Plaistow, NH

Pollard Elementary School 1

Posted August 06, 2013
Horribble horrible this the school is a bad bad. Teachers are mean. They dont teach good. Education is very bad. Cafeteria food is horrible too.

Posted June 06, 2013
Pollard has been a great school for the kids, however, if you have a child with a learning disability, or any other emotional/anxiety issue, this is not the school for you. They don't listen to what you have to say, they lie, they give you the run around, and nothing ever gets accomplished because they're too busy worrying about their own selves and the school's reputation.

Pollard Elementary School 5

Posted May 14, 2013
There is a storng sense of community at Pollard. The staff and administration creates an enviroment that sustains this. I have heard good things over the years from other (former) parents. I am glad to be able to experience the care for our children and the hard work that goes into creating a pleasurable learning environment that's safe and effective. There are some top-notch teachers in place at Pollard.

Posted January 28, 2012
As a former student of Pollard Elementary School, I must say I am not very impressed. I was completely shocked by the flat out rudeness of a few of the teachers. I had quite a few complications with teachers, although there are some great teachers working at the school. I particularly liked the care of the guidance teachers. I went down there quite a few times for emotional issues. I would walk in crying and walk out with a smile. Very impressive as I have extreme emotions. The principal is satisfactory, although just barely. She must really step up her game and deal with things appropriately. Academically, though, the school had little to be desired. An improved SPED program would be a great idea. I really did enjoy being a reading buddy to one of the kindergarten or preschoolers. Before, he didn't talk much. After, he hugged me. The program improved both of us in a way. If I had the opportunity, I would do it again. I didn't really notice how much I loved it there until the bus to go home started moving on the last day of fifth grade. Seeing all of the teachers waving, some of them on the verge of tears, reminded me how many people cared about me. I would recommend Pollard.

Pollard Elementary School 0

Posted November 15, 2009
I love the fact that Pollard School is very caring and watchful of it's students. Having bus and car pick up monitoring. Also love the small school.

Pollard Elementary School 1

Posted May 19, 2009
Quality of saftey awareness was poor and the leadership and concern for the students within the school was obviously lacking.Would never reccomend this school to anyone who is looking out for the safty of thier child.

Pollard Elementary School 4

Posted May 05, 2009

Posted October 09, 2007
Good academics - wonderful teachers. Less impressed with principal on administrative level. Can see the lack of connection she has with teachers & parents - any parent who volunteers even a little can feel it throughout the school - although the students don't seem to be tuned into the tension there. If that changes I would consider pulling my children out.

Pollard Elementary School 2

Posted September 05, 2007
This is a very questionable school. Academic programs for gifted children is nonexistent. Meaningful programs for special ed kids is also pretty nonexistent. I have seen both of these with my kids. Middle School seems much better at handling special ed, but not gifted kids. Good luck.

Pollard Elementary School 0

Posted August 30, 2007
Terrible terrible terrible, what else is there to say. I had to pull my kids out and send them to a private school.

Pollard Elementary School
120 Main St, Plaistow, NH  03865
Last modified Pollard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pollard Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top