PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

I am a student of the upper school (and I've been here since 6th grade). Basically, each student takes his education as far as he wants to go. The hardest working students get the best grades and, as you may assume, get into the best colleges. The clubs and electives are also usually very well run. The science clubs are young but they are in good hands and are making huge strides; look to see more of them winning at competitions in the next few years. The law and government clubs have been placing very well at their competitions as well. The school's arts programs are probably some of the best in the county even though they have half as many students as other schools. The sports teams are also surprisingly very competitive in their divisions. Finally, there is the debate team, going to competitions almost every weekend and placing, even at the big tournaments. My only problem with the upper school so far is that the kids that come Freshman year are significantly behind compared to the students coming from the middle school. During first quarter, all the teachers had to slow down a bit to help the new kids catch up. This school is the best at what it does, especially academics.

This school is absolutely amazing. I am currently in the upper school at TMS and it has been nothing except amazing here. I play 2+ sports, go out every weekend, and still manage to stay on top of my work. Time management can be an issue, but that's only if you don't know how to correctly manage your time. Although I am an underclassman, I already feel like I can go to an Ivy League school and prosper right now! I am so glad that I chose the Meadows--absolutely amazing teachers, student body, and administration. I couldn't be happier!

this school is truly a miracle worker from the reviews and comments below I realized that maybe some of these, were from students from other schools and have not attended this wondurous school

The college results from Meadows were disappointing. The school has some administration problems and many of the students do not care about academics; they just feel entitled to everything - good grades, friends, respect - you name it. I very much regret attending the school and I would not go here again even if tuition was free.

TMS is not for everyone. However, what school is. There are pluses and minuses of all schools and the most important thing is finding the proper "fit" for your child. Thus one should take that into account in reading the past reviews. I would state this however, the Meadows school has a great overall program: a) academically challenging and great college prep. Most merit scholars in NV. Highest SAT scores- 400 pts higher than the top 25% at another private high school in Vegas. b) excellent drama dept c) debate team that has been nationally ranked d) sports opportunities (really how many schools bascially can the 4.0 or greater person be on multiple sports teams) Those are just some of the basics. So bottom line, there are some times where the Meadows is not a fit. But for those wanting the above for their kids. The Meadows is a great school. I have had 2 kids there since pre-K (beginning school) and they are doing great. I have had 2 at another private high school that was good but not nearly equivalent.

The Meadows School is awful socially. Unfortunately, I'm a student here and although the education is good socially it's exhausting. The cliques that are formed are so hard to break and the negativity toward wanting to be different is very strong. I hate this school. I hate it very much. The education is good but I'm so burnt out from all the pressure that I don't feel motivated to do even better to get into college. They ask wayyy too much of you when you're in middle school it's ridiculous. I was up doing my homework for 6 hours non-stop. No socializing no fun. nothing. I hate this school so much and it ruined my high school career.

The person two reviews down makes a very valid point. I am in the upper school and I could not be happier to leave. I only stayed because my parents enrolled me and I had no actual choice. I don't regret being here only because it prepared me, but it was definitely the worst years of my life here. I find it very amusing how the comment below says, "you obviously are not pretty." That phrase is the epitome of the students here. Practically every student will break down anyone with positivity through their ignorance, judgment, and their superialist personality. Academically, this is the best school in Vegas, however socially, be prepared for a miserable life.

As previous reviewers have mentioned if you are an excellent student this school will do so much more for you. I was one of those excellent students. I came here for high school after having previous education elsewhere. I have to admit the classes are small and they do push you to strive. The main problem I had with this school is there is little freedom and they push you too hard if they consider you to be one of their best students. I was accepted into several ivy leagues, but was so burnt out from all the pressure this school puts on you that I basically screwed up my freshman year and spent the rest of college trying to make up for it. Another problem is the students are very into their cliques. Further a lot of students are very into their money which makes drugs pretty prevalent throughout the high school. If you child goes here make sure they can make friends quickly and brush off drama easily. Also make sure they stay away from drugs. I believe smart students excel here and it is the parents job to make sure they handle the pressure in a healthy way.

For the academically ambitious kid, this school really challenges the student to his or her greatest potential. To my knowledge,iIn the last three years, each graduation class has had 15-20% of the class named as national merit finalists (when most high schools barely have 1%). The High School is particularly challenging. Caring teachers and staff make a huge impact on the kids. Having said this, Meadows is not for a kid who is not driven or whose life ambition does not include a national college education. Meadows is a college preparatory school... period.

A good school. Good traditional education. Beautiful facility. My child experienced issues with *some* teachers and entitlement mentality issues from a small clique of students.

Last modified The Meadows School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12