Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

When you ask for help it isn't always there. The teacher's don't always want to be present. Don't get me wrong. Some really do care but some just act like your child's issues are an inconvenience.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I don't know. My child does not have this problem.

Supports LD students: Disagree

Seventh graders come in with a huge transition awaiting them. They go from starting at nine to starting at 730. They have seven teacher's instead of one. They have a huge backpack full of masses of information to keep organized. They also have changes in their bodies and minds going on. Even smart students can struggle. They say that struggling is normal but have nothing in place to deal with this.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

They aren't there for those that are reaching for help. There are programs but if you want to get ahold of a teacher you better come in the middle of the day cause once that bell rings some of them run for the hills. Usually the one you need.

Amount of homework: Disagree

If a child continues to forget everything they say "Don't worry. That is normal. It gets better." How does that help my child succeed now?

My school is Yvonne Shaw middle School. This school gives many opportunities to students. I'm a soon to be eighth grader and so far I have had an excellent experience. The teachers help out when I don't understand a subject and really break it down so I understand. The electives at my school are amazing. The Music department is awesome. Choir, Band, and Orchestra receive very high scores at music festivities and students really do flourish in these elective. I cant tell you where to find a more awesome school. Because of the great experience I have had with all my teachers and peers, I ended my seventh grade year with a 4.0 gpa. That's because of my wonderful teachers. I would definitely recommend this school!

Not enough minorities and the minorities arent treated fairly bad bad bad and Mr _ isnt a good teacher jokes around to much nobody learns

Apparently this review is for positive feedback only which should be a clue for anyone reviewing this school for their childs possible enrollment. We have not had the best experience with Yvonne Shaw. Now understand that all schools have there downsides but it is most important that our kids receive the best opportunities available as far as education is concerned. If your child is a minority please be vigilant in making sure they receive equal and fair treatment from teachers and the administrative staff.

best school. i love mrs.tivera. she is awsome. i would recoment theis school 100% overall

I have gone to this school for two years, haven't found a single problem for this school. It's a great place to be. I completely love school now!

Last modified Yvonne Shaw Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.