Posted June 02, 2014
I just love this school. The staff is attentive, and the atmosphere is welcoming to my children. Having children that range in academic abilities, I feel that each of them is getting what they need academically. More importantly, I feel as though I'm sending them to a safe and nurturing place that they can call "home".

Posted April 27, 2014
What a lovely, caring community Nottingham is and the school is just as lovely and caring. They provide wonderful extras when they can. It takes a village to raise a child and you can't go wrong with this village since it is packed full of people that have a lot of integrity with both education and environmental matters. Nottingham has heart. I have seen them go above and beyond with my kids. Don't be surprised if a stranger offers words of wisdom or teaching your child about salamanders, etc. in this beautiful town.

Posted May 08, 2013
We love the staff and small community. The school needs programs for accelerated students, as there are none, but other than that we are very happy.

Posted May 05, 2013
Im sure these parents are not taking their comments lightly and have their own issues which you are not aware of. I really doubt that a group of parents would waste their time voicing their opinion just to bring the school's rating down. Is this not where there kids are enrolled also?? I have had two children attend this school and now my third child is there and i am looking at enrolling my child in a private school because of my older children's previous experiences in this school environment.

Posted May 02, 2011
This school has gone down hill over the last 5 years, the bullying that is allowed to continue is unbelievable. The administration does nothing to try and stop this, because the bullying is done by the athletic, popular kids it is allowed to go on with no repercussions. Yet they advertise all the supposed efforts to stop this. The children are obviously not be educated or we would not still be failing the assessments and be designated as a School in Need yet again. The children were exposed to affairs between married teachers for several years, the principal was aware of this and has many emails that transpired on school time and computers yet nothing was done. So how is it that she made Principal of the Year? It is sad to know that this school is not looking out for the best interest of our children, just what will make them look good. Open your eyes Nottingham Parents!

Posted February 10, 2011
The simple fact is that a K-8 school needs to educate all grade levels. There IS room for lockers and most K-8 schools have them. The locker rooms are used for STORAGE, taxpayer dollars are being wasted by poor decision-making on the part of the school principal. Other schools in the area do not have the superior facilities that Nottingham has, yet they are providing a better education than Nottingham, that is the POINT. Finally, it is the school's responsiblity to educate, most of the parents in town do in fact hire tutors and work extra hard to ensure their children are getting an adequate education despite the poor school.

Nottingham Elementary School 4

Posted February 08, 2011
I have to give my two cents. Firstly, the school was built in 1995 as K-8. The school is not set up for JH. No lockers? No room. Can't change for gym? No time to. No place to change? Gym staff uses the locker rooms as storage closets. No space. There ARE science labs. Understand why they want to EXPAND the school? Regarding the 7/8 combined classes, my student is WELL prepared for high school and beyond because my job as a parent is to prepare them, not to expect the school to do it all for me. Language? Yes, that is lacking. We had it, and it was cut in budget cuts a number of years ago. Take your kids iPod touch and instead of Facetime or texting their buddies, hook them to Coffee Break Spanish or any number of language Podcasts and they can get a jump on learning a language. And those who like to compare to the other schools in our SAU - have you walked into them lately? They are in a sorry state of disrepair. I have relatives in superior school districts in NH and those parents complain the school is TOO HARD. So you just can't win.

Posted January 31, 2011
We are very impressed with this school. While some want their children to be exposed to a "middle school" environment, we happen to like the fact that our kids are left to be a little bit innocent, having to be role models to the younger students. The teachers are approachable, and we love the small community feel of the learning environment. Our kids have plenty of time to be little fish in a big sea, but for now we are just going to let them be kids.

Nottingham Elementary School 2

Posted January 09, 2011
Nottingham is a friendly, strong and educated middle class community. We have a large base of volunteers and a child focused community. The school's test grades do not reflect the ability of the children to learn. The school practices the "inclusion method" and combined grade classrooms. Both have proven to be ineffective. The curriculum is in need of intervention. The children should be better prepared for high school. The school sends home useless correspondence and does not communicate matters of importance. . The school employs several strong teachers. Sadly a number of the others need motivation in areas of striving for excellence, classroom control, professionalism and anger management. The elected school board ignores the academic wishes of the parents. Sadly, families are moving out of town to towns with stronger school systems. This will undoubtedly decrease the value of the homes in our beautiful country town.

Posted December 20, 2010
Jr. High students treated like small kids. As an elementary school I felt the school had many issues but overall was tolerable. However, the 7th and 8th grades have no resemblance to a traditional Jr. High. They do not use bells for passing between classes, do not have science labs, do not have lockers, do not dress or shower for gym. These are the impotant things that segregate elementary school from upper levels. All of these deficiencies have been exacerbated by the fact that this year the 7th and 8th grade classes were combined without notification to the parents before hand. This combining of classes was done without research or preparation and has turned out to be a debacle which has been voiced by both parents and teachers (in private discussions). The administration and school board don t communicate, don t listen and have railroaded their agenda for a school expansion through at the expense of the Jr. High students welfare.

Nottingham Elementary School
245 Stage Rd, Nottingham, NH  03290
Last modified Nottingham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nottingham Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews.