Las Vegas, NV
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

"The mission of CCLA is to provide students with an exceptional education that is builit upon a solid, biblical foundation in a Christ-centered environment to prepare them for a successful life that glorifies God." God has given different abilities to each student. Our staff will take responsibility to stimulate and challenge each individual student according to his/her ability while seeking to develop the student's full potential.
February 13, 2013

Posted July 25, 2014
This will be my kids third year going to this school. We have had a 100% positive experience here. The teachers and staff are the most caring, kind and devoted people. They all truly care about the children. The class sizes are all small, the teachers really get to know the students. My kids have loved every year here. You will not find a group of people that care more about your kids and their education than the people here! Go take a tour and see for yourself!!

Posted May 26, 2014
I have worked in this school since the beginning of this school year and am so excited to continue for another year. Our Preschool Director is amazing along with the Principal of the school. Both women not only highly care about the children, but the staff as well. We are treated with respect and any issues are quickly dealt with. I love coming to work everyday and miss the kids during the weekend and breaks. I can't even imagine working anywhere else.

Posted February 03, 2014
As the principal of CCLA it is my job to monitor social media websites to ensure CCLA is presented in the most positive and truthful light. It is therefore my responsibility to ensure the public receives the most accurate information possible. It came across in one of the comments below that our music teacher is 19 years old and has no training in the field. Our music teacher is 23 years old and has either been taking classes, training or performing on the piano or singing since she was a young child. Our Christmas and Spring Musicals speak for themselves regarding our music program. Secondly, 18 of the 21 students enrolled in our kindergarten class are students who attended our preschool. Last year, kindergarten students as a class scored 92.5% better than students who took the Terra Nova test at the same time of year as other students who took the same test on the NATIONAL level. I respect and consider everyone's stated opinion whether it is positive or negative, if you are a parent considering attending CCLA, please visit our website or tour the school for the most accurate information possible.

Posted February 03, 2014
Calvary Christian Learning Academy is the best kept secret in Las Vegas! This school has a beautiful campus, including spacious and age-appropriate classrooms that, inviting environment and current technology. The administrative staff from Principal Cinde Rivera, their certified teachers, down through their support staff are caring people who truly put the kids safety and development as a top priority. The academics of CCLA are off the chart! Ask to see a copy of their most recent test scores. The special classes beyond the general curriculum are high quality, too. The music program offers opportunity for the kids to perform several times during the year. The athletic program has produced league champions in volleyball and basketball. Both elementary and middle school programs are offered.

Calvary Christian Learning Academy 1

Posted February 01, 2014
This school is terrible. My children went here an learned nothing. The preschool teachers are not qualified and they only pay them seven dollars and hour. They are treated unfairly and the students of color are also treated poorly. Their accountant does not know what she is doing and you are always over charged. They never want to give you your money back. Their pre school director is incompetent and the principal has no control. Please do not send your children here. Challenger is a much better way to go.

Calvary Christian Learning Academy 2

Posted January 20, 2014
I like the curriculum at CCLA and I like the teachers. Education level is good, better than a public school- hands down! However, I'm not sure my family and I stand by the administration any more. Over the years we have come to see the favoritism and lack of results from the pastor and administration. They are all either related or close friends, so complaints or issues that need to be handled go no where! They are quick to take your money but don't handle situations accordingly. Sad. PE teacher is pastors son, and finance coordinator is pastors daughter. Neither have any degrees to do their jobs other than a high school diploma! and these are who lead our students? Unacceptable . By the way, specials classes are joke!

Posted January 06, 2014
This is one of the greatest schools my child has been apart of. I have a child in Elementary school here and I have nothing but good things to say about this school. The education is high level and very engaging. The specials classes such as Music, PE, and Art are very well done. The Music class is taught by a woman who has been involved in music since she was 3 years old and really knows what she is doing. The PE class is taught by her brother who has been involved in sports since he was 4 years old. He is a very sports minded and played volleyball at the college level. This school is an amazing school and recommend it for anyone looking for a strong biblical school that has strong education.

Posted January 06, 2014
CCLA is definitely a hidden treasure here in Las Vegas. From the welcoming front desk staff, to Principal Cinde Rivera and Preschool Director, all the way down to their supportive, loving and inspiring teaching staff. My student has moved from Preschool up through Elementary. Even with the changing of positions and staff, I have always felt that my child's safety is first priority. My student now enjoys PE, recess, music and after school activities with people who really show care and concern for each child. With 2 musicals a year and opportunities for my child to play sports, I couldn't imagine attending anywhere else. At 23 years old I am astonished at the acting and complete performance the music teacher is able to produce with the many classes from Kindergarten on up each and every year. My student has so many stories from lunch time, to the fun in PE and from the group projects in class. If you are looking for TOP NOTCH education, Calvary Christian Learning Academy is the place for you.

Posted January 06, 2014
Safety is CCLA's first priority. I feel at ease knowing my child's safety is the first thing on each staff member's mind. The weekly newsletters, evacuation drills and weekly parent contact through email really shows their dedication to ensure everyone is informed and feels they are well taken care of. I am pleased that my student has nothing but good stories to report back home and if any conflict arose with another student, that the teacher handled it with grace and always brought the conversation back to Christ and how we should all treat on another. CCLA is the right fit for my family and many others.

Posted December 30, 2013
I love this school. My daughter is in Kindergarten and has learned so much! ...she takes pride in her work, has learned so much, I can't imagine a better Christian based school. Her love for Christ has grown. Couldnt be happier. I highly recommend the Kindergarten teacher here! The education level here is above expectation.

Calvary Christian Learning Academy
2900 North Torrey Pines Drive, Las Vegas, NV  89108
Last modified Calvary Christian Learning Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Calvary Christian Learning Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top