International Christian Academy 1

Posted June 06, 2015
This school is horrible. The teachers pick out students to pick on and fail. Then, they ask them to repeat a year. If you switch schools when they ask this, those students normally get straight A honor roll. Some of the teachers tell the parents and students they would never get into a larger private school, which is false. They almost always do. The school recently dropped most of the only good teachers. They are a horrible school. Keep your family and friends away from this school!

Posted May 12, 2015
I am a new staff member this year, and what I have seen so far is not only a diverse community of staff but also that our staff is invested into the future of our students. The Teachers are empowered and can reach the students effectively in each unique learning curve students may have. Parents here are involved and want to know how they can help at home or even volunteer, this helps the overall experience for all students. Lastly, I have observed that each teacher is very talented and are able to work within their strengths and engage with their students in ways that I haven't seen in Public Schools in our Metro Area. I recommend this school if you are in the market for a Private school or looking for a new/improved educational program for your child(ren). Simply call our main line and work with our admin team to find what works best for you. Thank you for reading this reviewing and researching on behalf of our future generation of children. They are the future.

International Christian Academy 2

Posted April 25, 2015
The preschool and elementary school is great. Middle school is a whole different world. Get your child out before 6th grade and you will be happy. Stay away from ICLV lock ins for middle school students. No supervision and a lot of kids sneaking around for promiscuous activity. The principal is quite self righteous and only uses Christian morality when he chooses. There is too much favoritism too. I wish I would have know because it was like 2 completely different schools. Again, preschool was amazing. Elementary school teachers were great. Middle school....a hot mess!!!

Posted March 11, 2015
My childless have had and amazing education so far at Ica. The parents and families are wonderful but the teachers are outstanding! Middle Is having a great revamp and there are so amazing teacher who are joining the program. Mrs Haines is wonderful! The athletic director is changing the face of the athletic department as well. My children are being developed into leaders of the community.

International Christian Academy 3

Posted March 06, 2015
ICA has an amazing elementary school. Most of the elementary school teachers are nice and willing to work with the students. The middle school is rather different. The middle school doesn't have a lunch room and the students eat outside. The lockers are in a restroom that is almost always dirty. Homework is extremely hard and confusing compared to other schools. There are only two Curtis members on campus, and anyone could leave or walk onto campus without question. The elementary school is much better than the middle school there. You should send your students there until middle school, and then pull them out.

International Christian Academy 4

Posted January 22, 2015
ICA is a school focused on not only developing children in academic excellence, but in character, leadership and influence. The teachers at ICA are invested in the growth of the students in every aspect of life. Also, as a Christian, I appreciate the opportunity my children have to learn who God is. The weekly Chapel time is full of fresh messages, fun songs and a chance for the students to apply what they are learning.

Posted December 31, 2014
I am a student at this school and let me tell you it is amazing. The elementary part of the school is great. They even treat the 6th grade as middle schoolers. I write here not on behalf of elementary, but of middle school. The teachers are great, but one teacher is never treated how we should treat her. I bet half of the students wrote a bad review based on her. That teacher is great. We may be middle schoolers, but she teaches us on a higher level. I am in 7th grade and the math at the school is easy, but only if you really put in the effort. The science is amazing. My class is doing Biology at the moment. My history class is great and this teacher also doesn't get the credit she deserves. I can say though that the students morality is a bit edgy, but we work on it.

International Christian Academy 1

Posted November 11, 2014
So, I am a student. Currently I'm a freshman in high school. I went to ICA for a long period of time. I went there 2nd grade through 6th grade. I didn't make it all the way through 6th without switching to a different school. Elementary school was, let me say, fantastic. The teachers were amazing, and had a passion for God. Middle school on the other hand, was horrible. The middle school teachers could care less about you, and give you bad grades when you do your best. The work in even 6th grade there is unbelievably hard. 3 hours of homework every night. Sometimes I would even have to stay up till midnight to finish it. Then I would get a bad grade the next day. Students in the middle school are inappropriate, make out in hallways, and even "play" with each other where cameras are not around. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT enroll your kids in the MIDDLE SCHOOL here. ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, YES. MIDDLE SCHOOL, NO. After your kid is out of the 5th grade at ICA, transfer over to a better middle school. Trust me, you'll thank me later.
3 people found this helpful

Posted November 04, 2014
ICA is a wonderful place to educate your children. I have 2 children attending ICA. One child is in 7th grade and the other is in 4th. Academics and character development are very strong at ICA. My older child will be graduating from ICA next year after 8th grade and move on to high school. She will be more than prepared to excel in High School due to the excellent academic middle school program at ICA. I plan to keep my younger child in ICA through 8th grade specifically because of the ICA middle school English department. The writing, literature and grammar classes are very exceptional. I believe my children are receiving a stellar education and I am thankful to be a part of the ICA community.

Posted October 29, 2014
My daughter has been attending International Christian Academy (ICA) since preschool. This year she entered into ICA's middle school, and I could not be happier with the transition. All the teachers at ICA middle school are exceptional! They have guided and encouraged her in such a loving way. It has contributed greatly to her success as a new sixth grader. Most importantly, each teacher is pouring into her spiritually, and I see her growing in her walk with The Lord. I am so grateful for these awesome teachers, and the great leadership of Mr. Mekus, ICA's principal.

International Christian Academy
8100 Westcliff Drive, Las Vegas, NV  89145
Last modified International Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
International Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top