Bad
Good

My son attends full day pre-k program and they are amazing! He comes home every day with a new project that he made! This school has a new principal and so far I love it! I just wished his teacher can use ClassDojo a bit more, this way I can be at ease regarding his behaviors with others. Other than that, I like it!

I have Two grandchildren that go to school here. The teachers and staff are outstanding.

I have 4 children who have attended Betsy Rhodes, and 2 are still there. We have loved the teachers, activities, and sense of community at our school!

I have 2 children who attend or attended this school and we love it!! The previous prinicpal was good, but, our new principal is AWESOME!! We've been affiliated with this school for many years and some years have definitely been better than others. However, since the new principal came on board last year I feel there has been a shift in the universe. She's been a great addition and asset to this school. She is VERY involved and hands on. We think the PTO is much better organized than in previous yrs. and think they are doing a great job, too! We look forward to our daughter going to school here through the 5th grade!!

My son and daughter,ages 10 and 7 have gone to school here since my son was in 2nd grade and he has been picked on and bullied all the time he's been there and no one will take it seriously. We have seen our sons mood worsen and he hates to go because of this. We've discussed putting him in a private school but the way finances are it's not possible. Home schooling isn't possile either because of work hours. We just have to hope that when he graduates(hopefully) into Jr. High , the new school will be better.

Our oldest son has been attending Rhodes since Kindergarten. He will start 5th grade in the fall (2009). There have been no extra activities this year at all and only a couple per year the years prior. The new math program is horrible!!! Every parent and teacher I have spoken to agrees. The methods being taught are ridiculous not to mention that once in middle school they will have to relearn math using the older traditional methods. Other schools have student council, drama and sports. We have none. The gate program is Excellent!!!

My children had been going to Rhodes for three years now and they haven't gotten awards like in others schoolss they have attended in this school district, even if they just simple ones like attendance not much is require sometimes. A little of encouragement goes a long way. Other than that they had had some great teachers and others no so great.

I recently moved here from Reno, NV. I was dismayed. My daughter's IEP was thrown out the window and was seen as unimportant. She is no longer making any progress that she had started to when her old teachers had started in last year. My daughter still manages to get good grades despite problems interacting with the other kids because the standards are so much lower. Her teacher does not pay any attention to my concerns. There is no true concern for the welfare of the students. It seems the staff are simply there to get through the day with as little hassle as possible. I have not been to parent teacher conference the whole year. There is no attempt to make parents feel as though they are part of the educational process. It is most unfortunate.

We just moved here from Massachusetts, and we are impressed with this school so far.

My son loves his Kindergarten teacher! I love this school!

Last modified Betsey A Rhodes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.