Posted April 03, 2014
This school is absolutely amazing. I am currently in the upper school at TMS and it has been nothing except amazing here. I play 2+ sports, go out every weekend, and still manage to stay on top of my work. Time management can be an issue, but that's only if you don't know how to correctly manage your time. Although I am an underclassman, I already feel like I can go to an Ivy League school and prosper right now! I am so glad that I chose the Meadows--absolutely amazing teachers, student body, and administration. I couldn't be happier!

Posted September 16, 2013
this school is truly a miracle worker from the reviews and comments below I realized that maybe some of these, were from students from other schools and have not attended this wondurous school

Posted May 12, 2013
The college results from Meadows were disappointing. The school has some administration problems and many of the students do not care about academics; they just feel entitled to everything - good grades, friends, respect - you name it. I very much regret attending the school and I would not go here again even if tuition was free.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 04, 2013
TMS is not for everyone. However, what school is. There are pluses and minuses of all schools and the most important thing is finding the proper "fit" for your child. Thus one should take that into account in reading the past reviews. I would state this however, the Meadows school has a great overall program: a) academically challenging and great college prep. Most merit scholars in NV. Highest SAT scores- 400 pts higher than the top 25% at another private high school in Vegas. b) excellent drama dept c) debate team that has been nationally ranked d) sports opportunities (really how many schools bascially can the 4.0 or greater person be on multiple sports teams) Those are just some of the basics. So bottom line, there are some times where the Meadows is not a fit. But for those wanting the above for their kids. The Meadows is a great school. I have had 2 kids there since pre-K (beginning school) and they are doing great. I have had 2 at another private high school that was good but not nearly equivalent.

Posted February 27, 2013
The Meadows School is awful socially. Unfortunately, I'm a student here and although the education is good socially it's exhausting. The cliques that are formed are so hard to break and the negativity toward wanting to be different is very strong. I hate this school. I hate it very much. The education is good but I'm so burnt out from all the pressure that I don't feel motivated to do even better to get into college. They ask wayyy too much of you when you're in middle school it's ridiculous. I was up doing my homework for 6 hours non-stop. No socializing no fun. nothing. I hate this school so much and it ruined my high school career.

Posted May 29, 2012
The person two reviews down makes a very valid point. I am in the upper school and I could not be happier to leave. I only stayed because my parents enrolled me and I had no actual choice. I don't regret being here only because it prepared me, but it was definitely the worst years of my life here. I find it very amusing how the comment below says, "you obviously are not pretty." That phrase is the epitome of the students here. Practically every student will break down anyone with positivity through their ignorance, judgment, and their superialist personality. Academically, this is the best school in Vegas, however socially, be prepared for a miserable life.

Posted May 05, 2012
I can not believe what abominable person wrote a 1 star reveiw of The Meadows School. No offense but the pretty ones do get farther that what you must think so you obviously are not pretty. I am a student of the Middle School and it is the best honor to be at this school

The Meadows School 3

Posted May 25, 2011
As previous reviewers have mentioned if you are an excellent student this school will do so much more for you. I was one of those excellent students. I came here for high school after having previous education elsewhere. I have to admit the classes are small and they do push you to strive. The main problem I had with this school is there is little freedom and they push you too hard if they consider you to be one of their best students. I was accepted into several ivy leagues, but was so burnt out from all the pressure this school puts on you that I basically screwed up my freshman year and spent the rest of college trying to make up for it. Another problem is the students are very into their cliques. Further a lot of students are very into their money which makes drugs pretty prevalent throughout the high school. If you child goes here make sure they can make friends quickly and brush off drama easily. Also make sure they stay away from drugs. I believe smart students excel here and it is the parents job to make sure they handle the pressure in a healthy way.

Posted March 23, 2011
For the academically ambitious kid, this school really challenges the student to his or her greatest potential. To my knowledge,iIn the last three years, each graduation class has had 15-20% of the class named as national merit finalists (when most high schools barely have 1%). The High School is particularly challenging. Caring teachers and staff make a huge impact on the kids. Having said this, Meadows is not for a kid who is not driven or whose life ambition does not include a national college education. Meadows is a college preparatory school... period.

The Meadows School 3

Posted June 02, 2010
A good school. Good traditional education. Beautiful facility. My child experienced issues with *some* teachers and entitlement mentality issues from a small clique of students.

The Meadows School