Las Vegas, NV

Posted June 08, 2015
This school use to be awesome before Mrs. Irbing Beas hired as the principal. The office staff is rude, uninformed, and not professional. My children did great before the change and most of the teachers left, since then my son was moved from his original class to a teacher who was 6+months pregnant, to a sub for 2 months back to his new teacher. His behavior and grades suffered from the inconsistency of this school. The responses of the office were children are resilient. My daughters had a long term sub who was a 1st time teacher, he told me when my child was having difficulty with some work that she will get it that he is just learning the work also and not to worry about it. Her teacher also left the school halfway through the year but she was fortunate to get an awesome teacher Dr. Salazar who changed the class around. She is the only reason this school was ok. This school has failed my children in every way!

Posted March 04, 2015
My kids were being bullied at this school I pulled them out after I talked to the ladies in the front and their response was you were never bullied as a child wth I was never bullied as a child and I do not think it is acceptable even if I was ! They told me I had to make an appointment with the principal if I wanted to talk to her. I never heard from her til this day 3 years later I still have never received a call

Posted October 06, 2014
My kids have been going here for 3 years. Back then it was such a great school, but now, since the new staff have came & principal, It seems unorganized, unprofessional, and so much more difficult to deal with the staff. Parking is HORRIBLE, releasing the kids after school is dangerously near traffic & oncoming buses, which remind you that their are aggravated drivers out there trying to pick up their own kids but theirs absolutely NO WHERE to park! Kids only have 10 minutes to eat meals and breakfast is not enough time. Announcements in the morning is HOT! They expect the students to be on time and lined up when then the teachers & principal (vice principal also) isn't on time themselves. I don't see why the morning announcement inside their classes over the PA system, then in winter, it's gonna be too cold! Theirs just so much more! I tried to talk to the principal one-on-one, she wasn't available and I never heard back from her, only her assistant.

James B Mcmillan Elementary School 2

Posted October 06, 2014
Both my children have been going to this school since 2009 and I loved the teachers and school up untill 2013 with the changing of pricipals and then in 2014 when more then half of the teachers moved to another school I am very unhappy w/the new leadership at this school, it is very unorganized and the staff is very unimformed on what is going on each day. Not to mention the craziness that happens every morning during line up and morning announcements.

Posted May 07, 2014
My children have been going here since kindergarten and I must say I'm not pleased with how I'm treated everytime I walk into their front office the staff is very rude !!! I don't feel like they want to be at work . I don't feel like children should even be left on campus with staff they really make you feel uncomfortable!!!

Posted December 12, 2013
James B McMillian has to be one of the WORST schools in the district. The bullying here is absurd and the administration does NOTHING, they say they will "look into it" and they never call back. This is by far the worst school I have encountered in 23 years with children in the Clark County School District. The office staff is very rude and they follow their own rules...not the district rules. This school needs to be observed by the district or shut down all together. I will be looking into a zone variance for my children. They are treated poorly by staff and students.

Posted August 22, 2013
We just move around the area. I went to enroll my 8yr old to 3rd grade n the lady in the office was very rude she didn't even check my address, I'm Latina n she try to make fun of my ascent even when I understand n I speck English. I happen to be there when a parent needed somebody to translate for him n she was very rude with him. I immediately ask for a variation zone form. If that's the lady that's supposed to b helpful I don't know what to think about the teachers..... I hope I can move my son to another school.

Posted February 19, 2013
This school has good Teachers, but alot of bullying in this school. Principal does nothing to help situation, one of the worst schools in Clark County.

James B Mcmillan Elementary School

Posted September 24, 2008
I came from a private school to 1st grade in the ccsd public school and I must say I'm very suprised & happy, we have a grade teacher that spends extra time with our son and really enjoys teaching...So far so good

James B Mcmillan Elementary School
7000 Walt Lott Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89128
Last modified James B Mcmillan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James B Mcmillan Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top