Bad
Good

The teaches really do care. These people must be terrible paren't that want the teachers to parent their kids.

Amount of homework: Agree

Not too much homework, pretty easy overall. It's not too little though, it's pretty effective but not too much as to be overwhelming to students.

I am a parent and former school board member. This is a well run school with innovative and dedicated staff and administration. it does a good job in keeping up with technology and changing educational models while trying to manage budgetary concerns. Here you will find involved teachers and coaches, open parent communication available and encouraged and many inspired children.

I saw a post about our town being very pointed at our adults in our community & I strongly agree. We need this town to take responsibility for cleaning it up & take more pride in our surroundings. We've let ourselves down by not being pro-active to stop allowing the scenery to look like a garbage heap. Ordinances should be in place(because common sense isn't universal) to keep garbage out of the front of properties. Ex.piles of clothes rotting on a porch for all to see & smell-those in the area know which house I'm talking about. The town can't afford to demolish all these condemned homes so we need to help our neighbors or pitch in to do 1 house/mo for a yard clean-up if the person is elderly or disabled. I will "STEP UP" to make a difference because I do take pride in being in such a GREAT LITTLE TOWN - BERLIN!!! I heard of a person who is moving into this town soon who did this for another town she lived in & had spectacular results. I will try to contact her and see if she'd be interested in doing the same thing for Berlin. It takes all of us to make a difference so let's all "STEP UP" to change back to the town we once were; flourishing with hope, prosperity, and pride!!!.

I saw that comment on another site about Berlin & agree. It starts in our schools to open the eyes of the children to work together to help each other achieve their higher goals & expect higher standards out of our children. Parents need to be pro-active too! GET INVOLVED! PITCH-IN for events not only for the school, but in the community. There are many so there's no excuse for being dormant. We are letting our town turn into a shanty-town especially across the bridge. The "SLUMLORDS" don't set the standard of how we live, WE DO! Our schools are just trying to contain the children who come from what they've learned at home. How can we expect the children to excel when the parents leach off the system who don't care about anyone but themselves. If the parents "STEP UP" to the plate and help the teachers by pitching in with the learning process(make them do their homework instead of video games or TV) it would better our children's future, our future & our towns' future. Nobody asked for a cesspool, yet we dug it for ourselves by letting others drag us down to the point where we no longer take pride in the responsibility of what our town has become. I agree to "STEP UP" for Berlin!

The school is very traditional. Go to milan village school a few miles down the road.

Last modified Berlin Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.