Bad
Good

This is the BEST school my daughter has been to. I absolutely love the school and the majority of the teachers. I have had personal contact with many of the teachers and feel that they do a lot to get parents involved. They go above and beyond to make sure that the children have a wonderful time learning. Learning is an adventure there, not a chore. There is a lot of understanding and the small classes make one on one time easier and more beneficial. I also had daily or weekly contact with my daughters teachers to let me know how each was doing. I love this school and am very glad my children have gone here.

For the record, I think this school does an incredible job considering the budget they are working with. A few of the teachers (not everyone) try very hard to make sure that the students are getting the resources they need. The administration is not very helpful in the matter, either. Considering the challenges, this school does a wonderful job of creating a sense of community and caring to foster the learning of each child, no matter what challenges this child faces.

Unfortunately the school has not met my expectations for our children who have gone there. I wish I would have taught them at home, I just did not have the time. My husband and I call the school 'play school'. I am not an involved parent in the school, I feel unwelcome at the school. There is no sport for our kids at all, the extracurricular activities offered are not that exciting and they do not seem to do a whole lot of art. They have a music lesson that my daughter loves. I feel that the attention is paid to the slower students in the school and our kids are not amongst them and they get totally bored during school hours. In the last 5 years we have tried to explain it to the teachers, too late now.

Last modified Danbury Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.