No rating

St Christopher Catholic School

Private | K-8 | 215 students

Living in North Las Vegas

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $42,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $780.

Posted May 29, 2014

My daughter went to this school for kindergarten and 1st grade until we had to move out of state. The teachers and staff are very involved. Everyone truly makes you feel part of the family. I am so grateful at the solid foundation my daughter received spiritually and academically. In comparison to the new school we are at, my daughter was learning a whole grade ahead of where she is at now. We were very impressed when within the 2nd semester of kindergarten, our daughter was reading short sentences when she could barely read complex words. I only have positive remarks for this school. The kids from every grade were polite, respectful, and watched out for of the younger students

Posted March 16, 2014

My daughter is in Kindergarten and she absolutely loves her school. As an employee of CCSD, I did NOT feel 100% comfortable sending my 5 Y.O. off to school and NOT know anything about the teachers, school, principal, etc. When I visited St. Christopher's ... I was given a tour by the Principal. He was very polite and allowed me to talk to the teacher and ask questions with no rush. He did not try to pressure me into choosing St. Christopher. Office staff is great. I was a little nervous at first, because my family is NOT Catholic; but that worry was quickly erased as I realized my daughter was flourishing. Allow me to tell you about the Kindergarten teacher. She loves every student in her classroom. I have written several notes just to ask questions and she answers them promptly and politely THE SAME DAY. I have seen my shy, timid little girl absolutely flourish and I give the school and the Kinder teacher all the credit. I am amazed at what my daughter has accomplished this year and look forward to 1st grade I know for a fact that I have gotten my monies worth and so much more from this school. My best decision for my daughter was choosing St. Christopher's.

Posted March 5, 2014

I am very pleased with the school and staff; they have been very helpful helping my son adjust to his new surroundings. He is new to the US school system and we wanted to help him assimilate by attending a private school. St Christopher's staff and the Parish have given him the opportunity to be part of the community and he really loves it. The only remark I have is regarding the size of the classes, with the closing of St. Joseph's, additional pressure was put on St. Christopher's to accommodate the transferring students. But overall we are pleased with our choice.

Posted November 15, 2012

I love this school. this is my first year here my son who is quiet but kind and smart, loves this school. the principal and teachers are fantastic, the front office personnel are outstanding. I am not impressed with CCSD and did not want my 1st grader to go there. so very pleased with st. christopher, I highly recommend it.

Posted March 9, 2012

Saint Christopher is a huge sigh of relief for us. CCSD for us was full of kids who had behavior problems, bully type personalities and who have obviously not been protected by their parents to maintain childhood innocense much. Not to mention the difficulty in finding a teacher worthy of caring for small human beings. CCSD was a NIGHTMARE for my kids. The reverse racism was disgusting. Things my kids would be in a lot of hot water for were being said to them constantly without a second glance from any adult. THAT BEING SAID, finding St. christopher has been the best blessing. From the get go when we took a tour, we noticed a VAST differenfe. The children had smiles on their faces, they were kind to their peers. The parents are INVOLVED. My kid's teachers have become like family to us in just 2 trimesters. My kods participate in a myriad ofnextracurricular activities that are affordable. The staff adores my kids, and all of the other kids. This school geels like a family. We are midwestern Catholics so Vegas is very different but St. christopher has given us a home, most importantly my kids are thriving in a positive, enriching, safe enironment.

Posted January 9, 2012

Having suffered through the early elementary years in CCSD, my husband and I went looking for a private school. We were so impressed by the feeling of genuine caring and warmth we felt at this school. The principal is involved and we could NOT be happier with this school. My child is learning far more than they ever did in CCSD! The teacher is fantastic and really knows each student in my childs class. I am so happy with the move we made to this school!

Posted March 6, 2010

After several years of sub standard leadership the school is now the school it was meant to be. The new principal is wonderful. He is very hands on and even does lunch duty. The front office staff is friendly and caring. The teachers are of good quality and really care about the students. Small class sizes are a definite plus. It has a great family atmosphere. I would highly reccommend this school,

Posted January 24, 2010

4-1/2 Stars to St. Christopher--It has new life and professionalism. New principal is involved and PTO friendly. New website (http://teacherweb.com/NV/StChristopherS... nice brochure, getting organized, communicating with parents, and working hard. The school has a wonderful family atmosphere. The teachers challenge the students. Very upbeat.

Posted April 17, 2009

My daughter attends St Christopher. The teachers really care if the students are up to date in their learning. It is a good school if you like to avoid big crowds.

Posted October 17, 2008

Unprofessional staff, parents who now think by working for the school they can disrespect other parents. No sense of education on their end. School should hire professionals dedicated to education not parents that have nothing else to do. School does not have the funds to do more research on their techers and for that they fired or let go of the good ones to hire the inexperience and more affordable. My kids will no longer attend St. Christopher. I do belive this was a great school 3 years ago. Did anybody visit the Bazaar this year.. What happen??? can anybody explain.

Posted August 13, 2008

rude and disrespectful students not enough religious belifes for a catholic school. techers constaintly fired and hired throughing off education for students. older students are treated like young children giving them lack of responsability which makes them become more lenient having the wrong outlook on like and leading to imatureaty. i am completly dis satisfied with this school enviorment and i for one will not have my children attending this school next year

Posted August 29, 2007

Academic's exceed expectations/great teachers Extracurricular activities are in need of funding much like the pubis school system The parents that are involved, are involved!

Posted January 3, 2006

I am a 2002 graduate student of St. Christopher, and in a few months will graduate as a top student of Bishop Gorman High School. My educational development at St. Christopher has influenced all of my curricular and extra curricular activities. Attending this school has become a tradition, now that all three of my siblings have graduated from the same school. Two of which are now in medical and law school. The close, and personal attention by the caring teachers and principal is absolutely great at St. Christopher. The teachers trully do care for the development and well being of each child. I give my hightest recommendation to this parochial school.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 18, 2005

I love this school for the simple reason that the parents and staff work well together to keep this school community tight. From the lunch room volunteers to the parent organization. Not a day goes by that you will not see a parent working and helping out in the class or on the grounds. They have the 'It takes a village ' mentality to education. I love them for that.

Posted February 2, 2005

i think that your school needs a lot of improvement.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Las Vegas

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1840 North Bruce Street