PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My child was bullied for the entire 3 weeks he was there and has been kicked out because they didn't like how he responded to the bully, yet the dangerous bully who assaulted my child and degraded him for the past 3 weeks remains at the school and has received no punishment, because his mommy works there. Disgusting display of favoritism.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The leadership at this school lets cruel and un-christian like behavior go unpunished, unless you have been with them for a long time.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

IF this school knew how to developed students with good character, integrity, compassion, and respect they wouldn't have students that have been with them for so long that bully, degrade, and physically assault other children, and they most certainly wouldn't let that behavior go unpunished but they do and thats why those particular kids think they can continue to display such EVIL un-christian like behavior.

This school gets one star because of how kind and loving my child's two main teachers were, other than that my child's experience at this school was horrible. My child was at this school for about 3 weeks and was picked on and bullied the entire time mainly by the schools golden child, I call him this because he can do no wrong even though he has picked on my child and put his hands on my child he has received no punishment and that is because his mother works at the school and has been with the school for so long, aside from their golden child a few other students were picking on my child also. I took my child out of the public school setting and put him at this school thinking that kids & staff would be kind and carry their self is a christian manner, now don't be fooled the kids and golden child that are cruel will put on a act and smile in front of adults but when they are just with their peers (lunch & recess) their true colors will show. On top of having bullies that receive no punishment for their unkind ways this school is very short with children they do not favor, this was my sons 1st year at this school and was only their for 3 weeks and his 1st time being in trouble, a conflict he had with the golden child that the golden child started, my child was suspended for 3 days when my child came back we were told that he would not be able to attend the school any longer, this is something they should have told us the day they suspended him, but instead wasted are time. Now when my child does something wrong he is put on punishment and I explain to him what he did wrong regardless of what may have started the whole conflict and what he can do in the future to avoid displaying the same behavior, now you would think with this being a christian school they would conduct their self as christians, last time I checked forgiveness and 2nd chances were apart of being a christian that was not granted to my child as if they are above God and don't even grant forgiveness or 2nd chances, mind you the golden child that pushed my child as he walked by and told him to get out of his way received no punishment and even took it one step forward and acted as if that never happened. In the end we have found a MUCH better and LOVING school, I'm digested with this school and how they deal with the children who are not their favorites and suggest that you look elsewhere .

I love this school! The teachers, principal, and staff are amazing. On any given day you can expect to see teachers, parents, students, and office staff praying together and encouraging each other. Both of my children are well-loved and are learning at an advanced level. I love that I can take them to school and not worry about them!

My children have gone here since preschool. The staff and teachers have always been extremely caring and involved with the kids and their success. I have connected with all of the junior high teachers who are sharp and even inspirational. Encouraging the kids to thrive even at the difficult age of junior high! I am so happy with the curriculum and the growth of my kids here.

It's the best school I've ever seen with Love and Logic as the teaching foundation, great programs that evolve with our time, dedicated teachers and staff members, an affordable price that is worth investing in your kids and so many side events that make it a five star experience overall.

Amount of homework: Agree

It tends to be more reading than any paper homework but overall, I am impressed on how well my daughter is reading.

My experience for my daughter has been exceptional. She started in the pre-k program at the preschool and Ms.kristen was an amazing teacher. She is now finishing her kindergarten year. She is reading, solving simple math problems, telling time, and most of all, she is enjoying school. She has memorized bible verses every week, attended weekly chapel meetings, and extra classes such as Spanish and computers. I've been involved with helping with their version of a PTA and they have put on wonderful events for families, students and teachers. I know my daughter is in a safe and loving environment that teaches Christian character and morals. I would definitely recommend this school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Teachers use Love and Logic and keep the students accountable. They also teach Bible, and the lessons guide them into Christian principles for always saying the truth, developing Christian character and Christian diligence, and please God with our actions.

Last modified International Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8