Posted February 05, 2015
I have never been more frustrated with a school department as I am right now with Coronado's Math Department. I hate playing the race card and I would like to hope that in this day and age I wouldn't have to but NO ONE wants to help my African American daughter succeed in the Math program! She goes to tutoring, I see her studying the whole nine yards the teacher does not seem to care about her efforts or her struggles. I took it a step further and spoke to her counselor she was completely uncaring and unwilling to point me in the right direction to help my child! No wonder the education system in Nevada is scored so poorly...The teachers and Administrators DONT CARE! Coronado is supposed to be one of the best schools in Nevada - Is this a joke? Please get some caring knowledgeable, educated teachers and administrators in place to help our children succeed! They are our future after all!

Posted January 20, 2015
Sports are based on if you are a Mormon and how much money you give coaches in "gifts". Academics are based the same along with giving into ethnic threats to gain wanted needs. Math department is the worse that I have seen and dealt with anywhere. They would rather see failing than passing no extra effort on the teachers side. The counselors have NO regard for students unless connected in the inner circle. If you are willing to have a frustrated student and settle for many disappointments this school will help you meet those goals.

Coronado High School 4

Posted October 27, 2014
Even though Coronado competes with magnet schools and private schools in the number of National Merit Semifinalists each year, our football team gets more publicity than the 5-10 students who have just scored in the top 1% of all high school students. Zero mention of their names. Newest principle has mentioned he doesn't want other kids to feel inferior.
4 people found this helpful

Posted August 27, 2014
I've always heard great things about Coronado. Before transferring I heard they were number one in the valley. Coronado supposedly had great teachers, a lot of school spirit, awesome programs, and barely any student conflict. When the school year started I quickly realized how inaccurate everyone was. This school has way too many students, therefore the teaching isn't the best nor the programs. I also quickly realized how arrogant the teachers and the students are. Majority of the people at this school are not welcoming at all and act like they're superior to everyone else. This school does have a ton of school spirit, but that's about it. The school overall is a pretty average school in everything else, even though everyone at Coronado is convinced they're the best. Personally, I recommend sending your child to attend a school in the Summerlin area. Bishop Gorman Roman Catholic School, Faith Lutheran Christian School or either Palo Verde would be better a choice in my opinion. The area is just as nice and I personally think the people at these Summerlin schools are way more likable/nicer than the staff/students at Coronado.

Posted August 23, 2014
The counseling is mediocre, and the teaching is not so good either, due to the large number of students.

Coronado High School 5

Posted August 02, 2014
This is the Best public High School in the Henderson area. You will be glad and happy you did right choice sending your kids to this school. Those who give low rating are still sending their kids to this school. So use your judgement and make a wise decision sending your loved one to this awesome school.
5 people found this helpful

Posted June 28, 2014
High school with the highest drug use in the Las Vegas valley....reading the other reviews I was shocked that this wasn't mentioned. Then I noticed that the school reviews the posts....Get honest Coronado, let parents know what they're about to encounter.
5 people found this helpful

Posted May 10, 2014
My son attended Coronado beginning his sophmore yr. I read lots of wonderful reviews about this school, the staff &students. My son worked hard to be on the honor roll. During the beginning of his junior year, he was placed in the wrong classes. I thought the counselors & teachers new best but, he had AP classes instead of honor classes, senior government class, math and science classes that required prerequisites that he had not taken. The 1st two weeks were no problem. After the 3rd week, I noticed a dropped in grades, more importantly a drop in attitude. He was always a happy go lucky individual, but then I noticed a child who carried the weight of the world on his shoulder. When I called at the beginning of the 4th week, the VP told me he wouldn't change his classes & would change them in January. "If he fails, oh well. I can't do anything about it." I have met more parents who have pulled their children out of this school than any other in the valley. I would never recommend this school. My son ended up losing his scholarships and graduating a semester late because of the incompetence of several individuals. Ask around. Is this what you want for your child?

Coronado High School
1001 Coronado Center Dr, Henderson, NV  89052
Last modified Coronado High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coronado High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top