9-12 & Ungraded
Henderson, NV
Students enrolled: 3,047

Coronado High School 4

Posted October 27, 2014
Even though Coronado competes with magnet schools and private schools in the number of National Merit Semifinalists each year, our football team gets more publicity than the 5-10 students who have just scored in the top 1% of all high school students. Zero mention of their names. Newest principle has mentioned he doesn't want other kids to feel inferior.
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 27, 2014
I've always heard great things about Coronado. Before transferring I heard they were number one in the valley. Coronado supposedly had great teachers, a lot of school spirit, awesome programs, and barely any student conflict. When the school year started I quickly realized how inaccurate everyone was. This school has way too many students, therefore the teaching isn't the best nor the programs. I also quickly realized how arrogant the teachers and the students are. Majority of the people at this school are not welcoming at all and act like they're superior to everyone else. This school does have a ton of school spirit, but that's about it. The school overall is a pretty average school in everything else, even though everyone at Coronado is convinced they're the best. Personally, I recommend sending your child to attend a school in the Summerlin area. Bishop Gorman Roman Catholic School, Faith Lutheran Christian School or either Palo Verde would be better a choice in my opinion. The area is just as nice and I personally think the people at these Summerlin schools are way more likable/nicer than the staff/students at Coronado.

Posted August 23, 2014
The counseling is mediocre, and the teaching is not so good either, due to the large number of students.

Posted August 02, 2014
This is the Best public High School in the Henderson area. You will be glad and happy you did right choice sending your kids to this school. Those who give low rating are still sending their kids to this school. So use your judgement and make a wise decision sending your loved one to this awesome school.

Posted June 28, 2014
High school with the highest drug use in the Las Vegas valley....reading the other reviews I was shocked that this wasn't mentioned. Then I noticed that the school reviews the posts....Get honest Coronado, let parents know what they're about to encounter.

Coronado High School 1

Posted May 10, 2014
My son attended Coronado beginning his sophmore yr. I read lots of wonderful reviews about this school, the staff &students. My son worked hard to be on the honor roll. During the beginning of his junior year, he was placed in the wrong classes. I thought the counselors & teachers new best but, he had AP classes instead of honor classes, senior government class, math and science classes that required prerequisites that he had not taken. The 1st two weeks were no problem. After the 3rd week, I noticed a dropped in grades, more importantly a drop in attitude. He was always a happy go lucky individual, but then I noticed a child who carried the weight of the world on his shoulder. When I called at the beginning of the 4th week, the VP told me he wouldn't change his classes & would change them in January. "If he fails, oh well. I can't do anything about it." I have met more parents who have pulled their children out of this school than any other in the valley. I would never recommend this school. My son ended up losing his scholarships and graduating a semester late because of the incompetence of several individuals. Ask around. Is this what you want for your child?

Posted August 02, 2013
I graduated from this high school in 2009. Several of my friends have siblings currently attending. It seems to have remained about the same as when I went there. It is considered a top school in the Las Vegas valley. It's got a good variety of after school activities, sports, spirit days, and academics. Students were very nice to everyone. Very few bullies. I can think of two fights in four years. One involved a flip flop flying across the courtyard. The other a bit nastier, but nothing crazy. Doors that were supposed to be locked, always were. Very safe school. Lots of AP courses, no IB. Academics were generally pretty strong at Coronado. I can think of quite a few people who went to schools such as NYU, Brown, Northwestern, Yale, and UC Berkeley. But it's also really easy to slip through Coronado in basic classes. This is a rich school, but everyone was really chill about it. Some activities have a few Cali/Arizona trips. About $1000/year for 6 or 7 trips? I think some sports got it for free. Band & Colorguard didn't. Debate didn't. Oh... the football team was terrible... I'm pretty sure it is still terrible. Overall a very, very good school.

Coronado High School 3

Posted June 11, 2013
I have a Freshman daughter that attended Coronado High school, I was disappointed with the inability or possibilities for parent involvement.

Coronado High School 3

Posted June 09, 2013
I honestly cannot give this school more than 3 stars because I have no idea what goes on at this school. Since moving to Nevada I have never felt connected to either Bob Miller or Coronado High School. That doesn't mean they aren't good schools just that there isn't much opportunity for parent involvement and there aren't any parent conferences unless you have a problem child. I just felt like I was the one who always had to send emails to my daughters teachers because they made very little effort to get to know her or me. I felt like she was just a number; a face lost in the overcrowded school.

Posted May 01, 2013
Coronado is the best school ever! I can't imagine going somewhere else, oh wait... I moved.

Coronado High School
1001 Coronado Center Dr, Henderson, NV  89052
Last modified Coronado High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coronado High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top