Manchester, NH

Posted June 07, 2015
I have two sons who attend Mount Zion--each with different needs academically and spiritually. Currently, they are navigating middle school--I remember how hard those years can be, and I have been so impressed with the leadership (Mrs. Flynn is incredible and loves the kids so completely) and individualized teaching my boys have received. As a family, we are so thankful to have found this "light on a hill."

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 07, 2015
This is a hard one for us. My boys' scores on those national tests keep going up, so we know there is effective learning happening, yet, like most school, there are teachers we think are stronger than others--even teachers who are better suited for one of my kids versus the other. I think that's fairly typical from their public school experience (and from mine, if I can remember back that far).

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 07, 2015
This area is a definite yes in our household--especially with two very different types of learners. One of our sons is a procrastinator and the other likes to get things done quickly, sometimes at the sacrifice of quality. MZ is honing a strong work ethic in both of them with the theme verse of Col 3:23, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 07, 2015
Respect is built into something they have called Citizenship and includes respect of those in authority, respect of peers, respect of self, and respect of school property. Students can receive positive notifications for these areas if things are going well, and if they are struggling, teachers can use the Citizenship program to help teach and reinforce the expectations of respect.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 07, 2015
Both of our boys feel understood and loved by many teachers in the school. One of our boys has some special needs, and the staff has been very proactive about learning how to support him to be his best.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 07, 2015
We have two boys who have attended Mount Zion since kindergarten. They are now in middle school. As anyone with multiple children knows, our kids can be so different from each other and that is true to the extreme at our house. What we have been most impressed with is the way each of their programs have been individualized to fit the unique way God has made them. In middle school--which can be some of the toughest years kids experience--my boys have thrived under the leadership of Mrs. Flynn (team leader) and the other teachers. They have experience academic growth, measured yearly through some national test, and spiritual growth, which has been evident in every area of their lives. We are so thankful to have found this school "on a hill." It is a light to our kids, our family, and to others who are able to experience the students and staff of this fantastic community!

Mount Zion Christian Schools 2

Posted July 27, 2014
I attended MZCS my 8th grade year, and left to attend a different school for my high school years. My experience was not as great as others may have had, and I made many observations during my time there. I noticed that the faculty is more focused on how the school looks to others, and not about the heart of the school. The rules and guidelines about dress code, "side hugs", and other things related to those captured the attention of the faculty more than anything else. I noticed that the importance of rules being enforced was stronger than the importance of God being the focus of the education. Many people have had good experiences at this school, but I have also spoken with people who have experiences similar to mine. If you want to send your child here, I would suggest doing a test-run, and not forcing them to stay if they are miserable. It's not for everyone.

Posted April 18, 2014
My children have been attending Mount Zion for 5 years. We transitioned out of homeschooling. It was a seamless transition for them due to the warm and loving atmosphere of the school. The school limits the class size and our children have really benefited from a smaller classroom. My children have been encouraged to reach their greatest potential in their academic work. Also, I feel the staff really care about how my students are doing in all areas of their life. Our school is a place where families can really become involved and make an impact. One of the special things has been the many opportunities to serve others in the community through programs the school has instituted.

Posted April 05, 2014
Mount Zion Christian School is a great Christ centered school who's staff and faculty live out their faith daily and are absolutely vested in each child's education. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful place for our daughter to grow in her spiritual walk and be challenged academically. As an inter denominational school everyone has been very loving and accepting of our family. We absolutely love this great school.

Posted March 31, 2014
We love Mount Zion Christian Schools because it has afforded our children with a Christ-loving environment where they can grow both in their spiritual walk and education. The staff and faculty at Mount Zion Christian Schools are truly vested in the growth of the children there. They love on my children and really get to know them including strengths and weaknesses and learn how to maximize their potential. My children felt accepted here immediately and encouraged to be individuals who are uniquely created by our Maker.

132 Titus Avenue, Manchester, NH  03103
Last modified Mount Zion Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Mount Zion Christian Schools Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top