Hampton, NH
Students enrolled: 1,219

Posted March 09, 2014
Winnacunnet provides one of the best comprehensive high school curriculums in the state. Winnacunnet High School was recently recognized by the Commissioner s as a Circle of Excellence school and districts that aspire to excellence by being innovative in service to children. his recognition also includes schools nominated by the New Hampshire Department of Education for inclusion in the Blue Ribbon Schools Program which recognizes schools where students achieve at high academic levels and/or where the achievement gap is narrowing. http://www.education.nh.gov/news/2013/awards13.htm

Winnacunnet High School 2

Posted July 20, 2012
Winnacunnet isn't that great of a school, but it's not terrible. Barely any of the students actually want to learn, and most only show up because they're already on probation for attendance issues. A lot of the teachers at Winnacunnet pick favorites and treat certain students better than the rest of the class. The technology is not up to dates, the laptops are terribly slow and most are missing keys. Gym is a requirement at Winnacunnet, meaning if a student had all honors classes, and a perfect GPA, but they didn't participate in gym or take ROTC then they still wouldn't be able to graduate. I think the biggest problem at Winnacunnet would be the students, but there are problems with teachers, and the quality of education being received as well. Another problem at this school is that there are multiple towns attending it. The students from Seabrook aren't treated fairly by most of the staff, or most of the students. Bottom line: I wouldn't recommend sending your kids to this school unless it's your only option.

Posted December 10, 2010
I attended this school and their Honors/AP programs are great. Thanks to the great teachers and the availability of great courses/programs I was able to attend a prestigious college upon graduation. Not to mention, I started college with almost a whole semester of college credit under my belt because I passed the AP tests (thanks to the great AP instruction). Sports teams are great, and the possibilities are certainly there for students who wish to put forth the effort in pursuit of a great college education. The only negative about this school was the students themselves (fights in halls, bullying, etc), but that is the case at any high school, and the administration does their best to punish the bad eggs.

Posted October 02, 2009
I am currently a sophomore in this school. An honors student-athelete, and I must say this school is not that great. The honors/AP programs are fine but anyone that's not an honors student should basically not be trusted with sharp objects. The teachers are good and the school itself isn't bad but really the students here hardly qualify as students. Just sayin' peace.

Posted June 19, 2009
My daughter just finished up her Junior year at Winnacunnet. In my opinion this school needs a new administration. A major issue came up on the last day of school conveniently for the teacher involved but not so convenient for the poor students in her class. After a major meeting between this one teacher and two asst principles nothing was resolved because the assistant principles did not want to 'rattle feathers' on the last day of school. These students have no rights and must have the 'grin and bear it' attitude and I saw this first hand with one young student as I waited on my meeting there. Im hoping by posting something here the administration sees this and rethinks their attitudes towards their students and give them a little more consideration than just a means to their paychecks and long summer vacations in the end

Posted March 18, 2009
I am a freshman here and i love this school. its awesome!Awesome food, classes, teachers, and gym is optional!

Posted July 15, 2008
I'm a recent grad of Winnacunnet and I absolutely loved it. The AP and honors classes are excellent and the art department is incredible. There are some brilliant teachers and I was more than prepared for college. The athletics at the school also offer great opportunities for leadership and fun. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the school and highly highly recommend it.

Posted April 08, 2008
I am a graduate of Winnacunnet and believe it is a great school. For those of the people worrying about the environment, there are new facilities being built as we speak to rid of those trailers that you speak of. The teachers there are excellent. I am currently attending a prestigious college and find classes easy, due to the education I received at WHS. All high schools have their own problems, have their bad kids, bad experiences, it s life. You will get the education equal to if not better than those of the private schools.

Winnacunnet High School 2

Posted March 25, 2008
My daughter just finished her senior year and I have to say we are happy she is finished! She had some really great teachers and adminstrators and there is a very caring staff. The problems at Winnacunnet begin with the families of many of the students. I have lived and taught in many places-the Bronx to affulent orange cnty. CA. and I have NEVER heard such heartbreaking stories of what kids are facing at home. School can only do so much...these problems follow the kids to school and spillover and effect everything else. Drugs, dropouts, teen prgnancy-don;t blame the school, help the kids. What this leaves though is lots of distraction and less learning.

Winnacunnet High School 4

Posted September 13, 2005
I am a graduate of Winnacunnet and have a sibling presently attending. Come on, all kids complain about school -ie the food, the amount of work, their teachers... But I can honestly say that I enjoyed high school. Both the education I received and championship trophies my sports teams earned! the teachers (who also serve as pt coaches) were/are well educated, creative, and supportive. The new additions are more accomodating to the students & staff - but also pleasing to the eye, which hopefully will boost the moral of those 'hardened' by learning in a modular! with parental support of both the district and the students, I think Winnacunnet stands the chance of becoming a role model school once again!

1 Alumni Dr, Hampton, NH  03842
Last modified Winnacunnet High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winnacunnet High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top