Posted August 04, 2014
My daughter has attended this school for two years now. We moved over from Sparks and specifically chose this school because of the results and we have not regretted this choice. They have been able to challenge her and then, when she was going into third grade they tested her for GT. We will miss this school and the staff. The teachers are there for the children and the principal was amazing for the time that we had her. We are sad to be going, but it is time to move into the next phase of learning.

Posted November 15, 2013
Two of my kids attend Silver Lake. I love this school!!! The teachers are all wonderful. My kids and I have loved every teacher they have had. The principal, Mrs. Dickson cares about each student. She is always helping in the cafeteria and on the playground. Any time you need to talk to her, she is always there to listen. I would highly recommend this school. There is a lot of parent involvement.

Posted February 14, 2013
my daughter has attended Silver Lake from kindergarten until now a 5th grade. We love our school and admin. My son is now in kindergarten and is thriving in speech therapy!

Silver Lake Elementary School 1

Posted March 18, 2011
My daughter went here and was bullied by a student and No body did anything about it, so we pulled her out. Her new school is wonderful!

Silver Lake Elementary School 4

Posted September 27, 2010
Everyone there is friendly. They are helpful and supportive. The teachers appear to enjoy what they do and are here for the children. Currently, my only concern is the school year's schedule for breaks, but we have not gotten there yet, so it may not be as worrisome as I am anticipating. One never knows until one gets there what a situation may or may not be.

Posted April 30, 2009
Teachers and staff are pretty good. The caring of education starts at the Kindergarten level. There is teacher longivity and a good mix of incoming teachers with innovative teaching that deals with NCLB and all the random testing that takes place. I had a child in speech a few years ago and the IEP, though simple, was handled appropriately. I did not even know he had speech issues. I have seen schools with partents begging teachers to evaluate their student but they are overloaded. School does a good job with a diverse population. There is a flux of spanish speaking and billingual aides are made avaialble at an early age. School pride is important and a healthy clean school is apparent.

Silver Lake Elementary School 2

Posted April 01, 2009

Silver Lake Elementary School 1

Posted February 16, 2009
Terribly unprofessional communication between teachers, special education team, and principal (a lot of eye rolling and backbiting at the other groups and finger pointing discussing faults - those types of arguments/confersations should occur privately - not in front of a parent as if we are supposed to choose sides). I pulled my son out and placed him in a private school.

Silver Lake Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2007

Posted February 11, 2004
This is a good school that does provide a quality education for my two youngest kids. The teachers are nice and they care about the kids. My kids have received a lot of help since starting there.

Silver Lake Elementary School
8719 Red Baron Blvd, Reno, NV  89506
Last modified Silver Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Silver Lake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top