9-12 & Ungraded
Las Vegas, NV

Ed W Clark High School 1

Posted September 07, 2014
I attended the school my junior year & my experience was horrible the school was crowded, I couldn't walk in the hallways, in the classes students were on the counters. The teacher on their phone. In an "advanced" class I had the students were rude & the teacher didn't even teach, also there was a lot of bullying. Worst school I've been to.

Posted October 21, 2013
There is no such thing as perfect high school anywhere. One can always find faults in the school or school district. With that said, your and your child are the lucky ones if enrolled in Ed W. Clark High School (Magnet). The sure way to judge academic strength of a high school is by the amount of high quality students it produced. Almost every year, Ed W. Clark High School has the highest number of National Merit Scholarship semifinalists.This year of 1013, there are 14 students from Clark High honored as National Merit semifinalist. It's highest in the State of Nevada. Washington Post ranked Ed W. Clark High #1, 2011 and #3, 2012 in Nevada. To give one star review because some medical forms mishaps is unfair and ignorant. Clark is a full size high school with 3000 students and 6000 parents. There bound to be issues among students, teachers and school staffs. My experience has been nothing but positive. I find all my child's teachers has been very responsive to his educational needs and my inquiry of missing homework or testing grades. Great teachers and willing parents are the secrets to a successful school.

Ed W Clark High School 1

Posted August 19, 2013
I'm a parent of an incoming freshman and so far I am NOT impressed with this school. The office is not helpful in getting the necessary paperwork(i.e. medication forms) for my child to safely attend school. I was informed about freshman orientation by automated phone call the Friday before it was to take place AND parents were NOT allowed to attend. And this was after the staff at her middle school bullied and threatened my child to pick elective classes or be expelled, all of this happened with NO parental notification or a chance for me as a parent to advise my child. As a result, my child chose electives that are so inappropriate for my child's medical conditions and continued health. The school would not give me a copy of her schedule so that classes could be changed before school started. I was told that my child would probably have to sit out in the classes for about a week before her schedule could be changed. So if this happens, my child will be a week behind in school. And we all know that teachers DO NOT let students not participate in class. I will be looking at other schools and options for my child and the rest of my children.

Ed W Clark High School 4

Posted July 29, 2013
I currently attend clark high school and i am glad to say that it is a very good school. This school is very pro student, its all about the students, they have great teachers.

Posted June 09, 2013
I've heard only good things about Clark from my old friends from Hyde Park, and it has produced exceptional college results and quality students as well as strong extracurriculars in math and science. Top school.

Posted October 28, 2012
This wonderful high school is no secret among educators and parents alike. E W Clark has second highest number of National Merit Scholars 2012 among all the Nevada's public & private high schools. Washington Post and Newsweek consistently ranked Clark High as one of nation's top public high school. Its arguably the best in Nevada with a comprehensive academic curriculum for college prep. Graduates from here go on to colleges like Yale, Harvard, Stanford, UCLA, Johns Hopkins, UC Berkeley and UNLV. $12-13 million in annual college scholarships. Good Luck parents.

Ed W Clark High School 4

Posted June 05, 2011
I graduated from Clark High School as a member of the class of 2007 and I am proud to say that I am a Charger. The teachers present material in a way that is interesting and useful to the students and are always available to help you whether it be with academic issue or personal problems. School spirit was always high with many thanks to the amazing student council that is always elected. Although our sports programs were not known for being successful, the outpouring of support at athletic events was evident, especially when we won state in varsity soccer. The administration was always very caring and worked hard to ensure that the students and teachers had everything they needed. I was a member of the TEACH program and had many friends in AOF and AMSAT. All three programs have fantastic curriculum's and wonderful teachers. ROTC, theater and the music programs are amazing and bring much deserved recognition to the school. Being in this neighborhood has given Clark a bad reputation, however as Mr. Smith always used to say Clark is 'the best kept secret in Las Vegas.'

Posted March 29, 2010
Clark High School is without a doubt one of the best, if not the best, schools in Clark County. The students are enthusiastic and ambitious and I have always found myself challenged to do better and excel as a student. There is no other school that encompasses all that it means to be a high school student. Clark High School includes some of the best musical productions from their orchestra to their band to their choir, a great variety of sports to participate in, and any club imaginable like NHS, Key Club, or HOSA. Students from Clark go on to colleges like Stanford, Harvard, Princeton, and Duke, to name a few. My four years have been absolutely incredible and I have grown tremendously as a person.

Posted December 10, 2009

Posted October 05, 2009
This is my 4th year teaching at Clark, and it's never been better. New principal, Ms. Pendleton is a great addition to CHS, although we will always miss Mr. Smith. The APs are all outstanding as well. The students have a lot of spirit and are well-behaved for the most part. The neighborhood gets a bad rap but the school is safe. I can't wait for my son to start his freshman year there next year. Hands down, best school in Vegas. I'm proud to be a Charger!

Ed W Clark High School
4291 Pennwood Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89102
Last modified Ed W Clark High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ed W Clark High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top