Chichester, NH

Chichester Central School 5

Posted August 15, 2007
- a staff

Posted July 16, 2007
I appreciate the small class size and the willingness of the teachers to meet with you when needed. CCS have given my children the confidence and tools to compete in this challenging world. I am proud of our school and am willing to put as much effort into my childs education as our school does!

Posted January 31, 2007
Our child graduates this year and attended CCS from first grade on. This school's learning environment has been great for him. There are many pressures on schools and teachers to perform and produce good test results. As a small town, most of our taxes go to the school and they do a great job managing what they have. Our town is committed to maintaining a smaller class size and using the various test to improve the curriculum. Our son has tested very high locally, on a state level and nationally. His teachers are supportive and encourage him to challenge himself. For a small school there are many activities offered and students have the opportunity to play several sports if they are in good academic standing. The school is really the hub of the town and many activities are centered there.

Posted April 26, 2006
- a former student

Chichester Central School 5

Posted June 06, 2005
My children have gone to CCS for several years. We have been most impressed with the caring nature of the school, the small class sizes,and the willingness of the staff to stay current with educational trends. Cocurricular opportunities are many, there is after-school care, and sports are well attended. My children have had a very positive experience at CCS--they have great friends, they have excellent educational opportunities, and they appreciate the nurturing of the staff. I suppose you can't please everyone--but CCS has been a wonderful school for us!

Chichester Central School 1

Posted March 23, 2005
I was horrified at both the teachers and the lack of discipline by the students at this school. The teachers I met made me feel like they had barely completed high school themselves and talked as though they were not educated. I will never let any of my children attend this school is is a joke.

Chichester Central School 1

Posted August 21, 2004
I'll have to agree with the person who wrote this 'The curriculum was stale and most teachers burnt out.' Awful nothing fresh or new when a student needs extra help it is not there! The school tends to turn toward saying your child needs medication if they don't want to put the time in for that student and the ones who move on from this school tend to have a hard time in high school or drop out. Very sad!

Posted April 07, 2004
I had three children attend all 8 years each at CCS. I loved the elementary curriculum, only had 1 bad teacher experience (1st year teacher). However, once my children hit middle school (6 grade) I was very disapointed. The curriculum was stale and most teachers burnt out. Having 1st year teachers was also a bust and never worked out good for my children. There needs to be a shake up in these grades and the principal needs to take control from the teachers and put together a high energy team that excits the kids and prepares them for the regional high school.

Chichester Central School
219 Main St, Chichester, NH  03258
Last modified Chichester Central School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chichester Central School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top