K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Education is terrible most of teacher are school staff that took course they fired all degree teacher and what's left open book test is that a good way to learn. Consider taking your kids here yes it's a small school Catholic but what about preparing the kids for college.yes i agree they teach values and compassion and we are protecting the kids from drugs,bulling but they are forgetting education,after paying all that money we still have to pay more to go kummon for education because they are not learning and test are open book test that way the get a good grade...

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Most of the teacher where school staff that took a course and now the are teacher that way the school will save money to pay a degree teacher..

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Open book test every test will kit help the kids to get better in the future

I transferred my child to St. Christopher from another parochial school and there are many vast differences between schools. The principal here was involved and even watches the kids before class, lunch, and after school unlike the other school you see the principal ordering clothes online during school/office hours. Students at St. Christopher are very friendly and respectable. You could see how happy the students here and they even hugged the priest every day when he is around. Our very first year I get a hello and acknowledgement from Father Dave but the other school, my son been there since 2010 and I didn't get a hello not even in the church/school parking lot. St. Christopher has got the most friendliest staff, parents and students, the other school was the worst and the snobbiest of all!!! If you have money of course you'll be treated fairly. But at St. Christopher it doesn't matter what you have or don't have, they don't discriminate and judge you at all. Teachers really do care and they always find a way for students to improve and challenge them more. People say ohhh it's in the bad neighborhood well keep in mind, the school is by the police station and there are cops driving by which make the school much safer and there are surveillances there so think again!!!

My daughter went to this school for kindergarten and 1st grade until we had to move out of state. The teachers and staff are very involved. Everyone truly makes you feel part of the family. I am so grateful at the solid foundation my daughter received spiritually and academically. In comparison to the new school we are at, my daughter was learning a whole grade ahead of where she is at now. We were very impressed when within the 2nd semester of kindergarten, our daughter was reading short sentences when she could barely read complex words. I only have positive remarks for this school. The kids from every grade were polite, respectful, and watched out for of the younger students

My daughter is in Kindergarten and she absolutely loves her school. As an employee of CCSD, I did NOT feel 100% comfortable sending my 5 Y.O. off to school and NOT know anything about the teachers, school, principal, etc. When I visited St. Christopher's ... I was given a tour by the Principal. He was very polite and allowed me to talk to the teacher and ask questions with no rush. He did not try to pressure me into choosing St. Christopher. Office staff is great. I was a little nervous at first, because my family is NOT Catholic; but that worry was quickly erased as I realized my daughter was flourishing. Allow me to tell you about the Kindergarten teacher. She loves every student in her classroom. I have written several notes just to ask questions and she answers them promptly and politely THE SAME DAY. I have seen my shy, timid little girl absolutely flourish and I give the school and the Kinder teacher all the credit. I am amazed at what my daughter has accomplished this year and look forward to 1st grade I know for a fact that I have gotten my monies worth and so much more from this school. My best decision for my daughter was choosing St. Christopher's.

I am very pleased with the school and staff; they have been very helpful helping my son adjust to his new surroundings. He is new to the US school system and we wanted to help him assimilate by attending a private school. St Christopher's staff and the Parish have given him the opportunity to be part of the community and he really loves it. The only remark I have is regarding the size of the classes, with the closing of St. Joseph's, additional pressure was put on St. Christopher's to accommodate the transferring students. But overall we are pleased with our choice.

I love this school. this is my first year here my son who is quiet but kind and smart, loves this school. the principal and teachers are fantastic, the front office personnel are outstanding. I am not impressed with CCSD and did not want my 1st grader to go there. so very pleased with st. christopher, I highly recommend it.

Saint Christopher is a huge sigh of relief for us. CCSD for us was full of kids who had behavior problems, bully type personalities and who have obviously not been protected by their parents to maintain childhood innocense much. Not to mention the difficulty in finding a teacher worthy of caring for small human beings. CCSD was a NIGHTMARE for my kids. The reverse racism was disgusting. Things my kids would be in a lot of hot water for were being said to them constantly without a second glance from any adult. THAT BEING SAID, finding St. christopher has been the best blessing. From the get go when we took a tour, we noticed a VAST differenfe. The children had smiles on their faces, they were kind to their peers. The parents are INVOLVED. My kid's teachers have become like family to us in just 2 trimesters. My kods participate in a myriad ofnextracurricular activities that are affordable. The staff adores my kids, and all of the other kids. This school geels like a family. We are midwestern Catholics so Vegas is very different but St. christopher has given us a home, most importantly my kids are thriving in a positive, enriching, safe enironment.

Having suffered through the early elementary years in CCSD, my husband and I went looking for a private school. We were so impressed by the feeling of genuine caring and warmth we felt at this school. The principal is involved and we could NOT be happier with this school. My child is learning far more than they ever did in CCSD! The teacher is fantastic and really knows each student in my childs class. I am so happy with the move we made to this school!

Last modified St Christopher Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8