Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This was an excellent school thi past year 2015-2016. The principal Dr. Hall and the teachers did an amazing job motivating the students. They broke the world record for most books read during this school year. They really did a phenomenal job. They have a great PTA who is really involved in the school and providing activities for the students after school. The rating of a 6 for this school is low in my opinion and should be higher somewhere around an 8.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

There are so many great teachers at this school. It was because these teachers that the students excelled at the world record challenge.

Amount of homework: Agree

They give a fair amount of homework and do not put to much pressure on the students towards homework.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They focus on educating the student and take time to talk to them and not ignore them.

-parent I rate this school bad because when I first registered my daughter for Kindergarten, the front office was so rude. I felt like they have embarrassed me infront of other parents. Yelling at me like I'm def and can't speak English. Giving me papers in Spanish. I may look Spanish but doesn't mean I am!! I only speak English and a citizen of the United States!! Ever since I moved here I swear I never ever had a school office treated me that way before! But other then that, my daughter's teacher is so nice and sweet.

Was looking for info on preschools for my 4 year old. And this school Does not have pre-k.

Hello. I am a student at Brookman Elementary School. Well, was. Today was the last day of school. Knowing that I've spent 6 years at this school, I feel it is fitting to write a review. I remember walking through the gates to go to my soon to be kindergarten classroom. That was 6 years ago. Just today at 12:40pm I was thinking, "I can't believe I'm finally going to be going to middle school." What have I retained through all those years? That Brookman E.S is a wonderful place with teachers that have shaped me into the person I am today. People have sometimes known me as "the smart kid in class". In 2nd Grade, I got a letter saying that I was eligible for the G.A.T.E program at CCSD and I could join in 3rd Grade if I pass the test. I did. This allowed me to work on more advanced projects than the rest of my class. I have always been able to The teachers here are all very kind people but can get mean at times (then again, most of my classmates don't know how to be quiet). The office staff are helpful and the two principals that I've known at Brookman have always been nice to the students. This is really all I have to say. This school will always hold a special place in my heart.

I AM AN ACTIVE BOARD MEMBER OF THE PTA & have been for 3 years. When the post from 2/28 was brought to my attention I never thought it would be that ridiculous & that I would have to be on here defending Brookman. My children have attended school here for 4 years now & I have never had one negative thought about ANYONE here. From day one I have felt at home here. Everyone is family,at Brookman from teachers to parents to Admin & Staff. To the woman who wrote the post: I am pretty sure I have never seen you at a PTA meeting. Have you ever helped at the school at all? Not just in your childs class (I personally avoid that as I think that it is a distraction to the teacher & students) There are so many other things that you can help with & have not or you would not be saying these things. These people that you talk so poorly about, Do you know them? Did you ever try to get to know them? You should be ashamed of yourself. You're setting a HORRIBLE example for your child. Being a "former PTA President" you should know the ins & outs of schools & what each person including the office people endure on a daily basis. I am honored to be part of the Brookman Family & YOU SHOULD BE ALSO.

In regards to the post from February 28, 2013. You should be ashamed of yourself. You are a spoiled woman. When you make a post like you did, you should tell the entire story, not just the details that make you look good. You have talked to many parents about your issues, and so we all know who you are! Coming from Texas and not knowing very many people, I am surprised at your willingness to talk about someone behind their back. You had no idea who I am friends with, and yet you proceeded to tell me all about how horrible this woman was, so I played along and listened to see how far you would go with the story. I am appalled and disagree with almost everything you said! You are power hungry and want revenge because your daughters teacher won't bend the rules of her classroom for you, your husband, OR your daughter. Everyone is treated exactly the same, and you don't like that! I have seen her teacher there at 7:30am and she stays well after 6:00pm, does this sound like someone just wanting a "paycheck?" Kids thrive when they know where the boundaries are, both my kids thought she was a great teacher, and they appreciate her even more now that they are older. You are very bitter!!

I applaud the previous poster AND this teacher for standing up to a parent that obviously needs to be put in her place. It sounds like this mom is living in a fairytale and thinks she is sending her daughter to fantasyland everyday! How does she discipline her "best friend" if she has never had to yell at her?!? I have several kids, and if you don't yell once in a while, you are not parenting!! Just sayin'!! Sounds like mom needs to homeschool since she is so superior over the people that have degrees and spent years teaching, or maybe it's just time to switch to a NEW day care!!

Last modified Eileen Brookman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.