Reno, NV

Posted September 10, 2013
As a grandparent of a 1st grader and Kindergartner I have seen first hand through volunteering in the classroom and attending school functions, the terrific staff of teachers and aides at Mamie Towles. Both go above and beyond their duties and demonstrate a genuine concern for the students. The parent involvement is phenomenal which is seen in the numbers that turn out for school events. I am so grateful that my grandchildren are able to attend Mamie Towles. I only wish Towles had a Spanish immersion program, which is, unfortunately, only at two WCSD elementary schools. If it did, I would give the school an A++++++!

Posted May 28, 2013
We are very pleased with this school. Our child is in 1st grade and we feel so fortunate to have such an amazing teacher watch over and guide him. His teacher keeps in close touch with us regarding how he is doing with the lessons as well as his behavior. We were very picky as to where our son would go and I did hours of research comparing Towles to neighboring schools and I learned that this school we are zoned for is a great place for him to be.The faculty is really wonderful, great listeners and always offer a lending ear. The PTO is on top of important matters and the school functions are a ton a fun. My son always wants to attend the school functions. I read a lot about this schools constant fund raisers and that concerned me to a degree. Now that I know more about the lack of funding through the district, we want our kids to have awesome opportunities and they cost money. If families can't give, thats okay. But I say keep fundraising for those that can give will and ALL of our children will reap the benefits. If you don't ask for something, you may never get it. I give this school two thumbs up.

Mamie Towles Elementary School 3

Posted August 29, 2011
This school is the bomb!!! The strong leadership is the backbone to this marvelous school. The principal truly leads his staff, the staff are kind, supportive and competent. My son has excelled in this school. You Rock!!!!

Posted June 21, 2009
This school is the best elementary school in Reno! My step daughter has excelled in every way do to the teachers and staff of this school. I have been a part of many events at the school and enjoy every one

Posted August 11, 2008

Mamie Towles Elementary School 4

Posted May 12, 2007
This is an older neighborhood school, but I much prefer it to the newer schools because it is so much less crowded and everyone knows the students in this environment. My daughter has had tremendous teachers and has really blossomed here. The combined grade classrooms, especially at the upper levels, have really allowed her to work at her own pace.

Posted August 05, 2005
Very impressed with the quality of the first grade teachers, Mrs. Larson and Mrs. Mc Elroy. They went way out of their way to see that my 2 grandchildren ,Julie and Haley Jansma, were given the care necessary for them to succeed. Mary Michael

Mamie Towles Elementary School
2800 Kings Row, Reno, NV  89503
Last modified Mamie Towles Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mamie Towles Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top