Lewis E Rowe Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted Thursday, August 14, 2014

All my children has gone to this school. Now only 2 of them go. The oldest one is about to go to 5th grade, all of her teachers except her 1st grade teachers treated her right and fair. Yet all those reviews arent true! I was reading all those reviews until I got to this one which said 'The teachers only cared about how good looking the class or students looked' but it wasnt true. I asked my daughter how was her school and she said that they started a be kind thing for teachers and students. If they be caught they would be called up to the office to get their prize! Im not sure if those reviews are even from actual parents or teachers, because all of the facts in the reviews arent true. Im starting to think those reviews are from a different school trying to get more students!

Posted April 14, 2014

Awful administration cares more about looking good and placating parents than education or safety. Entire staff left last year, Principal hired staff of newbies she could bully. Staff is forced to use programs that don't work, then bullied and threatened when test scores don't go up. No tech person, teachers told to set up all technology on their own time with no training. No librarian. No counselor. Teachers told to deal with violent students with no help except for shuffling student from class to class. Scary place.

Posted September 23, 2013

My child went to this school for half of kindergarten up untill the fourth grade. This school was good until the third grade when his teacher was instructed by the principal to write all the tests and grades were to be given strictly towered test scores. My third grader then began to get D's and F's in all subjects. Despite his teachers being amazing my child fell behind, not to mention other children with straight A's. In fourth grade I had to file a section 504 to help him catch up. He was also bullied by a teacher for two years there. I addressed this with the vise and principal, they did nothing and I ended up having to confront this teacher myself. Now I am homeschooling my child because he is not ready for 5th grade much less 4th. This is the principals fault who is rude, has no interpersonal skills and a bit of a control issue. Thank you Lewis E Rowe. I miss all the good teachers who have left due to these many problems.

Posted July 2, 2013

I loved this school with all my heart i am a middle school student who went to Lewis E. Rowe from kindergarten to 5th grade. I loved the teachers and i sometimes go after school to visit and see how it is going. I had staight A's through my life so far and Rowe has helped me learn so much. I was in the T.A.G.S. program which stands for Talented And Gifted Students and that helped me show how smart i can be T.A.G.S. is a great way to learn extra and study for the next grade and so forth. because of Rowe I now take advanced classes for almost anything and is going to take honors classes in high school. Thank you for listening

Posted June 19, 2013

Bad school the told me 2 days before school year end that they were going to retain my kindergarten Daughter I'm trying to get help if there someting I cand do.,

Posted May 26, 2013

I was surprised to see so many good reviews at first, but then it made sense when I noticed that the last time anyone posted one was 2010. This was a great school a few years ago whe it was a positive caring environment. This is no longer a people-friendly school. The only thing that is important is test data. It is a poor learning environment for students as well as a poor working environment for the staff. There is also lots of bullying, and students not treating eachother with respect. Do not believe CCSD's anti-bullying hype. It does not apply at this school, and I suspect it is the same at many others. There are no significant consequences for this behavior. The majority of students and parents are unhappy with the way things have become at this school, as is nearly the whole staff. About half of the teachers are leaving, so there will be a lot of new faces next year. I wish them a lot of luck.

Posted May 26, 2010

I am astundent that is now finishing 5th grade. Iv'e been attending this school scince kindergarten. I have enjoyed it ever scince. The teachers make me do my best and believe I can do what I want to do. And they did a wonderful job at it. In second grade I made it to G.A.T.E. This is a program not every school has, that lets bright students show how bright they can be. I know that on the fith grade creantation I will cry because of this school. I will miss all my very wonderful teacher and fun, crazy friends. And I highly recomend it for children from pre-kinder to fith. Now, with the help of this school, I made it into a select/magnet school. R.O. Gibson. I will miss Lewis E. Rowe very, very much!

Posted April 8, 2010

This is my so'n's second year attending Lewis Rowe, and I truly believe that it is a great school. The teacher's are nice and on top of things with regards to the student academic standing. We get to communicate with the teachers on a regular basis. I planned to change residence a couple of times but we havent because my son doesnt want to go to a different school. Even the office and adminstrative staff are wonderful. I usually get a phone call ffrom the assistant principal, Mr. Jenkins when there is a special event coming, just to remind us. And being a single parent with another child at home, this reminders are very helpfull.It keeps me updated on my son's school activities. Mis Hogart and Miss Owen are wonderful teachers, we've been lucky. Lewis Rowe is taxes well spent... keep up the great works!!!!!!

Posted September 22, 2008

At first, because it was an older school, I didn't know what to expect. After shadowing my daughter at school for the day, seeing the quality of work she was bringing home and after she completed kindergarten, I was very impressed. Ms. Connors is very structured, strict, and consistent with her kids. The school passed APY which is a huge deal for Las Vegas schools. This was the 2nd year in a row they got it. My daughter met every criteria she was tested on. She is now in 1st grade and I look forward to it. Lewis E. Rowe also received a grant for a free after school program for a limited number of kids. Even though my daughter didn't get to participate because of the limited enrollment, I am glad that it's available to the kids.

Posted June 3, 2007

the Administration and Teachers at Rowe are super, the problem that the school has is too many students. The population of Las Vegas has grown well beyond the capacity that any of the schools can handle. The Government does not give the school and students what they need to succeed. As a 42 year resident of Las Vegas and a student of the Clark County School District myself, I felt it time to move to another state to allow my daughter the quality of education she deserves. Good luck to the office staff, principal and teachers of L.E. Rowe, you perform Miracles with the resources you are provided with.

Posted June 9, 2006

My daughter's teacher mrs.Goode has made her feel so welcomed. I felt so happy my daughter understood math much better and how involved she is in class. This school has great qualities every child and parent would enjoy.

Posted January 12, 2006

I really love this school. My sons kinder. teacher mrs. Mirise is wonderful. She has taught my son so much this year. This school is definately a 5 star school.

Posted May 28, 2005

I love this school. The staff is great and the teachers really care about the students.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2013.

105 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

106 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Nevada used the Criterion Referenced Test (CRT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and in grades 5 and 8 in science. The CRT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Nevada. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2013.

107 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 71% in 2013.

107 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 66% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 61% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 44% in 2011.

98 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students66%

Students with limited English proficiency36%
Proficient in English66%
Not migrant55%
Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

The different student groups are identified by the Nevada Department of Education; if there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students51%

Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 86%N/A54%

Fax number
  • (702) 799-0299

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4338 South Bruce St