Las Vegas, NV
Before care: Yes

Posted November 18, 2014
Walter Bracken is an amazing school. They have done so much to help my two children that go there. They both have learning disabilities, and I have never heard of a school try as hard as Bracken to help all their students reach all their goals. Mrs. Decker is brilliant!

Posted November 17, 2014
Great School, wonderful Teachers! This is my daughter's first year at Bracken for 1st grade, we've had some hiccups along the way but so far everything has been great. The counselors and principal are very supportive and give great guidance to the school and students. The teachers are very attentive, Mrs. Arriaza is very understanding and is a great teacher to my daughter.

Posted November 17, 2014
I am VERY happy with this school. We have even moved since my daughter has started this school and I would not change her school. It is worth the drive for me. The teachers have challenged her without frustrating her. She picks things up quickly but she hasn't been bored in class. The teachers have something for her to work on without over working her or giving her busy work. She grows in leaps and bounds in a variety of areas. They feed her love of learning. The principal is friendly and is always looking for ways to improve the school. I would definitely recommend this school. I like the school so much I wish it went pass fifth grade.

Posted May 09, 2014
Love, Love, Love this school. My son will be done with 5th grade this year and I can not wait until my daughter starts next year.

Posted April 29, 2014
This is the best school i am in, i don't whant to leave. This is so cool being in a school like this.I learnd alote on the first day thats how this school is so cool.

Posted October 28, 2013
Amazing school, great teachers that really care about teaching the students. My son has only been here for a few months and has taken his enthusiasm to learn to a whole new level.

Posted March 25, 2013
school next year 2013-2014 excellent school.in first gread so if you can email me update

Posted December 17, 2012
I have worked at this school for the last six years. I started here after my son started here in the first grade. Before I came to work for Bracken I was a perfectly content stay at home wife and mother of two. I soon found that the teachers needed parent help and wound up spending almost all my free time at the school helping out as much as possible. I have always felt that the more I could do for my teachers, the more time they would have to spend actually teaching my children versus preparing to reach my children. The staff here was so warm and welcoming, especially the principal, that when a position became available to work at this school, I immediately went to apply for it. It has been a joy ever since which is why I am still here even though both of my children have moved on into other magnet schools. The thing I think I love the most about this school is there is no PTA/PTO, but its ok. I hear from parents all the time that they like the set up we have here. It allows for all the teachers to submit work to be done and for any and all parents to either stay or take home work. And there are no fee's to join and no limits to how much or how little parents can help.

Posted December 17, 2012
I am a grandparent to a pre-k and kinder student at Bracken. I come here daily and help out in the work center whenever possible. I have met most of the staff from working in the work center doing various projects for the different grade levels. Many times they come in with notes or sweets to say thank you for all the hard work the parent volunteers do. Because of working in the center, I am able to see what things my grandkids will be working on if they get into this school when their time comes. I am keeping my fingers crossed, because I really like this school and dread the idea of having to go any where else.

Posted December 17, 2012
My daugher is in her fifth year at Bracken. I have spent a lot of time at school volunteering and feel welcome at all times. The set-up for parent involvement seems to better than a regular PTA/PTO since parents are invited to spend as many hours as they like at school helping out, whether it be in classrooms, the work center, or accompaning the students on field trips. I have been involved in the school carnival, painted, read to students in classrooms and so many other things and feel like my contributions have been appreciated by both staff and students. Any issues with my daughter have been quickly and fairly dealt with. My dealings with all of her teachers have been friendly and have all been extremely helpful in keeping her on track and excelling in her studies. The principal has always been accessible, friendly and seems to be motivated to do what is best for the students. Grade scores have continued to improve every year and yes the school does receive awards but that is a testament to the dedication of the principal and staff not in spite of it. Overall, my daughter loves this school and I think it's great.

Walter Bracken Elementary School
1200 North 27th St, Las Vegas, NV  89101
Last modified Walter Bracken Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walter Bracken Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top