Posted April 09, 2014
My son has been attending Diedrichsen for three years since Kindergarten, I think the staff staff and principal are great. The teachers there seem like they really care for my child's education, I hope it continues to be successful in educating our children and keeping up a great reputation. Mrs. Waugh is the current principal.

Lloyd Diedrichsen Elementary School 3

Posted October 09, 2011
I believe thy Mrs. Carmella is a great principal. She is very interested in a cmy child's education and always gets back to me with all the concerns that I have about my child. She is a wonderful lady And I have the inmost respect for her. Hopefully she stays at this school. The staff knows that she is always watching. She has a big responsibility to are children to guide them to help them make the best possible choices so that they will have a chance in life to success and be a productive person in life.

Posted March 31, 2010
As a parent of two children attending Diedrichsen ES for the last three years, I was concerned about the turnover in Administration. I should say that this has subsided with the current principal, Ms. Ciaramella. She is extremely interested in parental concerns, an objective listener, and proactive with intervention (when needed). We are pleased with the education that our children are getting, despite our differences in philosophy with the teacher's. We hope that Ms. Ciaramella will continue to lead, as the school will improve exponentially with each year she stays.

Lloyd Diedrichsen Elementary School 4

Posted December 29, 2008
As noted in a previous review, something has changed at the school. The stability of the staff is changing as the senior teachers are starting to retire and more so with the principal s position as it seems to be a staging area for career moves. In the 5 years our daughter has attended the school, we are now at our 3rd principal. If this position is to be considered as the leader of the school, then the direction the school is going changes with each new person assigned. My hats off to the teaching staff, old and new as they are the ones who really interact with the kids on a daily basis and they are amazing!

Lloyd Diedrichsen Elementary School 2

Posted April 15, 2008
This was the best school but this past year (2007-2008) something's changed. Parents are less welcomed in the school, the students are afraid of being arrested (according to my child and several of his friends-who once loved the school) and uncomfortable taking their problems to the office, the new principal is unapproachable. He treats the school like an inner city problem school instead of the great school it was. The teachers are still wonderful and the curriculum hasn't changed too much but it has lost it's welcoming happy atmosphere that it had under John Sutherland.

Posted February 26, 2008
This is the best elementary school in all of Reno-Sparks. My daughter is a former student and my son is a current one. All the teachers are really caring and involved. The test scores reflect the amount of effort and time the teachers put into the children's education.

Posted September 25, 2007

Posted April 08, 2007
I really love this school. My daughter is in the 3rd grade and never got help from any other school. Well they helped her and is staying on top of things. She is know at the right level. Thanks Diedrichsen for all of youe help.

Posted March 13, 2006
This is a great school. Teachers are very friendly, helpful, and approachable. The office staff is wonderful. Parent involvement is highly incouraged and I have always felt welcome.

Lloyd Diedrichsen Elementary School
1735 Del Rosa Way, Sparks, NV  89434
Last modified Lloyd Diedrichsen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lloyd Diedrichsen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.