Las Vegas, NV
Students enrolled: 1,511

Ralph Cadwallader Middle School 3

Posted June 16, 2015
Im a student in 8th grade now and I just don't see why we need uniforms. Even if we all look the same, bullying still happens. I see it happen everyday. And plus people want to express their self with the art they wear. by letting people wear what they want to wear,people can create bonds with others and create friends quicker than when wearing uniforms. Also if you want people to look the same its never going to happen. No matter what you make us wear, people are always going to be different from others. It doesn't really matter if we all wear the Same thing, people are still gonna judge and bully the people that are different from them. I see it everyday to.

Posted April 25, 2015
I just started sixth grade this year right after winter break. This school seems to always be very clean and tidy. In my opinion I think the uniforms will help kids to not make fun of other kids and less kids will get dress coded. Moving on, the teachers are very well educated and most of the kids understand. The choir program is amazing and the teacher Mrs. Ricci is super nice! I am currently in choir and it is really fun. Also if your a fifth grader some of the teachers you will want are Mr. Winder and Mrs. Thurmond those two teachers are very clean, tidy, well educated, and organized. I look forward to spending all three years at this school. Have a nice day.

Posted February 15, 2015
The school is void of Artwork, The rules are archaic and many lack any reasonable explanation of why they exist. Teachers ate as un-creative as the general physical environment of the school suggests. Communication with between the teachers and the parent's of students is non-existent. Las Vegas is generally a transient community where people move to find employment in the hospitality industry and the school takes advantage of this demographic by providing minimal activities for the students, which does not center around the three R's creating an environment that is more representative of a prison than a place that fosters creativity and learning. It is overcrowded and students are quite easily lost in it's hallways. Schools are supposed to be preparing our youth to be good citizens as well as competitive in the global economy. I do not feel that the school has the ability to do either. The Teachers are burned out, Administrative leaders seem to be as well. This does however seem to be a systemic problem filtering throughout many schools in the Clarke County area. The City of Las Vegas while having the financial resources to improve these schools they choose not to.

Posted October 18, 2014
I just started attending Cadwallader this year as an 8th grader, and I already love it here. Yes, there are some faults (which are completely understandable, they just irk me a bit) including not being able to wear sweaters in class, even if its cold, and the entire "uniform" thing. I understand that without it, there would be unnecessary bullying, although wherever you go, there's going to be bullying. Some of the factors of the uniform are really unnecessary as well, like how the jeans can't even be slightly faded. Moving on from the attire, the staff at Cadwallader is top notch. For you soon to be 8th graders, know that you're lucky if you get Mr.Mesenburg and/or Mr.Farmintino as teachers, because they're wonderful, funny, caring teachers. I know I'm receiving excellent education, and the work they give out isn't mind-bogglingly difficult, its challenging, which is perfect. There are advanced classes as well. The teachers are very involved and care about their students' education. I'm in choir, and even Ms.Ricci, the choir instructor is doing her job right. So, on a final note, if you're thinking about joining CMS, do it asap, because its one of the best schools you'll go to.

Posted July 28, 2014
My daughters are new to this school i heard it is a very good school i was wondering when is open house!!??

Posted June 22, 2014
Come on people! This school, as any other, is what you make it. The negative comments posted here are attributable to parents and students that could not get their way or were not prepared to deal with life's challenges. It takes a village to raise a child and some if the parents refuse to take responsibility for their portion of raising THEIR child. Step up parents and students. The staff and administration care about your kids. Ms. Martinez is wonderful as is the rest of the administration. So many of the teachers are willing to stay and help students, we've not had any concerns with getting help. Now the CCSD presents many road blocks and the NV department of education is ridiculous. Yet with all those potential road blocks, the staff does a great job. The Cadwallader Band is a shining example of what is right with Cadwallader. All those kids in the band do great things.

Posted April 07, 2014
My son has attended Cadwallader for the past 3 years (he's finishing up his 8th grade year now). Education is what you make of it, and I feel that my son has succeeded at this school because of the excellent teachers he's had over the years. Everyone in the office is also extremely helpful from the student aides you see at the front desk, to the registrar (who is an absolute pleasure to talk to). My son has received a great education here, and has been accepted to Advanced Technology Academy (computer science) for the 2014-15 school year and I feel it's due impart to his experience here at Cadwallader.

Posted October 02, 2013
Cadwallader Middle School's social promotions for students who don't pass sells our children short. No help or communication with parents regarding missed assignments, poor test scores doesn't help parents to be engaged easily with their children. The online grade / assignemt sight is often not updated correctly and is clunky to use. The lack of parents feeling welcome is unacceptable. I understand the need for security and safety but when it makes you not feel welcome as a parent then you can't build a community around the school. I am moving out of this school dristict to a much better one before it is too late.

Posted June 09, 2013
Cadwallader is the best, there's no other school as awesome as Cad. I was went to Cad for all three years of my middle school year. the teachers are awesome, even the coach of the boys basketball team was my english teacher for eighth grade. i will miss him dearly.

Posted May 14, 2013
This school is an example of what is wrong with the Clark County school district. My son has attended this school for his 6th grade year and out of 6 of his teachers I can say only ONE of those teachers made any real effort to push him and encourage success. When he was struggling one class in particular, he went to his teacher to ask what he could do to improve, and her response was so negative. Teachers here seem to be bothered by questions asked with regards to class topics or classwork, they do not spend any extra time with the students, and a parent teacher conference consists of ALL teachers not just the one teacher that any issues need to be addressed with. When a district survey is given the teachers will hover over the students shoulders and if any negative comments are written will advise the students to remove. This is a complete disgrace, why ask a student for their opinion if a teacher is going to censor their opinion? Furthermore, why are the students not confidential and linked to their school id's? Clark County School District will continue to be a horrible district and placed in last place nationally if they continue on this path.

Ralph Cadwallader Middle School
7775 Elkhorn Rd, Las Vegas, NV  89131
Last modified Ralph Cadwallader Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ralph Cadwallader Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top