E. Rochester, NH

Posted December 07, 2011
I absolutely love this cozy little school. It offers the type of warm and nurturing environment that I remember from my childhood school. It's more like a big family than an institution. My kids can't wait to get to school each day.

Posted July 10, 2010
The principle is great. Very enthusiastic about the kids, learning and her job. Some of the teachers are fantastic, some, not so much. One of my child's teachers will probably go down in history as his favorite teacher ever...the other...his least favorite! I guess it's just luck of the draw! The school seems to have good ethics. I would like to see more encouragement from the teachers for the parents to become involved. Some of the teachers encourage volunteering on a regular basis, some don't encourage volunteering at all. Overall, I would give the school a good rating.

Posted May 12, 2010
This is a great small school. The staff is amazing! Parent involvement could be a little better, though. As for test scores: it is my understanding that this is one of only two school within the entire Rochester school system that did well during testing, so the 3 out of 10 rating doesn't fly for me...they are better than that!

Posted May 12, 2010
My cousins attend and it seems like the teachers take great pride in their students.

Posted February 15, 2010
This school, now called the Nancy Loud School, offers a warm, nurturing environment ideal for young kids.

Posted October 09, 2007
High academic standards. Wonderful and caring staff. High parental involvement. Nurturing enviroment. Older facility but they make it work with the space limits they have. Nice playground and great neighborhood.

Posted August 31, 2006
Great small school in a medium sized city (by NH standards). The students are taught to respect themselves, their teachers and their peers. Firm but fair disipline and caring loving teachers. What they lack in facilities (no gym, poor library size) typical to an old New England neighborhood school, they make up in with high academic standards. My daughter loves the school and feels comfortable interacting with any teacher in the school regardles of grade they teach! Well worth attending if you're child is given the chance!

Posted February 25, 2005
The Annex offers a warm, nurturing environment. My two kids attended the Annex and had great experiences. I much prefer the Annex's small size to the large schools now prevalent in many towns. If your kids have the opportunity to attend the Annex, consider yourself lucky.

Nancy Loud School
5 Cocheco Ave, E. Rochester, NH  03868
Last modified Nancy Loud School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nancy Loud School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top