PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

The best quality of this school is its new state of the art facility. While much time and attention has been placed in building a great building, the administration has completely failed to fill the building with a quality curriculum, teachers or administration. The teachers are not licensed. The administration doesn't have a clue what goes on the building. Bullying and crud behavior is unfettered. In fact, one teacher didn't teach her class for an entire month and the administration could care less. They backed the teacher over the parents.

I enrolled my son here last year and is still going to this school. He will graduate from this school. I think this was and is the best thing we ever did. He is getting a full judaic education to prepare his for his Bar Mitzvah and secular education. This is the best school in Las Vegas, NV.

The best private school in Las Vegas. The staff and faculty are warm, welcoming and always put the children first. Morah Dina is the best!!

We are Reform Jews, and our kids have attended DTA for one year, after attending a highly rated public school. We have been very happy with our experience. Rabbi Rodman is concurrently very sensible and very compassionate. Director Dina Harlig is tremendously organized and effective. Our younger son's pre-K teacher was incredibly creative with learning/art projects and just about the most pleasant person we've ever met. The best thing was the openness of the communication. They send frequent emails and written newsletters to keep the parents updated, and they are so easy to reach if we have any concerns. We have felt like they really care about our kids (not just "managing" them like we felt in the public school) and that we are a team at guiding our kids through their education.

I just recently read the comment submitted on March 23, 2011 and was very surprised. Both DTA and Rabbi Rodman have a long history of working with students with all types of learning differences. I showed Rabbi Rodman this comment and asked him about it. He told me that he could not reveal any confidential information, but all that he ever asked parents to do is get a proper evaluation when that is indicated. He has never forced anyone to go on medicine! He also told me that the situation with that particular family was not nearly as simple as presented in that comment. Knowing the Rabbi's long history of working with all sorts of students, I surely believe him. As for myself, we have always been totally happy with the education our children receive at Desert Torah Academy.

We enrolled our son in this school because we wanted him to get a good Jewish education. After the school reviewed his report card, although he excelled in all subjects, there were some minor behavioral issues because.of his ADHD. We thought that fellow Jews would be more sympathetic towards my son because according to Chabad, they dont turn kids away from getting a Jewish education. Well, 2 weeks and 3 warnings later, Rabbi Rodman kicked my son out of school. He said that the only way they would take him back is if we medicated him, which we firmly refuse. I am in shock for their behavior. They are willing to medicate him to keep a quiet class instead of helping us and giving his therapy a chance since he visits a therapist on a weekly basis and there has been improvements. Shame on Chabad and the faculty especially Rabbi Rodman. Dont take your kids there. Thanks for making my son feel rejected.

This is a relatively new private school. They are a very wonderful religious school for Jewish children. They have a fabulous secular program and are expanding more and more each day. This year they are bringing in a separate secular principal and are beginning a more dedicated special education program.

Last modified Desert Torah Academy Ohel Menachem is a Private school that serves grades PK-8