Las Vegas, NV

Posted February 28, 2014
The teachers are absolutely amazing! Well, most... Mrs Ward is still there. They seem to sincerely care about every child, and invest in them as human beings. They have a proactive and involved culture. Every child is treated with respect, and as capable. The new office manager treats parents and kids alike with respect, and is highly organized. All of the office staff is very competent. The GATE and Special Ed teachers are delightful, and stay current in their fields. The children who are struggling get the services and attention they deserve. This school has a very dedicated pool of volunteers. This year there is a new principal. The most positive change: lunch time is no longer like PRISON! No, seriously. Glad to see that learning to socialize is recognized as an important skill, and treated as normal and healthy instead of punished. The new environment is calm and social, chatty but not out of control. It is very nice. We have chosen not to move so our son continues at this school.

Posted February 25, 2014
I don't know what the secret is but this school has "it". We did a military move mid year and I rented an apartment to be zoned for this school based on the reviews. Best decision I made in coming back to Las Vegas. My daughters grades have remained high from another good school from out of state and she remains engaged and likes going to school. We left the state because of the schools and reluctantly came back because of housing. Before we left, she was slowly losing interest and disengaging from our zoned school based on teacher interaction and other factors. As a parent, I stay active in her education and it seems like the other parents at Eisenberg may have the same goals in mind. Her teachers are very nice, the office staff is very helpful and the PTA is very active. There is always something going on at this school. I can see the results of how her teachers teach. When she's doing homework, their methods are easily engrained in her lessons. I think other schools in the city should come here and learn the ways of Eisenberg Elementary. She's in 5th grade and we luckily got into Somerset in our original neighborhood for 6th. I think CCSD are heading in the right direction

Dorothy Eisenberg Elementary School 1

Posted February 09, 2014
I went to this school when I was a child, and the literal only memory I have of it is having to pull a card because I said 'bless you' to the girl in the stall next to me when she sneezed and talking wasn't allowed in the bathrooms. Civilized society has no place in this school.

Dorothy Eisenberg Elementary School 4

Posted March 17, 2013
Eisenberg is a good school with many dedicated teachers. In particular the GATE teacher is fantastic. I have friends with kids in higher-rated Summerlin schools and their GATE programs aren't nearly as fun or educational or creative.

Posted February 21, 2013
Great school-My daughter has attended there for three years now. There are many good educators. The principal is active and cares deeply of his staff and students. Great GATE teacher.

Posted May 28, 2012
Amazing school!!! My daughter has been attending Eisenberg since kindergartner and will now be a 3rd grader. The teachers are amazing. The staff is super friendly and always willing to help. The principal is a great guy and so involed in his school and takes a lot of pride in his school , his staff and his students. My daughter loves all the stuff the school offers. It will be sad when she has to leave to go to middle school.

Dorothy Eisenberg Elementary School 4

Posted April 26, 2011
My daughter has been at this school for 1st - 4th grade, and will attend 5th grade. It's a very good school. The principal is very accessible to parents, and the teachers are happy to be there. There is a good parent-base at the school and they do as much as the can for the kids with what they have.

Posted April 03, 2011
Excellent school. I went here for 5th grade. The art teacher was a jerk but other than that it was nice.

Posted May 10, 2010
A fantastic school! I'm so glad my daughter attends Eisenberg Elementary school. The teachers are fantastic and so is the staff! They use the little money that they get from the state in great ways and are always doing events to help raise money to help the school and the classrooms!

Posted October 20, 2008
Eisenberg gave me the tools I need to survive in life. The extracurricular activities helped me be involved. Going to Eisenberg get me that push to stay in school because you'll benifit in the long run. No school is perfect; there is always room for improvement although this school is on of the few acceleraded schools in the nation!! I will always be en Eisenberg explorer!

Dorothy Eisenberg Elementary School
7770 Delhi Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89129
Last modified Dorothy Eisenberg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dorothy Eisenberg Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top