PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I have two sons who attend Mount Zion--each with different needs academically and spiritually. Currently, they are navigating middle school--I remember how hard those years can be, and I have been so impressed with the leadership (Mrs. Flynn is incredible and loves the kids so completely) and individualized teaching my boys have received. As a family, we are so thankful to have found this "light on a hill."

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

This is a hard one for us. My boys' scores on those national tests keep going up, so we know there is effective learning happening, yet, like most school, there are teachers we think are stronger than others--even teachers who are better suited for one of my kids versus the other. I think that's fairly typical from their public school experience (and from mine, if I can remember back that far).

Develops character: Strongly agree

We have two boys who have attended Mount Zion since kindergarten. They are now in middle school. As anyone with multiple children knows, our kids can be so different from each other and that is true to the extreme at our house. What we have been most impressed with is the way each of their programs have been individualized to fit the unique way God has made them. In middle school--which can be some of the toughest years kids experience--my boys have thrived under the leadership of Mrs. Flynn (team leader) and the other teachers. They have experience academic growth, measured yearly through some national test, and spiritual growth, which has been evident in every area of their lives. We are so thankful to have found this school "on a hill." It is a light to our kids, our family, and to others who are able to experience the students and staff of this fantastic community!

I attended MZCS my 8th grade year, and left to attend a different school for my high school years. My experience was not as great as others may have had, and I made many observations during my time there. I noticed that the faculty is more focused on how the school looks to others, and not about the heart of the school. The rules and guidelines about dress code, "side hugs", and other things related to those captured the attention of the faculty more than anything else. I noticed that the importance of rules being enforced was stronger than the importance of God being the focus of the education. Many people have had good experiences at this school, but I have also spoken with people who have experiences similar to mine. If you want to send your child here, I would suggest doing a test-run, and not forcing them to stay if they are miserable. It's not for everyone.

My children have been attending Mount Zion for 5 years. We transitioned out of homeschooling. It was a seamless transition for them due to the warm and loving atmosphere of the school. The school limits the class size and our children have really benefited from a smaller classroom. My children have been encouraged to reach their greatest potential in their academic work. Also, I feel the staff really care about how my students are doing in all areas of their life. Our school is a place where families can really become involved and make an impact. One of the special things has been the many opportunities to serve others in the community through programs the school has instituted.

Mount Zion Christian School is a great Christ centered school who's staff and faculty live out their faith daily and are absolutely vested in each child's education. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful place for our daughter to grow in her spiritual walk and be challenged academically. As an inter denominational school everyone has been very loving and accepting of our family. We absolutely love this great school.

We love Mount Zion Christian Schools because it has afforded our children with a Christ-loving environment where they can grow both in their spiritual walk and education. The staff and faculty at Mount Zion Christian Schools are truly vested in the growth of the children there. They love on my children and really get to know them including strengths and weaknesses and learn how to maximize their potential. My children felt accepted here immediately and encouraged to be individuals who are uniquely created by our Maker.

I have three children at Mount Zion with a fourth starting K5 next year. The teachers and Dean of Students were instrumental in helping my children and family through a military deployment (very tough on my then kindergartener). The faculty and staff bring their devotion to Christ with them as they teach my children God's word and challenging academics. The standards are high, the use of technology is cutting edge, and the academics are hands-on and experiential. I proudly recommend Mount Zion Christian Schools to all who are considering private Christian school.

Our son is in the K4 program now and it's amazing to see his growth both academically and spiritually. He's so adorable with his knowledge of Jesus and the excitement he shows for gaining more knowledge on everything! He can sound out words and just has a passion for learning. The teachers are amazing. You can truly tell they love your child and want the best for them. They keep you in the loop with weekly emails and truly make you feel part of the community. I give this school an above and beyond five stars!

My son has attended MZCS for the past three years. He considers the school faculty and fellow students part of his family. MZCS employs exceptional staff and truly exemplifies Christ through the fruits they exhibit which includes love, grace, forgiveness, commitment to teaching and discipleship, service, and joy through having fun. We are truly blessed by this school and thank the Lord every day for bringing us to it. Our son is challenged and encouraged at the same time. He has showed such personal growth and acheivement. We are thrilled with where he is and where he is going with the help of MZCS.

Last modified Mount Zion Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12