9-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Develops character: Disagree

Definitely not. Most of the students cheated. I would also witness bullying and other acts of disconnection from the learning environment.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There is a mixture of good teachers and ineffective careless teachers. The English and Math departments seem to have the largest percentage of ineffective teachers I have come across. The biggest issue is the teachers keeping their students grades updated in Parentlink and I can't count how many times I have had to contact a teacher about misplacing an assignment that was turned in, so much disorganization!

If you want your kids to attend a high school that is rampant with several groups of wanna-be gang banger thugs who thrive on starting confrontations, carry weapons (guns) outside of school, jump people, rob people, deal drugs & threaten people inside and outside of campus and at football games, (going by names such as Porkchop, TayTay, Jaybird), that school admin is completely aware of and flat out ignores, then this is the school for your kids! (Side note: Heroine and other drugs are a scourge among the other group of students from wealthy families.) The administration does absolutely nothing about these groups or this issue but turn a blind eye as they and their "monitors" sit and watch by the sidelines while these groups of thugs blatantly bully students in the lunch room, hallways and common areas. Apparently instigating fights on campus, spitting on fellow students and stepping up on them and pulling the "race card" as an excuse for their thug behavior and bullying students is perfectly acceptable and allowed. The ONLY time that school admin steps in is after the fact when fists have been thrown! Forget the admin being proactive and stepping in when they see this about to happen and preventing it in the first place by following the school districts Policy 5137. I have never been so disgusted with a school and its administration in my life!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No, they do not enforce or follow the school districts anti bullying policies and ignore complaints from parents and students.

Great School. Teachers involved with students they keep you up to date on grades and performance. Band, Choir, Sports win awards every year. One of the best Public High Schools in Nevada.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are very biased, pick favorite students, don't care about individual student, and ignore bullying

Amount of homework: Disagree

During my freshman year, I had an average of about two and a half hours every night.

Develops character: Disagree

The deans and counselours are alright but most of the teachers don't care about their students at all

I went to Coronado for about 2 months before I left. The first day I walk into my 6 classes every teacher said who are you and what do you want. The teachers are beyond rude and they aren't good ate teacher either. My math teacher did not teach the way she was suppose to be teaching the students. She didn't even ask the students if they needed help or didn't get anything. I got a deans referral from my bio teacher because I walked out of class. And the reason why I walked out was because I asked to go to the bathroom and she said no repeatedly and i said its a emergency and she still said no. In my defense, it's in my right to go to the bathroom when it's a emergency. Off to the side, the students there are so rude everyone acts like their better then everyone else. This school does not deserve a 9 star rating.

I do not recommend Coronado to anybody. This school is terrible and one of the worst decisions I have made in my life to come here. They are unfair in the athletics and give special treatment to coaches kids. I won't go in detail but it's terrible. They come up with any excuse to make. If you're thinking about coming to Coronado... DONT.

Last modified Coronado High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.