9-12 & Ungraded
Henderson, NV
Students enrolled: 3,047

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 21, 2015
The teachers are very biased, pick favorite students, don't care about individual student, and ignore bullying

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 21, 2015
During my freshman year, I had an average of about two and a half hours every night.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted August 21, 2015
The teachers don't like individual help, leading to students getting lost during class time and flunking the class.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted August 21, 2015
The anti-bullying program is very weak and nobody pays attention during the presentations. Bullying is present everyday at Coronado and the teachers just ignore it.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted August 21, 2015
Once again, most of the teachers don't care about individual students in this overcrowded school

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted August 21, 2015
The deans and counselours are alright but most of the teachers don't care about their students at all

Posted May 15, 2015
I went to Coronado for about 2 months before I left. The first day I walk into my 6 classes every teacher said who are you and what do you want. The teachers are beyond rude and they aren't good ate teacher either. My math teacher did not teach the way she was suppose to be teaching the students. She didn't even ask the students if they needed help or didn't get anything. I got a deans referral from my bio teacher because I walked out of class. And the reason why I walked out was because I asked to go to the bathroom and she said no repeatedly and i said its a emergency and she still said no. In my defense, it's in my right to go to the bathroom when it's a emergency. Off to the side, the students there are so rude everyone acts like their better then everyone else. This school does not deserve a 9 star rating.

Posted March 04, 2015
I do not recommend Coronado to anybody. This school is terrible and one of the worst decisions I have made in my life to come here. They are unfair in the athletics and give special treatment to coaches kids. I won't go in detail but it's terrible. They come up with any excuse to make. If you're thinking about coming to Coronado... DONT.

Coronado High School 2

Posted February 05, 2015
I have never been more frustrated with a school department as I am right now with Coronado's Math Department. I hate playing the race card and I would like to hope that in this day and age I wouldn't have to but NO ONE wants to help my African American daughter succeed in the Math program! She goes to tutoring, I see her studying the whole nine yards the teacher does not seem to care about her efforts or her struggles. I took it a step further and spoke to her counselor she was completely uncaring and unwilling to point me in the right direction to help my child! No wonder the education system in Nevada is scored so poorly...The teachers and Administrators DONT CARE! Coronado is supposed to be one of the best schools in Nevada - Is this a joke? Please get some caring knowledgeable, educated teachers and administrators in place to help our children succeed! They are our future after all!

Posted January 20, 2015
Sports are based on if you are a Mormon and how much money you give coaches in "gifts". Academics are based the same along with giving into ethnic threats to gain wanted needs. Math department is the worse that I have seen and dealt with anywhere. They would rather see failing than passing no extra effort on the teachers side. The counselors have NO regard for students unless connected in the inner circle. If you are willing to have a frustrated student and settle for many disappointments this school will help you meet those goals.

1001 Coronado Center Dr, Henderson, NV  89052
Last modified Coronado High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coronado High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top