Manchester, NH

Posted August 04, 2011
My child has been going to this school for the past 3 years. Although she is holding her own in school, I see some of the teachers and other staff stressed by the lack of parents help. Meaning a lot of the kids that go here need a lot more than what the school can provide. 1 example language a lot of the kids do not speak English which can make learning difficult for everyone and frustrating. I have to say though that the Principal is 1 of the best. He knows all students by name. He makes it a point to know is students. He has a high expectation level,has he should. He is encouraging making sure all his students do has well as they can to succeed. He makes school fun for them. The staff is wonderful right down to the janitors. The staff is there willing to help and do what is takes to teach these kids. In regards to the school not ranking that great do to test standards, it is because again a lot of the children are not getting the quality of help they need from their home life. If more parents got involved in what their children were doing, they would have a better chance in school. If you want your child to do well it starts at home, School is just reinforcement.

Posted January 18, 2011
I have had kids at this school for over 11 years. There are great teachers at every grade level. The Principal, Mr. D., is a great leader and as captain of this ship is beloved by all - teachers, parents and students alike!

Posted November 12, 2010
My son has been going to this school for 2 years, I cannot believe how much i love this school, the teachers are great so far, The principle, Mr. D, what a great principle! I encourage anyone in city to try and prove this statement, you cant! Thanks for reading my review....................daddaof1

Posted November 14, 2009
Test Scores are the silliest way to measure a school's 'greatness'. McDonough Elementary does the unimaginable every day! They take all learners and treat them with respect and instill pride in their community and school. This school has learned to use their dwindling resources to the highest possible efficiency levels! They deserve a 5 out of 5 for their commitment to all their diversified learners and their individual needs. We love you Mr. D and the rest of the McDonough Staff!

Posted September 17, 2009
Yhe principal Mr D. is great! All of th students love him. The teachers are great too, they really care about the students.

Posted June 20, 2009
I have my daughter here and the teachers are great. The Princepal is not above going out and helping and has often been seen giving the students high fives.

Posted May 07, 2009
Both my children are at McDonough and the teachers are great. My kids enjoy going to school everyday, and they have a really good before and after school programs as well. Located on the outskirts of this urban zip code, it offers the best of the suburuban and downtown ammenaties.

Mcdonough School 4

Posted March 30, 2006
I am a parent at McDonough. I don't think I could find a better school in Manchester. Mr. DiBenedetto is a wonderful principal. The PTA is a great and welcoming organization to be involved in. The PTA puts on super functions for the kids all year round. The whole school shows they really care for your child and their education. It has a diverse culture of students and I think that is great for my child to learn. I definitely recommend McDonough School to everyone. If you're not sure, I'm sure Mr. D will meet with you and answer any questions you have. :)

Posted September 29, 2005

Posted December 06, 2004
When our son was reaching school age I had heard horror stories about McDonough. I know that in the last few years McDonough's test scores have grown steadily and in some cases they were first in the city. It is a very welcoming environment for the kids and parents as well. The school administration is very proactive and it is a rare occasion when you will go by the school before 8 p.m. and not see some sort of activity happening within the building.

Mcdonough School
550 Lowell St, Manchester, NH  03104
Last modified Mcdonough School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcdonough School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top