9-12 & Ungraded
Las Vegas, NV
Students enrolled: 1,994

Posted September 07, 2014
Del Sol was my only choice when I moved from California. I'm new here in Las Vegas, I disagree with all these negative comments about Del Sol. Now, we have a new principal that cares a lot about our education. It's strict; however, for a good reason. The school is rate 2 stars? Possibly when they had the old teacher. What I dislike about Del Sol is they only give 6 classes, and some like Valley High School has 7 periods. Some of the classes are big, the teachers can't handle them. They should have a strict teachers when the students aren't behaving well. Flash cards should be use, Some students don't even participate. According to my research, del sol takes bullying seriously but people would make fun of me when I raised my hand and just to answer the question. I had to change all my classes to honors because they're more respectful and takes it seriously. I can see what del sol lacks in and what they are good at. They can't only focus on students behavior outside of class, they should focus inside the class too. Like teachers need to be organized. Del sol football team is pretty good, amazing student council team. Very very very, spirited.

Posted August 30, 2013
Del sol high school is great people who say it's not r probable people who go once a monte to school. We may not have the best graduation rate but its not the teacher or staff members fault is the irresponsible parents that don't give a shrimp about their kids education because I've been attending del sol for the last 2 years and I am graduating next year. I have no complains about anything del sol high schools helps you with anything u need they help you get school supplies if u can't afford it thy can even help you with cloth and anything u need. I am an honors/advanced placed girl and I am satisfied with how my school has treated me if kids in that schools ever become failures is be auss they're trying really hard. Teachers get involved with you because everybody in schoo, is trying to help us to graduate. That school is amazing my high school experience there has been great and if I had to choose again I would choose del sol 1000 times more.

Posted March 23, 2013
I do believe this school has potential in changing your childs future. At first it struggled here and there, but with the new principle, she gave students a boost to learn and find out that there is hope to graduating in the near future. This is an anti bullying school, fights are rare, and students make you feel welcome. It doesn't matter what race you are, as long as you are willing to learn. Students are students they act the way teenagers are supposed to act. I do believe the drop out rate is decreasing, and this school had mild potential.

Posted April 11, 2012
Ok, im very sick of seeing people speak badly about Del Sol. All of the problems with Del Sol are family related. As in, some student's own familes do not care about their child's education. I'm a sophmore at Del Sol and I can tell you it's not "ghetto", it just has a high Hispanic and African American ethnicity; which for some reason gives it a bad reputation. So if your smart, then your not going to become stupid by coming here. I can tell you that I personally like Del Sol because it has so little drama, if you mind your business then you'll have no problems. So if you want your child to go to some stuck up high school where he/she will be most likely judged and picked on because he/she doesnt act a certain way, by all means dont send them here. As for me, I wouldnt go to any other school.

Del Sol High School 1

Posted October 10, 2011
As a sophmore at this school I can say that this is one of the worst high schools in Las Vegas. It has the highest drop out rate in clark county, do you think it would be good for your kids to go there? The entire staff is more worried about dress code and tardies then they are about academic acceleration. Most of the teachers there are rude and they could care less if you pass or fail, but there are a few good ones. There are lots of fights and the only thing students at this school care about is the opposite sex. The honors program is okay, but the teachers lack compassion and caring for anything you do. The school is failing at test scores and attendence and if things don't change at the school this year, then it will be shut down. How's that for a convenient experience?

Posted August 20, 2011
As for the freshmen who is tipping out because noone seemed to notice him after the first day you were there, that's normal. It happens in every school. I have gone to many schools, I move a lot, and that always happens. This was probably his first time moving to a new school because most of the people there are friendly.

Del Sol High School 1

Posted January 19, 2011
I'm attending this school now and i have to say that this is just terrible. Most of the students are broken down into stereotypes, and care more about their stereotypes (who fits in and who doesn't) than their classes. The classes are PACKED with people. The school claims to be "diverse" even though most of the population is Hispanic. The first day i came to this school (as a freshman which i still am) everyone was so happy: "OMG WE HAVE A NEW STUDENT" and the next day everyone forgot I existed anymore. The classes are stupid easy for me cause I came from Jersey and the schools there are somewhat difficult, but I got Straight-A's, and now I'm here taking Honors Classes... I would never recommend this school to a parent with a child that might have real potential. End Of Story.

Posted March 03, 2010
Before Del Sol HS was built in 2004, I was zoned for Chapparal HS. I didn't want to attend Chapparal, so Del Sol was kind of a Godsend. Although Del Sol has a high population of Hispanic students, that didn't seem to make much of a difference for the environement. Students, no matter what race, took all different of levels of classes. The teachers in all the departments except for math are top notch. The principal is very good at what she does. Athletics at Del Sol are also very good, our football team being our main pride and joy. At Del Sol I was able to participate in sports and activities that I don't think I could have participated in at any other school. Del Sol High School has the most genuine students, teachers, and staff/administration that you could possibly find in the Clark County School District.

Del Sol High School 2

Posted February 06, 2010
I went to this school last year. I hated the school so much, that I missed pretty much all of school. There is good things about the school, like how the students mix well. It helped me a lot with my social skills. But learning was a whole different thing. My math class changed thru 4 teachers. The teacher could not control some of their students. Some of the staff was rude. To me, the academic was not very good. The classes were boring and not motivating enough. Its a ridiculous school. Fights and the teachers would WALK slowly to go stop it. The lockers were crappy. Just terrible.

Posted December 29, 2009

Del Sol High School
3100 East Patrick Ln, Las Vegas, NV  89120
Last modified Del Sol High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Del Sol High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top