Sparks, NV
Students enrolled: 1,168

Yvonne Shaw Middle School 4

Posted June 07, 2013
My school is Yvonne Shaw middle School. This school gives many opportunities to students. I'm a soon to be eighth grader and so far I have had an excellent experience. The teachers help out when I don't understand a subject and really break it down so I understand. The electives at my school are amazing. The Music department is awesome. Choir, Band, and Orchestra receive very high scores at music festivities and students really do flourish in these elective. I cant tell you where to find a more awesome school. Because of the great experience I have had with all my teachers and peers, I ended my seventh grade year with a 4.0 gpa. That's because of my wonderful teachers. I would definitely recommend this school!

Yvonne Shaw Middle School 2

Posted August 30, 2011
Apparently this review is for positive feedback only which should be a clue for anyone reviewing this school for their childs possible enrollment. We have not had the best experience with Yvonne Shaw. Now understand that all schools have there downsides but it is most important that our kids receive the best opportunities available as far as education is concerned. If your child is a minority please be vigilant in making sure they receive equal and fair treatment from teachers and the administrative staff.

Posted August 11, 2010
best school. i love mrs.tivera. she is awsome. i would recoment theis school 100% overall

Posted January 28, 2010
I have gone to this school for two years, haven't found a single problem for this school. It's a great place to be. I completely love school now!

Yvonne Shaw Middle School 2

Posted January 26, 2010
Teachers at this school rely on an inaccurate system called ed-line for grading instead of paying attention to what the kids are doing. My son has had too many assignments, had them come back graded, and they show missing on this system.

Yvonne Shaw Middle School 3

Posted June 18, 2009
This school is okay.... What i do not like/ respect is most of the teachers. I believe as a student attending my school, that most of the teachers think that all the kids are the same * rude and dont care about school* Teachers need to understand that we are not all the same, and that some fo us are very diffrent and enjoy school. I used to enjoy school, and now i kinda dont because some of my teachers dislike me for some crazy reason. In sixth grade my gpa was above 4.0 I just wish that the teachers at my school would respect of us a little bit more. But over-all the school is wonderful, minuse the teachers.

Posted March 31, 2009
I give this school 5 stars. My son has been there for two years and is doing great. The staff and teachers are all top notch. The kitchen staff is great too.

Posted July 28, 2008
Shaw is the best school in Washoe County. I love it there. The teachers are very cool and push you to be your best. The electives are fun also. Munley and Vial are the coolest P.E. teachers there are. Coyotes Rule!

Yvonne Shaw Middle School 3

Posted May 07, 2008

Posted April 14, 2008

Yvonne Shaw Middle School
600 Eagle Canyon Dr, Sparks, NV  89436
Last modified Yvonne Shaw Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yvonne Shaw Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top