PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 19, 2016
St. Thomas has been blessed with an outstanding kindergarten teacher. As many students first experience with the school, she is both firm and kind, and fair to all. She takes the time to get to know each student on a personal level and has each of her students best interests at heart. Some kindergarten programs and teachers have unrealistic expectations of 5 and 6 year old children, but at STA they are allowed to play and be children, and the academics come naturally without being forced. This teacher is the real gem of STA.

Posted April 09, 2016
My son is in his first year at St.Thomas and what a great experience. It is so nice to see the principal greeting the kids at the door each day by name. My son's teacher has played a huge role in his academic growth and his religious education. The teachers and principal at St. Thomas are truly advocates for our children and their education. I would highly recommend this school to any parent.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 09, 2016
My son's teacher was very proactive in identifying some delays in his learning and following thru to get him the help he needs as well as taking the extra time to give him the extra help he needs.

St Thomas Aquinas School 2

Posted September 12, 2015
Save your money because you will get the same curriculum at any public school today. With in the past two years Saint Thomas has ushered in the federally funded Common Core curriculum. In other words this so called private school and it's children have been sold down the river in exchange for money$$$ Of course the principle and the Manchester Archdiocese flat out deny this claim. Having had a child in the 8th grade I know that a data mining test is only given in schools where Common Core is being enforced. My child's class was subjected to a data mining test. Much to the principles dismay I refused the test...after all the school gets money in return for every child that participates. If you are not familiar with what a data mining test is please research for your self. I also had a child in 4th grade that was subjected to extremely inappropriate material. Asking a 10year old if they've ever had a crush on a teacher and to explain or asking a 10year old what they would do if their child came home in a see through blouse is asinine. And those are exact questions from a work sheet given to my 10year old while at Saint Thomas! Any issue you may have don't bother bringing it to the principles attention. Why bother. Everything you are concerned about will go into her "I'll have to investigate it" file...and never be solved. If I didn't know any better I'd say that certain people have been brought in to bring the school down. And last but certainly not least, going to church and calling yourself Catholic/Christian does not mean you are either. After leaving this school I have had to reteach my children how to use a Bible...because that is not something your kids will learn here. In fact they will learn pretty much nothing about the Gospel. How could they when there are some teachers that are too busy checking their Face Book page during class time. I will say that I am disgusted with myself for giving so much money to a school that prides itself on honesty and integrity but does not even follow its own rules. SAVE YOUR $$$

St Thomas Aquinas School 4

Posted January 19, 2013
Saint Thomas has excellent teachers and a strong principal and has great other reviews on college prep over all I think it is an excellent school if you want to move forward in life.

Posted December 11, 2007
We have a son in the third grade at St. Thomas Aquinas school, with another soon to follow in kindergarten. We truly could not be happier. The sense of community is wonderful, and the acedemics are top-notch. From comparing notes with parents of kids in other local schools, we can tell our son is at a distinct advantage academically, morally, and socially.

Posted December 11, 2007
St. Thomas Aquinas School is one of the best kept secrets in the area. As an educator and teacher of teachers, I know that the research shows that the two major things contribute to a child's success in school: the parents and the size of the school. For the past 100 years, Harvard research has shown that a small learning community is the best place for a child to thrive as an individual and become a part of a larger, caring community. While the rest of the world goes in the opposite direction of bigger and less personal, STA has stayed true to its foundations of small, sacred, and special. We were lucky to discover this school for our youngest child Jeff, who is now thriving at Loyola College in Baltimore. Thanks, STA!

Posted December 11, 2007
We love St. TA's! My 1st grader is incredibly enthusiastic about school, his terrific teacher, his special-subject teachers, and his friends. St. TA's feels like family. We still cannot believe our good fortune to have found an academically rigorous school that truly cultivates an atmosphere of respect, compassion and service to others, through the example of parents and staff. Can't say enough good about it -- it's worth it at twice the (incredibly reasonable) price!

Posted October 21, 2007
St. Thomas Aquinas school in Derry N.H. is a wonderful school. I currently have a seventh grader in the school and have had children in the school for the last 20 years! St. Thomas offers art, music, Spanish, computer, library and phys ed along with all of the required academic subjects. St. Thomas also offers Basketball, spring track, fall track, volleyball and golf teams. The PTSO also sponsors mini courses each year with courses such as cooking, karate, yoga, etc... The school also wins the blue ribbon award each year for volunteer hours.

Posted March 04, 2004
My daughter is in kindergarten at St. Thomas. She loves her school and her teachers. She has learned so much while there. She comes home and tells me what she has learned. It's funny how she refreshes my memory. I have friends with other children in kindergarten attending other schools and they haven't learned nearly as much as my daughter has. I knew it was a great school because I myself attend there from K-8.

3 Moody Street, Derry, NH  03038
Last modified St Thomas Aquinas School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8