Bad
Good

I am a grandparent (male)went to pick up grand-daughter was given a hard time.(because they did not know me had to wait 20+ minutes and had to go to office) .even though I'm on emergency pick up list. That's not what made me mad. It was when some lady pulled up and said she was here for daughter they asked if daughter had parental slip. And the lady said she was her mother, the teacher said oh, ok and let her leave. she didn't know her (or she wouldn't ask for parental slip) but no questions asks.WHY ?because she female and looks harmless.she might not even have custody or be a drug addict.all I'm saying is be fair if you want to be safe don't be judgmental be consistent

It is unfortunate that several years ago some parents, and or children, did not had a positive experience at this school. However, as in any educational setting, business, company, agency, etc., there can be politics, a bad apple, differences of opinion, etc., just as you have staff who are dedicated to providing the highest of standards, love what they do, and truly enjoy working with children. Just as the seasons change, so do staff, management, visions, teams, etc., There will always be those of us who do what we do for the right reasons, with the best of intentions and with the deepest of respect and care for those we have been given the privilege to work with.

Horribble horrible this the school is a bad bad. Teachers are mean. They dont teach good. Education is very bad. Cafeteria food is horrible too.

Pollard has been a great school for the kids, however, if you have a child with a learning disability, or any other emotional/anxiety issue, this is not the school for you. They don't listen to what you have to say, they lie, they give you the run around, and nothing ever gets accomplished because they're too busy worrying about their own selves and the school's reputation.

There is a storng sense of community at Pollard. The staff and administration creates an enviroment that sustains this. I have heard good things over the years from other (former) parents. I am glad to be able to experience the care for our children and the hard work that goes into creating a pleasurable learning environment that's safe and effective. There are some top-notch teachers in place at Pollard.

As a former student of Pollard Elementary School, I must say I am not very impressed. I was completely shocked by the flat out rudeness of a few of the teachers. I had quite a few complications with teachers, although there are some great teachers working at the school. I particularly liked the care of the guidance teachers. I went down there quite a few times for emotional issues. I would walk in crying and walk out with a smile. Very impressive as I have extreme emotions. The principal is satisfactory, although just barely. She must really step up her game and deal with things appropriately. Academically, though, the school had little to be desired. An improved SPED program would be a great idea. I really did enjoy being a reading buddy to one of the kindergarten or preschoolers. Before, he didn't talk much. After, he hugged me. The program improved both of us in a way. If I had the opportunity, I would do it again. I didn't really notice how much I loved it there until the bus to go home started moving on the last day of fifth grade. Seeing all of the teachers waving, some of them on the verge of tears, reminded me how many people cared about me. I would recommend Pollard.

I love the fact that Pollard School is very caring and watchful of it's students. Having bus and car pick up monitoring. Also love the small school.

Quality of saftey awareness was poor and the leadership and concern for the students within the school was obviously lacking.Would never reccomend this school to anyone who is looking out for the safty of thier child.

Good academics - wonderful teachers. Less impressed with principal on administrative level. Can see the lack of connection she has with teachers & parents - any parent who volunteers even a little can feel it throughout the school - although the students don't seem to be tuned into the tension there. If that changes I would consider pulling my children out.

This is a very questionable school. Academic programs for gifted children is nonexistent. Meaningful programs for special ed kids is also pretty nonexistent. I have seen both of these with my kids. Middle School seems much better at handling special ed, but not gifted kids. Good luck.

Last modified Pollard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.