9-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted June 22, 2016
Disrespectful coaches and teams. But especially the coaching staff who allows their players to be disrespectful and seem to be encouraging it I would be embarrassed. It is amazing that the parents think this is acceptable behavior from their coaches and their sons. Part of being a coach is to teach them to be respectable productive members of society be gracious in victory and become leaders. Too bad this lesson is lost on the coaching staff Instead of keeping their players in line and telling them to tone it down they engaged in the same activity and in some cases instigated it.

Ed W Clark High School
Grateful to: Parent

Posted May 23, 2016
When comes to thank you, there are so many people in Clark High School deserves my gratitudes. Start from the top of the list are Assistant Principal, Mr. Joeseph Winfield, who's kind considerations and support of my son and other students is indispensable. Mr. Nathan Vigrass, Mr. Todd Cyr, Ms. Melveen Cornelio, Ms. Sara Kroboth, Mr. Jeff Viggato, Ms. Suzanne Fabbi, Mr. Matthew Malcolm and Ms, Xiaowei Hunt are equally fabulous educators. We owe them lots of gratitude for their most generous hearts and dedications in support of our son's struggles with a serious illness this school year. This one of 3000 reasons why Clark H.S. is such great place for education, music and sports. I salute to Clark High School for all the opportunities provided to better student's future.

Posted September 16, 2015
AMSAT and Orchestra student attending 9th grade. Staff and teachers have been very helpful and Contact response is immediate. So far much better than our previous experience at Hyde Park MS. In this magnet program for the education since the 6th grade. It's difficult but not impossible, if your child is tough, intelligent, determined, and hard working. I suggest all 7th graders start testing SAT and ACT to join young talents programs at Duke and John Hopkins Universities to open those doors. My son did and it is having a very positive effect on him by having such high scores and getting him recognition.

Posted September 07, 2014
I attended the school my junior year & my experience was horrible the school was crowded, I couldn't walk in the hallways, in the classes students were on the counters. The teacher on their phone. In an "advanced" class I had the students were rude & the teacher didn't even teach, also there was a lot of bullying. Worst school I've been to.

Posted October 21, 2013
There is no such thing as perfect high school anywhere. One can always find faults in the school or school district. With that said, your and your child are the lucky ones if enrolled in Ed W. Clark High School (Magnet). The sure way to judge academic strength of a high school is by the amount of high quality students it produced. Almost every year, Ed W. Clark High School has the highest number of National Merit Scholarship semifinalists.This year of 1013, there are 14 students from Clark High honored as National Merit semifinalist. It's highest in the State of Nevada. Washington Post ranked Ed W. Clark High #1, 2011 and #3, 2012 in Nevada. To give one star review because some medical forms mishaps is unfair and ignorant. Clark is a full size high school with 3000 students and 6000 parents. There bound to be issues among students, teachers and school staffs. My experience has been nothing but positive. I find all my child's teachers has been very responsive to his educational needs and my inquiry of missing homework or testing grades. Great teachers and willing parents are the secrets to a successful school.

Posted August 19, 2013
I'm a parent of an incoming freshman and so far I am NOT impressed with this school. The office is not helpful in getting the necessary paperwork(i.e. medication forms) for my child to safely attend school. I was informed about freshman orientation by automated phone call the Friday before it was to take place AND parents were NOT allowed to attend. And this was after the staff at her middle school bullied and threatened my child to pick elective classes or be expelled, all of this happened with NO parental notification or a chance for me as a parent to advise my child. As a result, my child chose electives that are so inappropriate for my child's medical conditions and continued health. The school would not give me a copy of her schedule so that classes could be changed before school started. I was told that my child would probably have to sit out in the classes for about a week before her schedule could be changed. So if this happens, my child will be a week behind in school. And we all know that teachers DO NOT let students not participate in class. I will be looking at other schools and options for my child and the rest of my children.

Ed W Clark High School 4

Posted July 29, 2013
I currently attend clark high school and i am glad to say that it is a very good school. This school is very pro student, its all about the students, they have great teachers.

Posted June 09, 2013
I've heard only good things about Clark from my old friends from Hyde Park, and it has produced exceptional college results and quality students as well as strong extracurriculars in math and science. Top school.

Posted March 31, 2013
i score the highest grade at this school, and this school has the best special education in reading and writing by using computers such as apple computers. i had the highest scores while watch movies and writing a review on the topic of the day here. this school has the best music programs, and art program. other should know about this school as now highest school for math and science program. i like the highest technology in history. this school can improve by not disruptive behavior on religion and disabled. we must except one another as we are, and just because we do great thing doesn't mean we have to play god here. what do we look like in the mirror, and doesn't mean we need to wear make up or do drugs and that what all them did here. most get good grades here. maybe i should teach writing and reading to other special education student here. this school had the best teachers and all them i admire the most here. great teacher the student gets great marks. my grade point average was 3.0 and my college grade point average was 4.0. the music field was great here. the parents really got involve in there kids. parent back in the band. i love marching band it was lots of fun.

Posted October 28, 2012
This wonderful high school is no secret among educators and parents alike. E W Clark has second highest number of National Merit Scholars 2012 among all the Nevada's public & private high schools. Washington Post and Newsweek consistently ranked Clark High as one of nation's top public high school. Its arguably the best in Nevada with a comprehensive academic curriculum for college prep. Graduates from here go on to colleges like Yale, Harvard, Stanford, UCLA, Johns Hopkins, UC Berkeley and UNLV. $12-13 million in annual college scholarships. Good Luck parents.

Ed W Clark High School
4291 Pennwood Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89102
Last modified Ed W Clark High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.