Reno, NV

Double Diamond Elementary School 1

Posted November 03, 2014
Very concerned over a federal investigation going on at this school. Also the way parents are treated by the administrators is horrible.

Posted November 03, 2014
This is a great school. The teachers are very helpful and knowledgeable and many parents are very active in volunteering. The administration is very friendly. I recommend this school.

Posted September 03, 2014
We have been at Double Diamond Elementary School for 4 (going on 5) years. The last few years have seen changes in administration, but despite that, the school has always seemed to run seamlessly. The front office staff are on the ball, admins are approachable and helpful, and the vast majority of teachers are dedicated, professional and great educators. We feel like Double Diamond is "home" and are very thankful to have such a caring school for our children.

Double Diamond Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
Mrs. Long is a marvelous teacher. She is responsive and dedicated to her students. Fabulous teacher! Unfortunately, it seems that there is a disconnect with the principal. Student needs do not appear to be a priority with her. Health needs are not addressed in a helpful manner. However the office staff is helpful and friendly.

Posted September 26, 2013
The school is great with loving teachers, supportive parents and great community! With Keller Williams Group One, Inc. Reno we organized a project to improve the school and were overwhelmed with the help of the staff and parents.

Posted September 23, 2013
It is a very good school... All the teachers and vice and principal are very great at their job

Posted September 12, 2013
My daughter had spent her first grade in Double Diamond Elementary School and she has been missing it ever since we came back to Beijing. She missed her teachers of not only red track, but also other tracks and school staff. She missed the happy time she spent with her classmates both inside and outside the classroom. She missed the pizza she shared with the school's principal. She missed the bushes beside the school she ventured to cross during winter. She missed Mt. Rose, which is just around the school's corner. She missed everything. But as for me, her Dad, I missed the fairness and knowledge she received in DDES. We will cherish our memory in DDES and we hope to visit it in the future.

Posted August 22, 2013
This is my son's first year at Double Diamond Elementary. The faculty and staff have really gone out of their way to welcome him and make him feel comfortable at a new school. His teacher is fantastic and has already gotten him more interested in reading. As a parent, I have had great communication and support. I am really happy with this school and so is my son!

Posted July 07, 2013
My children have thrived at this school. We have had wonderful teachers who have gone the extra mile for their students. We feel fortunate to be a part of this community!

Double Diamond Elementary School 1

Posted July 30, 2012
This school has been horrible for the past few years that my child has gone there. The office staff in not friendly at all, and the administration does not work well with parents. At times their tone of voice is very rude when speaking to parents as well. I would not recommend this school. They are overcrowded and no accommodations are made to help support students and/or parents. The one good thing I have to say are most of the teachers I have dealt with have been pretty good.

Double Diamond Elementary School
1200 South Meadows Parkway, Reno, NV  89511
Last modified Double Diamond Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Double Diamond Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top