Posted August 29, 2011
I have 2 children who attend or attended this school and we love it!! The previous prinicpal was good, but, our new principal is AWESOME!! We've been affiliated with this school for many years and some years have definitely been better than others. However, since the new principal came on board last year I feel there has been a shift in the universe. She's been a great addition and asset to this school. She is VERY involved and hands on. We think the PTO is much better organized than in previous yrs. and think they are doing a great job, too! We look forward to our daughter going to school here through the 5th grade!!

Betsey A Rhodes Elementary School 2

Posted November 21, 2010
My son and daughter,ages 10 and 7 have gone to school here since my son was in 2nd grade and he has been picked on and bullied all the time he's been there and no one will take it seriously. We have seen our sons mood worsen and he hates to go because of this. We've discussed putting him in a private school but the way finances are it's not possible. Home schooling isn't possile either because of work hours. We just have to hope that when he graduates(hopefully) into Jr. High , the new school will be better.

Betsey A Rhodes Elementary School 0

Posted June 28, 2009
Our oldest son has been attending Rhodes since Kindergarten. He will start 5th grade in the fall (2009). There have been no extra activities this year at all and only a couple per year the years prior. The new math program is horrible!!! Every parent and teacher I have spoken to agrees. The methods being taught are ridiculous not to mention that once in middle school they will have to relearn math using the older traditional methods. Other schools have student council, drama and sports. We have none. The gate program is Excellent!!!

Betsey A Rhodes Elementary School 3

Posted June 21, 2009
My children had been going to Rhodes for three years now and they haven't gotten awards like in others schoolss they have attended in this school district, even if they just simple ones like attendance not much is require sometimes. A little of encouragement goes a long way. Other than that they had had some great teachers and others no so great.

Betsey A Rhodes Elementary School 1

Posted June 09, 2009
I recently moved here from Reno, NV. I was dismayed. My daughter's IEP was thrown out the window and was seen as unimportant. She is no longer making any progress that she had started to when her old teachers had started in last year. My daughter still manages to get good grades despite problems interacting with the other kids because the standards are so much lower. Her teacher does not pay any attention to my concerns. There is no true concern for the welfare of the students. It seems the staff are simply there to get through the day with as little hassle as possible. I have not been to parent teacher conference the whole year. There is no attempt to make parents feel as though they are part of the educational process. It is most unfortunate.

Posted March 11, 2009
We just moved here from Massachusetts, and we are impressed with this school so far.

Posted April 19, 2007
My son loves his Kindergarten teacher! I love this school!

Posted August 16, 2005
Great school. Lots of extra activities, sports day, field trips, tutoring. The teachers are qualified and the principal, Dr. Wyatt very hands on. There is a drama department with plays year round for kids to be involved in. Great outdoor fields and playground.

Betsey A Rhodes Elementary School 3

Posted May 04, 2005
This school staff tends to be very 'economically aware' of their students. The office staff (principal included) were very rude during an experience enrolling our child. The first question asked to every parent when they walked in the door was 'what subdivision do you live in?' when I replied that we had moved into the brand new apartments nearby one of the staff actually snorted and replied 'oh great!' I was appalled! They tried to have the children who lived in the apartments 'rezoned' four days before the school year began! The only thing that made my son's year at that school worthwhile was the OUTSTANDING teacher he had.

Betsey A Rhodes Elementary School 4

Posted September 13, 2004
I am a grandparent of a student at this school. The teachers are wonderful and put in many weekends preparing to make learning interesting and challenging. The pricipal cares about the students and the staff. The teachers usually are kind and appear happy. The atmosphere is cheerful and happy.

Betsey A Rhodes Elementary School
7350 Tealwood St, Las Vegas, NV  89131
Last modified Betsey A Rhodes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Betsey A Rhodes Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top