Hooksett, NH

Posted January 23, 2013
My daughter's attende Mont Blanc for several years. The curriculum was individualized and met each of their needs. They learned how to make good decisions and respond to social pressures with confidence. The teachers and administrators supported the girls through their struggles, nurturing them to set higher goals for themselves. My children loved the environment and the community involvement that the school fostered.

Posted February 27, 2010

Posted August 12, 2008

Posted March 20, 2006
My son has attended Mont Blanc Academy in Hooksett since he started school, and has flourished under its teaching style. As a gifted student, he requires teachers that can dedicate more time to going beyond the scope of a rigid lesson plan. He has advanced quickly in subjects he naturally grasps because the school does not hold him back. For example, being strong in math they have let him advance at his own speed and he is now doing algebra at 10 years old. In areas where he needs extra attention, they are there for him as well, tutoring him beyond the classroom and working with the parents.

Posted August 06, 2005

Posted April 07, 2005
When we first visited the school it appeared to be warm and nurturing with very individualized instruction based upon the needs of each student. After enrollment it did appear that was what our child was recieving however after some time we discovered that we could not have been more wrong. The quality of instruction varied from extremely thorough with two teachers to extremely poor with two others. Since our child met with only 4 teachers for core academics, that was an astoundingly poor ratio. Questioning of the school head only made the situation worse for our child. It became very clear that the head of the school and her teachers were not interested in improving a poorly run school. The actual facility was also appalling far too often. There were many days when bags of trash would be left just outside the main entrance without concern of health issues or appearance.

Posted December 06, 2004
I too found the November Review to be off base! Mont Blanc has been a Godsend to us! They have worked with my child and made me feel comfortable in any way they could! They are a super group of professionals! My son has grown so much thanks to MBA. The staff are willing to work with you no matter the situation. My children go in there happy and leave happy everyday! That is what matters most to me at this age.

Mont Blanc Academy 4

Posted December 02, 2004
I find the previous review to be far off base from the experince that we have had sending our son to Mont Blanc. He's been attending that school for a number of years and I haven't once experinced any of those situations that was mentioned. I have always found the teachers and administrators available and willing to spend the time speaking to me about my child's progress. Matter of fact, I like the fact that the office hours are available to have more in-depth conversations after the students departs as to NOT take the school personnel away from attending to the needs of the school. I think it's sad that just because sometimes the student and the school do not mesh well, parents will set blame to the school itself. I feel that Mont Blanc provides particular answers to particular needs and I've always been more than happy.

Posted November 02, 2004
When my child first attended Mont Blanc we thought it was a warm nuturing environment.We were told they could and would be able to work with children with learning differences. What we experienced was completely the opposite. Far too much unstructured time & little if any discipline and/or accountability for students. When administration was questioned about this they promised a change of that never happened. Administration became hostile and aggressive to my child & to us because we questioned them. During the time my child was there the turn over rate of students & faculty was incredibly high with low moral for all.

Mont Blanc Academy