Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)

School is in an affluent area, but hosts a blend of people. Some teachers genuinely care about there kids and others just try to get through the day. Del Webb's campus officers do very little in enforcement of rules which isn't necessarily a bad thing as most rules are trivial. The principals and administrative staff often show a lack of genuine interest or care for there students except for the counsellors. Overall, a quality school but not without its flaws.

I would agree with the previous post. We have moved around, and got here in August. My son is in eighth grade. He has always been a B student. His science and math teacher are horrible. There is no textbook or workbook pages for science! I have also dealt with an apathetic guidance counselor. After trying to help him with science and math, I am at a loss. They are being taught so poorly I understand why he isn't learning.

My student's experience at Del E. Webb Middle School involved a middle school counselor who didn't feel inclined to help and teachers who would selectively enforce policies. Before going to Del Webb, my student was a straight "A" student, consistently on the academic honor role roster, and was a optimistic about school. He maintained this high standard in academics from first grade into fifth grade. Then, within one quarter of attending Del E. Webb, my student was getting Ds and Fs. When we, his parents, tried to work with his counselor and teachers, we felt they were more interested in basically complaining about how there is a 1:107 teacher-to-student ratio at the school, basically implying that they are too over burdened to care for one student - my student.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Within one quarter this school turned my straight A student to a failing student (grades of D and F). And they offered little to no support or help each time both my student and I reached out to the counselor and teachers for assistance.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Although some teachers are fantastic (Essy, Fragosos), some teachers are just overall inconclusive and shaky (Lyons, Flynn).

The banker at this school is very cold and acts super put out!! BOO:( The office staff and most of the teachers are great :)

I am very pleased with this school. My son is in advanced classes and I have to say that the level of education he is receiving is excellent, especially as Nevada is ranked very low overall nationally and I was very concerned prior to my arrival in Henderson. Your child will get out of the school what they put in to it. If they don't want to work and you prefer to blame everyone else if your child does not do well then you will not be happy but if your kid is willing to listen, do their assignments and behave then you will have a great experience. The music program is extraordinary and there are also many clubs such as computer, chess, ICU, etc. All my conversations with the teachers, the Dean and counselors have been great. Believe me, you don't become an educator for the money so trust that they are there to help, not hinder.

the deand scare me and are strict, they have intresest if you pass the next grade,to much bullying, they make learning difficult, and the "leadership" means popular kids get to pick and be rude to other kids

This is an amazing school. The course you can take academically are outstanding and the teachers help you every step of the way.

My son started DWMS this year (8th grade). I for one have to say my experience was extremely satisfying from the Registration Office, Dean, Principal Assistant and Principal ...they were nothing but pleasant and showed a real concern for education. Most of all an immediate response to my concerns. Dealing with another school before and this one now the experience with staff members and teachers is a 360

Last modified Del E Webb Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.